Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Here's How Much The Obamacare Penalty Tax Will Cost You...

1. -21
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    OMG, i just noticed the last sentence, too many democrats let Obama hang out to dry?

Are you being serious?

What the heck do you call what he did before the ball even got rolling?

Are you trying to make it seem like poor old Obama, wanted to do the right thing, but just couldn't push the good reform through?

Why don't you recant that statement, and maybe i won't throw your whole argument out the window as just another Obama campaign worker busy on the boards trying to turn the publics view on Obamacare around for the election.
    If you think a public option would have got through you are delusional. The health care companies would have killed it before it got off the ground. This is a first step in my opinion. Obama got his foot in the door and down the road health care companies will be tackled.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by irish fin fan View Post
    If you think a public option would have got through you are delusional. The health care companies would have killed it before it got off the ground. This is a first step in my opinion. Obama got his foot in the door and down the road health care companies will be tackled.
    What, is this the Twilight Zone?

Obama took single payer off the table, along with Baucus. Obama appointed a former health insurance lobbyist to be his director of health.

Obama did all the negotiating behind closed doors, and locked in the non competion clause for the pharmaceuticals that OWN him.

He locked in a low percentage of give backs the industry would have to put up with, but gave them millions more paying customers to make up for it.

Again, this was all covered, at length, in this forum before, and in fact, a liberal, brought it to our attention.

It was covered in the Huffington Post, under internal white house memo.

If you are asking me if I think either of the parties would let anything happen for the betterment of the country, but to the detriment of their owners (special interest), i would ask if YOU are delusional.

Thinking Obama is ANY different than any of the others is just as DELUSIONAL, what are we pretending he really wanted single payer or a public option now? That's what all the partisan cheerleaders think, a thought that has been proven false over, and over.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Could i please see a link to a reputable source that shows this reform will or could slash employers insurance costs by 75%?

I am not saying you are lying, i just do not believe ANYBODY, and frankly that sounds way out of line, the numbers do not make any sense, and when the numbers do not make any sense, it is usually BS, so please, a link.

As long as we are on this topic, i would like to ask you another thing, the real estate tax, that if i have heard things correctly, will cost home sellers 3.8% of the selling price. Is this correct, or some republican BS?

If it is right, as far as I see it, that will slow down our housing market, would it not?

You see, what Friedman said , there is NO FREE LUNCH, is one of the most blatantly true things you will ever hear.

The things you are saying do not add up, the extra revenue collected from the new group of people will never be enough to offset a ~75% savings for anyone, the money does not just magically appear, so where does it come from, I am all ears.
    If you can read correctly it will slash my cost by 75%. The cost savings are based on numbers of employees, current cost of health insurance, taxable income, and applicable tax credits in the future. We can definitely one day sit together for a beer and we can go through this stuff with my accountant but I doubt that I put up any kind of financial corporate info online. I would assume that most small business will have savings of some kind thus my statement about 'the philosophy'.

In a way you can follow along though if you combine individual insurance in combination with a company benefit plan under the ACA. It is basically individual insurance plans turned corporate benefits.

Some employees will carry there own insurance under the affordable health care act. Let me give you an example:
    One of my employees is married with two kids. Wife ain't working. He makes about $45000/year. My current cost are: $2000/month (750 per adult insured/$250 per child - based on age) plus $5000/year in deductible (I cover about 85% of deductibles which is about $1500 per insured per year). My total for the year is $29000.

Under the ACA he would pay roughly $3000 per year (http://healthreform.kff.org/SubsidyCalculator.aspx). Everything else is subsidized. As a benefit package I would cover the $3000. My insurance company also offers smaller deductibles under the ACA individual care plan. Instead of $1500 per insured per year it will be $1000 per insured per year. If I keep the 85% level I would pay $3400 per year. My total cost before small business tax credit: $6400. I am paying essentially 22% of my original cost. Savings of 78%. Since I will keep higher paid employees on a group insurance plan and I add all savings up I am saving an average of 75%. Now these numbers can easily be followed through by calling Blue Cross and Blue Shield, using a ACA calculator etc. It requires more work than just using the blogosphere but if you are going into any company and do a little research you will see that most have savings. I am not saying all have 75% savings. It requires some legal tax maneuvering but it is definitely possible. And in my case that means 4 more employees.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    OMG, i just noticed the last sentence, too many democrats let Obama hang out to dry?

Are you being serious?

What the heck do you call what he did before the ball even got rolling?

Are you trying to make it seem like poor old Obama, wanted to do the right thing, but just couldn't push the good reform through?

Why don't you recant that statement, and maybe i won't throw your whole argument out the window as just another Obama campaign worker busy on the boards trying to turn the publics view on Obamacare around for the election.
    I don't recant crap. The public option was there. It was taken out because he couldn't even get the majority of democrats onboardfor that. Has any of you actually followed this piece of legislation? Or is everything based on blog crap and false information a la Limbaugh and gang. The ACA is not even close to what the health care bill was initially. But it is a start.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    I don't recant crap. The public option was there. It was taken out because he couldn't even get the majority of democrats onboardfor that. Has any of you actually followed this piece of legislation? Or is everything based on blog crap and false information a la Limbaugh and gang. The ACA is not even close to what the health care bill was initially. But it is a start.
    Give me a good link that states Obama pushed a public option, but was rebuffed, and even if you can do it, it was just grandstanding anyways, i do not listen to Limbaugh, am THOROUGHLY an independent, Obama is OWNED by pharmaceuticals and the health care industry in general, he had NO INTEREST in a public option, as the health care industry did not want it. He may have said it, but again, just grandstanding, would you like me to give you the list of all the things he said he stood for, but it is very clear he does not?
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Give me a good link that states Obama pushed a public option, but was rebuffed, and even if you can do it, it was just grandstanding anyways, i do not listen to Limbaugh, am THOROUGHLY an independent, Obama is OWNED by pharmaceuticals and the health care industry in general, he had NO INTEREST in a public option, as the health care industry did not want it. He may have said it, but again, just grandstanding, would you like me to give you the list of all the things he said he stood for, but it is very clear he does not?
    Why even asked for a link if you are discounting any link contradicting your opinion prior to any link being posted? I am saving my breath and time Mr Independent.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    cowboy surfer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    even the god particle thinks we f&$@ed this one up.

nobody has a clue how this is going to play out.
    the IRS has a bigger role in your life now. that should work out well.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    Why even asked for a link if you are discounting any link contradicting your opinion prior to any link being posted? I am saving my breath and time Mr Independent.
    I just googled it, the huffington post seems to agree with me mr democrat.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Lookin' for Lee Ho Fooks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kings Park, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbone34 View Post
    the IRS has a bigger role in your life now. that should work out well.
    Eh... it might be one additional line on your form. I'd imagine that the insurance companies will report to the government who is insured and those folks won't have to pay the penalty (so it may not even be the one line since it would be redundant). The bigger question, and I don't know the answer to this although I'd be surprised if it wasn't anticipated, is what happens if you're insured for only part of the year?
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [youtube]ZsKS4s1nblg[/youtube]

It's funny watching Dems singing GOP talking points. Authoritarian nonsense. The whole premise of the bill is wrong. Which makes the solution DOA. It's disgusting. Making scapegoats of people who can't afford expensive insurance.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote