Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heading to MetLife for MIA @ NYJ

1. -1
    Pulling Guard

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Heading to MetLife for MIA @ NYJ

Heading to NYC Oct. 27-29 for the game at MetLife with a group of 4 Dolphins fans. Been to numerous games in Buffalo, however, never been to MetLife (Giants Stadium). A few questions for the guys that have been there.

1) Seats - Expensive, I know. What's the best value here? I don't mind spending $200 on StubHub for lower bowl near our bench. Is the UpperDeck a lot more rowdy/abusive? Is it worth the extra $50-$100 to sit lower bowl behind our bench? Looks like StubHub can fetch 20 yard line on visitors side fro approx. $175-$250.

2) Where to Stay? - Never been to NYC at all so I want to stay downtown. Is there a preferable area to stay in that's close to the touristy crap but also relatively easy access to MetLife in NJ?

3) Intensity - The intensity/jawing/abuse has dwindled in the past few years in Buffalo. Not sure if it's because we're more experienced at attending road games, or if it's because both teams have been relatively crappy. How intense is it at a Jets game in a Dolphins jersey?

4) Tailgate - Any best practices for getting there? I'd hate to not have a car to park and tailgate at; but I'd hate to have one of us lay off the beers. Would we be crazy to get a limo to park, chill for the game, and drive our asses back to the hotel after the game?

Thanks in advance. I appreciate it.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomPilar View Post
    Heading to NYC Oct. 27-29 for the game at MetLife with a group of 4 Dolphins fans. Been to numerous games in Buffalo, however, never been to MetLife (Giants Stadium). A few questions for the guys that have been there.

1) Seats - Expensive, I know. What's the best value here? I don't mind spending $200 on StubHub for lower bowl near our bench. Is the UpperDeck a lot more rowdy/abusive? Is it worth the extra $50-$100 to sit lower bowl behind our bench? Looks like StubHub can fetch 20 yard line on visitors side fro approx. $175-$250.

2) Where to Stay? - Never been to NYC at all so I want to stay downtown. Is there a preferable area to stay in that's close to the touristy crap but also relatively easy access to MetLife in NJ?

3) Intensity - The intensity/jawing/abuse has dwindled in the past few years in Buffalo. Not sure if it's because we're more experienced at attending road games, or if it's because both teams have been relatively crappy. How intense is it at a Jets game in a Dolphins jersey?

4) Tailgate - Any best practices for getting there? I'd hate to not have a car to park and tailgate at; but I'd hate to have one of us lay off the beers. Would we be crazy to get a limo to park, chill for the game, and drive our asses back to the hotel after the game?

I cant tell you about the stadium or tailgating, but if you want touristy, downtown isnt the place to go. Youre going to want to stay in times square which is in midtown. Thats the most touristy place in Manhattan.
    In terms of getting to the stadium, you can either drive (there will be aTONS of traffic) or take the bus. If you take the bus there are buses that go from Port Authority (also in midtown and not far from times square) Bus Terminal directly to the stadium. Either way (drive or bus) the stadium is a straight shot from the Lincoln Tunnel which takes you to RT 3W (the stadium is on RT 3W). It is pretty easy to get to.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I went to the famous "tripping" game in NY a couple years back (Dec 12,2010).

1. I sat in Plaza Section 135 Row 15 and it was great, but yes it was expensive. Stay in rows 10 or above in the bottom section.

2. Just stay close to Times Square, but with the subway system in NYC its very easy to get around so its not a big issue. The Upper East Side is the "nice" area, but there is NO need to stay there. Stay close to Times Square its that easy. It's right in the middle of Manhattan.

3. JETS fans are mixed just like everyone else, except they are JETS fans so they are a bit more annoying. A few of them were being total douche bags, but I was wearing a Phins jersey. So I started jawing back and forth and it escalated a bit. Could have been worse if I kept going. Id say just don't wear a jersey b/c you have a good chance of getting into some heat especially if you are with a bunch of guys.

4. We took a bus to the game. It takes you there and brings you back. Very easy and cheap too. Just ask your hotel concierge.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    ***** in the House!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Philadelphia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Been there. It's a very nice stadium. You absolutely have to tailgate. That's the best part about it. Sooooooo much $#!ttalking before the game, but it's all in good fun. Your gonna have a blast.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    wait as close as possible until the game to get tickets. w/ the new Stadium and PSLs tickers are always available and you can save a ton the closer you get(by the way $175-200 are not expensive tickets).

Go to the game to have fun not to start trouble. Go in early, talk to the folks sitting near you so maybe they can realize you are human and it is just a game.

Don't sit uptairs unless it is the first few years as the UD is a mile away from the field. be careful when leaving, people are herded like cattle(assuming game is close) to leave that place. It doesn't flow like the old Stadium so you could find yourself in a dangerous situation. Either leave a little early or saty a little late to allow the crowd to leave.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Very exciting games, crowds for both teams are riled up no matter what the records. Ive been going to every Jet/Dolphins game at the Meadowlands since I was 14 (21 now). Wear your jersey, you will get some s$!# but it is worth it, the trash talk is half the fun. As for seats ive sat everywhere: Lower sections near field level is more waspy, with less rowdy, but typically less of a true experience with many fans tending to sit primarily. Up top is rowdy as all hell as most fans went cheap on tickets to stock up on booze, much more fun, but can get annoying/dangerous with confrontations. With that i still say go on the visitors side lower level, at the end of the day nothing gets better then seeing your team up close and personal.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the only thing i ask you to do is run up to fireman ed when he's hanging over the rails or on someones shoulders trying to stir up the crowd pregame or even in game and knock him into next week...

i would pay to see that clown dropped...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pay the man!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennyslvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I thought that homosexual fireman couldn't afford the new tickets? Either way, do as hoops says and punch that penis looking retard in his face.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomPilar View Post

I go to the Jets/Dolphins game every year. I usually try to stay in the 2nd level 50 yard line seats. It's a nice venue, I must say.

As Junc mentioned, you're better off waiting until a little closer to the game. I got seats in section 237 for $225/ticket last year. I believe the cover price was something like $500+, so it was a pretty good deal.

As far as the Jets fans, you don't bother them, they won't bother you. I got into a little bantering with some people in my section last year, but it was all in good fun. But keep in mind, the section I sit in is a bit pricier, so you rarely get the "I just want to get drunk and rowdy in my $30 seat" fans in the more expensive areas from what I've noticed. When I was leaving last year, I saw some Jets fans arguing with a guy in a Jake Long jersey, but I wasn't sure how much he may have instigated the conflict. At the old Meadowlands stadium, I went to a Giants and Bears game and this Bears fan almost got beat down by a Giants fan, but he would've deserved it. The Bears were winning and he was doing his best to antagonize the local fans, until one guy let him have it (i.e. promising the physical harm he would deliver, with a side of a homosexual slur), and the Bears fan promptly toned down. In all honesty, these are the type of people I notice to get into problems with the local fans.

Definitely stay in time square if you could. The bus to the stadium is in Port Authority on 42nd st and 8th ave. Depending on where in the square your hotel is, you could literally walk to and from the bus terminal. I live in Brooklyn, so I usually drive to the city and park, then take the bus; it's cheaper, and more efficient.

Hope this helps...
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Every year www.dolfansnyc.com organizes a group purchase of tickets for all the Fin fans in NY to go to the game together. They have a tailgating party and then all sit in the same section. It's pretty funny to see the reaction of all the Jets fans when a small army of Dolphins fans coming marching in. You may want to contact them and get in on their group buy.
    Quote Quote