Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 559

Thread: Why the Dolphins Can Beat the New York Jets

  1. -81
    JETSJETSJETS's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2008
    Posts:
    908
    vCash:
    1100
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Once again, the article discusses whether or not the Dolphins can beat the Jets, something that hasn't been hard for them to do in recent years. Nothing you've posted refutes that contention. In fact, you claim that since Rex Ryan got there the Jets have been a better team. Maybe so, but Rex has also lost 4 out of the 6 games he's coached against the Dolphins. So, what's your argument again? Why exactly are the Dolphins going to have trouble beating the Jets this year?
    Lets see...Rookie HC, Rookie QB, coming off yet another losing season at 6-10, without their star WR.

    You were the one who brough up head-to-head stats since 2009. I showed you how different teams are since 2009. Dolphins squeezed in couple of tough wins along with couple of big losses to the Jets in last two years. Not sure how u classify that as "hasn't been hard for them" to beat the Jets.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -82
    NYPhin24's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,175
    vCash:
    1089
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSJETSJETS View Post
    Lets see...Rookie HC, Rookie QB, coming off yet another losing season at 6-10, without their star WR.

    You were the one who brough up head-to-head stats since 2009. I showed you how different teams are since 2009. Dolphins squeezed in couple of tough wins along with couple of big losses to the Jets in last two years. Not sure how u classify that as "hasn't been hard for them" to beat the Jets.
    haha so the dolphins winning 4 out of the last 6 vs. the Jets are "squeezed wins" but the 2 losses vs the Jets were "big" losses, nice spinjob

    like the win in the final week of the season in 08 when the Dolphins won the AFC East title in the Jets building

    or the win this past season again last week of the season eliminating the chokejob Sanchez jets from ANY hope of a playoff spot

    but again those are "squeezed" wins, not "big" wins
    Quote Quote  

  3. -83
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,246
    vCash:
    21085
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by NYPhin24 View Post
    haha so the dolphins winning 4 out of the last 6 vs. the Jets are "squeezed wins" but the 2 losses vs the Jets were "big" losses, nice spinjob

    like the win in the final week of the season in 08 when the Dolphins won the AFC East title in the Jets building

    or the win this past season again last week of the season eliminating the chokejob Sanchez jets from ANY hope of a playoff spot

    but again those are "squeezed" wins, not "big" wins
    Your 4 wins were by an average of 3.8 PPG
    Our 2 wins were by an average of 13 PPG

    You won a few meaningless games against us, you matched up well w/ us but clearly the jets were the vastly superior team and heading into 2012 it appears that will not change.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -84
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Rookie

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2008
    Posts:
    682
    vCash:
    1595
    Loc:
    Melrose, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSJETSJETS View Post
    Lets see...Rookie HC, Rookie QB, coming off yet another losing season at 6-10, without their star WR.

    You were the one who brough up head-to-head stats since 2009. I showed you how different teams are since 2009. Dolphins squeezed in couple of tough wins along with couple of big losses to the Jets in last two years. Not sure how u classify that as "hasn't been hard for them" to beat the Jets.
    Not a couple of tough wins. Four wins, twice as many as the Jets have over the Dolphins in the same period. So, again, the Dolphins have had no trouble beating the Jets under Ryan. And for all of the question marks raised about the Dolphins, people living in green glass houses shouldn't throw stones. In case you didn't notice, the Jets aren't exactly the odds on favorite to win anything this year. And yes, the Dolphins have been a losing team since 2008-- they've also won 2/3rds of their games against the Jets during that time. So keep spinning. I guess we have to deal with a tag-team of Jets apologists now.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -85
    NYPhin24's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,175
    vCash:
    1089
    Thanks / No Thanks

    SAME OLD BS

    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Your 4 wins were by an average of 3.8 PPG
    Our 2 wins were by an average of 13 PPG

    You won a few meaningless games against us, you matched up well w/ us but clearly the jets were the vastly superior team and heading into 2012 it appears that will not change.
    to quote the great Vin Diesel, "it doesnt matter if you win by an inch of a mile, winning is winning" and last time i checked it counts for football as well, and how are they meaningless wins if one of them clinched a playoff spot and and AFC East title? and the other eliminated the Jets from the playoffs

    yes the jets were "vastly superior" lol thats why they lost their last 3 games including being eliminated by the Dolphins chokeing terribly and having a lockerroom in turmoil and players quitting and ripping the QB, and yes of course heading into 2012 it will not change...of course because junc says so and junc knows all
    Quote Quote  

  6. -86
    Nublar7's Avatar
    FinHeaven Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2003
    Posts:
    35,027
    vCash:
    128596
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Your 4 wins were by an average of 3.8 PPG
    Our 2 wins were by an average of 13 PPG

    You won a few meaningless games against us, you matched up well w/ us but clearly the jets were the vastly superior team and heading into 2012 it appears that will not change.
    Vastly superior? I don't care if Miami won by 1 point or 50 points, the fact is head to head they have come out victorious 5 of the last 7 meetings. Miami obviously haven't been as good overall or as consistent winning games as the Jets are, but there is no way the Jets are "vastly superior" as you put it. 2 games seperated the Dolphins and Jets in the standings and both failed to have a winning record last season. If you think there is a huge gap between the two team you are in for a surprise. The teams talent wise are pretty close, but the Jets have the added fear of a lockeroom implosion that the Dolphins currently don't have. If the Jets get off to a rocky start it may be too much to overcome. That is why I think the Jets could get all the way up to an 8-8 or 9-7 season, but wouldn't be shocked if they completely collapse and win only 4 or 5 games.

    Quote Quote  

  7. -87
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    Teddy Westside

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    12,894
    vCash:
    9593
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSJETSJETS View Post
    Lets see...Rookie HC, Rookie QB, coming off yet another losing season at 6-10, without their star WR.
    Yes, rookie head coaches are never succesful and Garrard will most likely be the starter over Moore and the Jets were 8-8 with a cluster**** of a locker room? Your point is?

    ---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------



    ---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Your 4 wins were by an average of 3.8 PPG
    Our 2 wins were by an average of 13 PPG

    You won a few meaningless games against us, you matched up well w/ us but clearly the jets were the vastly superior team and heading into 2012 it appears that will not change.
    They match up well but the Jets are Vastly superior?
    Quote Quote  

  8. -88
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,246
    vCash:
    21085
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by NYPhin24 View Post
    to quote the great Vin Diesel, "it doesnt matter if you win by an inch of a mile, winning is winning" and last time i checked it counts for football as well, and how are they meaningless wins if one of them clinched a playoff spot and and AFC East title? and the other eliminated the Jets from the playoffs

    yes the jets were "vastly superior" lol thats why they lost their last 3 games including being eliminated by the Dolphins chokeing terribly and having a lockerroom in turmoil and players quitting and ripping the QB, and yes of course heading into 2012 it will not change...of course because junc says so and junc knows all
    Absolutely and 8 more reg season wins, 2 more playoff apps and 4 more playoff wins tells us all we need to know.

    The person said 2009-2011, 2008 wasn't meaningless for you guys obiously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Vastly superior? I don't care if Miami won by 1 point or 50 points, the fact is head to head they have come out victorious 5 of the last 7 meetings. Miami obviously haven't been as good overall or as consistent winning games as the Jets are, but there is no way the Jets are "vastly superior" as you put it. 2 games seperated the Dolphins and Jets in the standings and both failed to have a winning record last season. If you think there is a huge gap between the two team you are in for a surprise. The teams talent wise are pretty close, but the Jets have the added fear of a lockeroom implosion that the Dolphins currently don't have. If the Jets get off to a rocky start it may be too much to overcome. That is why I think the Jets could get all the way up to an 8-8 or 9-7 season, but wouldn't be shocked if they completely collapse and win only 4 or 5 games.
    5 of the last 7 and also 5 of the last 8, 5 of the last 9, 5 of the last 10, 5 of the last 11, 5 of the last 12,...

    Miami has done a good job head to head, they match up well and seem to play their best when they play the Jets BUT the Jets have been the vastly superior team in recent years. When you haven't won a playoff game in over a decade and the jets have been to 2 of the last 3 title games that alone is vastly superior.

    Take out Jets-Miami games and check the records vs. the rest of the league 2009-2011:

    NYJ: 26-16 in reg season, 4-2 in postseason
    Mia: 16-26 i reg season, 0-0 in postseason

    VASTLY superior

    You guys can wish all you want about the LR nonsense, that story was completely overblown, it had more to do w/ a frustrated team playing so poorly than anything else. I'd be more worried about a supposed harmonious LR that started out 0-7 and was never in the race than a team 8-5 that collapsed.

    talent wise you guys were closer in recent years then you will be this year. Miami is 4th in talent in the division which is likely where they will be in the standing unless they can pass Buf again.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -89
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,246
    vCash:
    21085
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Yes, rookie head coaches are never succesful and Garrard will most likely be the starter over Moore and the Jets were 8-8 with a cluster**** of a locker room? Your point is?

    ---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------



    ---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

    They match up well but the Jets are Vastly superior?
    I guess the skins and Giants were close last year too, right? the skins swept them so they must be really close to a SB. For whatever reason Miami has plyed us well in recent years, if you follow the histroy of the series it usually swings every few years from one side to the next though I wouldn't call 5-3 against us a domination. The bottom line is the Jets have been the MUCH better team, it's not debateable. ZERO playoff apps vs. 2 in 3 years w/ 4 playoff wins is not close.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -90
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    Teddy Westside

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    12,894
    vCash:
    9593
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I guess the skins and Giants were close last year too, right? the skins swept them so they must be really close to a SB. For whatever reason Miami has plyed us well in recent years, if you follow the histroy of the series it usually swings every few years from one side to the next though I wouldn't call 5-3 against us a domination. The bottom line is the Jets have been the MUCH better team, it's not debateable. ZERO playoff apps vs. 2 in 3 years w/ 4 playoff wins is not close.
    I said are, not were.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Miami Dolphins against the New York Jets
    By DKphin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-22-2012, 10:37 AM
  2. Jets Beat Writer guarantees Jets victory over Dolphins in Week 3
    By SkapePhin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-24-2012, 10:52 PM
  3. Why the Dolphins Can Beat the New York Jets
    By Czonka39 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 339
    Last Post: 07-11-2012, 01:37 PM
  4. Miami Dolphins at New York Jets 24-20
    By LikeUntoGod in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-27-2008, 07:39 PM
  5. Miami Dolphins Vs New York Jets
    By Nublar7 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09-07-2008, 06:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •