Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: best young players in the game thread...

1. -11
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    rob gronkowski already is the best all around te in the game...physically imposes his will on guys...terrific soft hands...great in line...catches everything...special...that kids gonna be a thorn in our sides for a decade...

with the way they let these giant te's now just move guys out of position and any high hit from a safety down the seam is a 15 yard penalty good luck stopping that freight train
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    You mean Jimmy Graham?
    yeah him too? Was that you?
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

3. -13

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    next step in the growth of jimmy graham is hand usage...more hand usage to create separation...learning to use his body to fend off defenders and position himself for the ball...that spread o and drew brees mastery of the offense makes him a almost impossible cover...

i'd still take gronk over him though if given the choice of the two
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    yeah him too? Was that you?
    Wasn't me but I remember reading it here. I think it's funny that one of the beat writers said Parcells called the Saints to congratulate them on taking Jimmy Graham and that he was going to draft him in the 4th...of course that's vintage Parcells, that story only came out last year when Jimmy Graham was blowing up and of course the story about him recommending Rex Ryan to the Jets only came out after Rex was going to his second AFC Championship game. Parcells looking to take credit when it's not deserved.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    next step in the growth of jimmy graham is hand usage...more hand usage to create separation...learning to use his body to fend off defenders and position himself for the ball...that spread o and drew brees mastery of the offense makes him a almost impossible cover...

i'd still take gronk over him though if given the choice of the two
    I think in this WCO we're going to run Jimmy might be the better fit. Just given his speed and his ability to separate. You're right on his hand usage though, he more "boxes out" like the BBall player that he is to shield defenders from the ball when he's in tight coverage...effective though.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    jimmy graham was awfully raw when he came out...awfully raw...thats the kind of high pick that a team like the saints with an established qb and established roster period could afford to take a chance on that high...miami was not in the same boat...that said next time i see a guy that size who runs that fast and is a high level athlete come down the pipe as a prospect i'm gonna upgrade as a prospect based on potential...only thing about potential without production which graham didn't have much of in college is that stuff gets you fired

no doubt graham would fit this o...no doubt...much better o for him than the one we ran under henning especially...i bet though that had graham come here we would have been trying to make him into something he's not...and not getting the same bang for our buck the saints have got cause he doesn't offer enougn in line from the jump
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How about JPP? The guy was looking great at the end of last year. 16.5 sacks in his second year.
    "May the acorns rest in peace..."
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Don't Hate Miami

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    FIU - Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17PS4 ControllerDolphins Homer2013 Dolphins Logo
    Is Jimmy Graham a product of Drew Brees? Like in the sense Dallas Clark was a product of Peyton Manning?
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    If you ain't first, you're last!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    The best young player in the NFL, imo, is that QB who went high in this years draft. And no it's not Andrew Luck. It's Robert Griffin IIi. This guy has the best deep ball I have ever seen. Oh and not to forget he is a track star so he is always a threat to tuck the ball and run with it. Good luck trying to catch him. Best part is, he is a pass first quarterback. He will be a star in this league for the next decade and beyond. He will revolutionize the way we think of quarterbacks in the future. Book it.
    "Fundamentals, technique, execution -- primary. Scheme -- secondary."

"We will incorporate an aggressive, up-tempo, attacking style in all three phases of the game."

"Our team will play with discipline, poise, and maximum effort."

"I want us to be the best tackling team in the NFL, the best team in pursuit, I want to take the ball away from other teams, I want to rattle the opposing quarterback every opportunity we get."

-- Joe Philbin 01/12

Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam First View Post
    Is Jimmy Graham a product of Drew Brees? Like in the sense Dallas Clark was a product of Peyton Manning?
    No. (This is the "Welker" argument.) He would still have the talent, like other B-Ball players such Gonzalez and Gates in the way he uses his body and his soft hands, but his production may drop off on another team. That doesn't mean he didn't have the talent, just that it might have been under-utilized with another team.
    Quote Quote