Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4950515253545556 LastLast

Thread: Why the Dolphins Can Beat the New York Jets

1. -531
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    You are the one that compared Sanchez and Tebow's 5 playoff wins to the Dolphins wins from 1992 to the present. I simply backed up 2 more years and counted how many playoff wins the Jets had as a franchise during that time. Prior to the Jets recent success, they had exactly 3 playoff wins in 18 years. A total of 6 playoff wins from 1970 to 2008.

The Jets do not have more playoff apps including their 1990 decade. They have 3 fewer. That includes an 8-8 playoff birth in 1991. With their 4 playoff wins in the last few years, they moved ahead by 1 since 1990. That included the Dolphins worst 12 years as a franchise and the Jets best. Congrats.
    I was illustrating a strong point that as bad as you think our QBs are they have had more success in their few years than your franchise has had in almost 2 decades.

The bottom line is we have been one ofthe better teams in the league for a while now and that looks to continue as you guys keep going south.
    Quote Quote  

2. -532
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I was illustrating a strong point that as bad as you think our QBs are they have had more success in their few years than your franchise has had in almost 2 decades.
    You think Tebow and Denver has that same success in a division with Brady in it? Winning the division at 8-8 and somehow beating Pittsburgh in the playoffs has to be one of the more ridiculous occurrences in the NFL in a while.

Quote Quote  

3. -533
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    You think Tebow and Denver has that same success in a division with Brady in it? Winning the division at 8-8 and somehow beating Pittsburgh in the playoffs has to be one of the more ridiculous occurrences in the NFL in a while.
    even if you take away tebow's playoff win Mark Sanchez has 4. Not bad for a guy who can't play in this league.
    Quote Quote  

4. -534
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo

The bottom line is we have been one ofthe better teams in the league for a while now and that looks to continue as you guys keep going south.
    One of the better teams for a while has only 3 more playoff apps and 7 more regular season wins than the Dolphins worst 12 years in franchise history. The Jets most recent season was missing the playoffs at 8-8, so we will see if that was a fluke or more of things to come. I'm not sure what to expect with Philbin, but to expect failure based on Miami's recent history is silly.
    Quote Quote  

5. -535
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    even if you take away tebow's playoff win Mark Sanchez has 4. Not bad for a guy who can't play in this league.
    He's won 4 playoff games?
    Quote Quote  

6. -536
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    One of the better teams for a while has only 3 more playoff apps and 7 more regular season wins than the Dolphins worst 12 years in franchise history. The Jets most recent season was missing the playoffs at 8-8, so we will see if that was a fluke or more of things to come. I'm not sure what to expect with Philbin, but to expect failure based on Miami's recent history is silly.
    the dolphins most recent season was starting 0-7 and never being in the playoff race, we know that isn't a fluke

failure starts at the top, until you clean that up expect more failure.
    Quote Quote  

7. -537
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo

the dolphins most recent season was starting 0-7 and never being in the playoff race, we know that isn't a fluke

failure starts at the top, until you clean that up expect more failure.
    And finished 6-3. None of that matters since changes have been made. New coaches, new system, new players. Thanks again for letting me know what to expect in the future. You also told me the Jets were one of the best teams in the league last year and that didn't turn out to be so accurate, so I think I would rather see how it plays out.
    Quote Quote  

8. -538
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And finishing 6-3. None of that matters since changes have been made. Thanks again for letting me know what to expect in the future. You also told me the Jets were one of the best teams in the league last year and that didn't turn out to be so accurate, so I think I would rather see how it plays out.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

And finishing 6-3. None of that matters since changes have been made. Thanks again for letting me know what to expect in the future. You also told me the Jets were one of the best teams in the league last year and that didn't turn out to be so accurate, so I think I would rather see how it plays out.
    Finishing 6-3 when the season was already over, congrats!

failure starts at the top, until Ross changes his ways and brings in competent people to run the show you should expect similar results. I feel for Philbin, he's basically coaching for his HC career in year 1 b/c if they stink again Ross will clean house and the new GM will bring in his own HC.
    Quote Quote  

9. -539
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Finishing 6-3 when the season was already over, congrats!

failure starts at the top, until Ross changes his ways and brings in competent people to run the show you should expect similar results. I feel for Philbin, he's basically coaching for his HC career in year 1 b/c if they stink again Ross will clean house and the new GM will bring in his own HC.
    That is so much worse than finishing 0-3 (including a loss to the awful Dolphins) with the playoffs on the line. Ross has a short track record as an owner. He was looking to make changes 2 seasons removed from an 11-5 division winning season. He made them, and we will see what happens.

Care to share what we should expect from the Jets? Another AFCCG loss?
    Quote Quote  

10. -540
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Junc and the Jests are both huge steaming piles of ****.
    Quote Quote