Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the Dolphins Can Beat the New York Jets

1. -71
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    7 pages dedicated to what will most likely be a season split regardless of the teams records. It would be more interesting to debate which team will win where.
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    I'm thinking Miami finishes at least 12-4 while we MIGHT win 3 games.
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Sorry but your Jets are about to join the Lions and Bucs on another winless season.
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Nah Miami and the Jets are both going to end up 0-14-2 with the two ties in the same season between the Jets and Miami the first in recorded history.
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote  

5. -75
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSJETSJETS View Post
    15-9 Jets since 2000. 7-5 Jets since 2006. Selective picking is very easy. A rivalry game is played at a totally different level than any other regular season game. Jets have clearly been the better team since Rex took over.

Avg margin of Dolphins victory over last five years? 4.4 pts.
    Avg margin of Jets victory over the last five years? 12.4 Pts.
    Meaningless stats are meaningless.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Melrose, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    15-9 Jets since 2000. 7-5 Jets since 2006. Selective picking is very easy. A rivalry game is played at a totally different level than any other regular season game. Jets have clearly been the better team since Rex took over.

Avg margin of Dolphins victory over last five years? 4.4 pts.
    Avg margin of Jets victory over the last five years? 12.4 Pts.
    Yes, selective picking is very easy. That's why you have to go back to 2000 to make your point. What does it matter that there isn't a single coach or player still on this team from 2000, 2001, 2002, etc? I'm sure that's not relevant. Why don't we compare records from the 80s while you're at it?

This article is about the Dolphins' chances of beating the Jets in 2012. Thus, the fact that the Jets haven't swept the Dolphins since 2007 is much more relevant than who beat who while Wanny and Al Groh were coaching their repective teams. Since 2007, whether the Dolphins were good or bad, and whether the Jets were in the playoffs or not, they've beaten the Jets at least once per season.

Of course, it's possible that the Dolphins fare worse now that the Tuna and his Meatball in Chief are gone. But considering that Tony is now going to be screwing up your offense this season, I'm confident in at least a split.
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hope the W comes on 10/28/12 cause I will be there in the middle of Jets fan...
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Yes, selective picking is very easy. That's why you have to go back to 2000 to make your point. What does it matter that there isn't a single coach or player still on this team from 2000, 2001, 2002, etc? I'm sure that's not relevant. Why don't we compare records from the 80s while you're at it?
    See how selective picking works? You picked three years and then four years to make ur point, whereas you don't even have the same HC, QB, WR#1, HB or many other offensive and defensive positions. Same for the Jets. Does it really matter if we then go back 6 years? 10 years? 20 years? They are all the same. Meaningless.

This article is about the Dolphins' chances of beating the Jets in 2012. Thus, the fact that the Jets haven't swept the Dolphins since 2007 is much more relevant than who beat who while Wanny and Al Groh were coaching their repective teams. Since 2007, whether the Dolphins were good or bad, and whether the Jets were in the playoffs or not, they've beaten the Jets at least once per season.
    Lets see. Does it matter what Dolphins did in 2009? No

QB: Henne/Pat White ----> Tannehill/Garrard/Moore
    HB: Williams/Brown ----> Bush/D.Thomas
    WR: Bess/TG ----> Ochocinco/Bess
    TE: Fasano --- Fasano
    RT: Carey ----> Martin
    RG: Garner ----> Hicks?
    C: Grove ----> Pouncey
    LG: Smiley ----> Incognito
    LT: Long --- Long

DL: Soliai / Starks/ Langfor/ Merling ----> Odrick / Soliai / Starks / Cameron
    LB: Porter / Akin / Torbor / JT ----> Misi / Dansby / Burnett / ?
    CB: V. Davis / S. Smith ----> V. Davis / Marshall or Smith
    SS: Bell ----> Clemons
    FS: Gibril Wilson ----> R. Jones

I might have missed/mixed a defensive position or two, but it shows you how different the team is now. Most positions have changed. Maybe not as many offensive changes for the Jets since 2009, but plenty of defensive changes.

Of course, it's possible that the Dolphins fare worse now that the Tuna and his Meatball in Chief are gone. But considering that Tony is now going to be screwing up your offense this season, I'm confident in at least a split.
    Such comments are very funny. Your only relevant season this century came under "Tuna and his Meatball". And being an OC is much different from being a HC. Not every successful OC can be a successful HC and not every unsuccessful HC has to be an unsuccessful OC. The fact that Dolphins hired Sparano as a HC means they really liked his track record and an offensive coach.
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Melrose, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    See how selective picking works? You picked three years and then four years to make ur point, whereas you don't even have the same HC, QB, WR#1, HB or many other offensive and defensive positions. Same for the Jets. Does it really matter if we then go back 6 years? 10 years? 20 years? They are all the same. Meaningless.

Lets see. Does it matter what Dolphins did in 2009? No

QB: Henne/Pat White ----> Tannehill/Garrard/Moore
    HB: Williams/Brown ----> Bush/D.Thomas
    WR: Bess/TG ----> Ochocinco/Bess
    TE: Fasano --- Fasano
    RT: Carey ----> Martin
    RG: Garner ----> Hicks?
    C: Grove ----> Pouncey
    LG: Smiley ----> Incognito
    LT: Long --- Long

DL: Soliai / Starks/ Langfor/ Merling ----> Odrick / Soliai / Starks / Cameron
    LB: Porter / Akin / Torbor / JT ----> Misi / Dansby / Burnett / ?
    CB: V. Davis / S. Smith ----> V. Davis / Marshall or Smith
    SS: Bell ----> Clemons
    FS: Gibril Wilson ----> R. Jones

I might have missed/mixed a defensive position or two, but it shows you how different the team is now. Most positions have changed. Maybe not as many offensive changes for the Jets since 2009, but plenty of defensive changes.

Such comments are very funny. Your only relevant season this century came under "Tuna and his Meatball". And being an OC is much different from being a HC. Not every successful OC can be a successful HC and not every unsuccessful HC has to be an unsuccessful OC. The fact that Dolphins hired Sparano as a HC means they really liked his track record and an offensive coach.
    Once again, the article discusses whether or not the Dolphins can beat the Jets, something that hasn't been hard for them to do in recent years. Nothing you've posted refutes that contention. In fact, you claim that since Rex Ryan got there the Jets have been a better team. Maybe so, but Rex has also lost 4 out of the 6 games he's coached against the Dolphins. So, what's your argument again? Why exactly are the Dolphins going to have trouble beating the Jets this year?
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sinPHIN View Post
    hhhmmm bc they are overrated as hell. we beat them what 5 out of the last 7 or 8.
    phins are better at qb
    phins better back feild
    phins better line
    phins better te's
    jets better wrs
    phins better front 7
    jets better cbs
    push at safties
    phins better k and p
    Better QB? Because Tannehill will be the next Manning? Or because the 34 year old, released by the Jags of all teams, coming off a major back surgery with a year down the drain, Garrard will play at pro bowl level?
    Better in the backfield? Agreed
    Better line? Push - More simplified man blocking for Jets should result in less confusion. Better LT and thats about it.
    Better TE? In your dreams. Keller >>>> Fasano
    Better front 7? Not sure how...
    Push at Safeties? Clemons and Jones = Bell, Landry and Smith? Right.
    Better k and p? Agreed
    Quote Quote