Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: When will Tebow become a full-time starter?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Week 3-5

10 27.03%
  • Week 6-8

9 24.32%
  • Week 9-12

4 10.81%
  • Week 12-17

2 5.41%
  • Not happening!

12 32.43%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: When Will Tebow Become a Full Time Starter?

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSJETSJETS View Post
    Thats a fair assessment and I pretty much agree. Sanchez will have a bad game of course, but I don't think he'll get replaced unless Sanchez strings together a streak of bad games coupled with losses. I don't think you'll see Sanchez playing such games. Even last year, Sanchez had just two games with multiple ints in the first 13 games. Last 3 games were pretty bad for him but I expect him to be more reliable this year with some speed Jets picked up in WRs. That alone forces some pressure back to the safeties, which should open up some running game and short passing game.
    It will be interesting to see how it plays out. The season can't start soon enough.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    what can BROWN do for you?!?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    KC, MO.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cap's shieldXbox Logo
Gift received at 04-02-2014, 04:14 PM from DisturbedShiftyTannehill 172013 Dolphins LogoDolphins Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I clicked the "bew posts" button, this was a new thread, I read it and commented on it. That's generally how these boards work.

I don't know why I bother w/ you, it's clear you don't watch a lot of football.

Tebow was not brought in just to run the WC, he will also play Sts and will play in the base O w/ Sanchez at QB.

Putting all the other nonsense aside, if the jets expected him to start and acquired him to start why would they use him on STs? why would they ask him to gain 10 lbs to bulk up to 250? When has a starting QB ever been asked to bulk up to 250 lbs?
    This is the bed time story Fat Boy Rex reads to the tortilla-wrapped fairy every night so he doesn't wet the bed in fear of the bogey man holding the clipboard on the sidelines.

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sm0kinfins View Post
    This is the bed time story Fat Boy Rex reads to the tortilla-wrapped fairy every night so he doesn't wet the bed in fear of the bogey man holding the clipboard on the sidelines.
    You're right, we acquired hiom to take over for Sanchez but we are so stupid that we are using him as the up man on punts and are having him bulk up to 250 lbs. That's what anyone would do for a QB they expected to start
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    what can BROWN do for you?!?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    KC, MO.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cap's shieldXbox Logo
Gift received at 04-02-2014, 04:14 PM from DisturbedShiftyTannehill 172013 Dolphins LogoDolphins Homer
    You're right, we acquired hiom to take over for Sanchez but we are so stupid that we are using him as the up man on punts and are having him bulk up to 250 lbs. That's what anyone would do for a QB they expected to start
    ... Naaaaw, too easy.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    LOL @ Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow can take the job from Mark Sanchez.

Tim Tebow is one of the worst starting QBs in the history of ever. He's right up there with Ray Lucas.

Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Super Moderator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aberdeen
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Arsenal shield
    The only way he ever starts for us is if Sanchez gets hurt.
    God you better hope not, but it would be fun to see...............
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    vvv The Scariest Buffalo Bill

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    IF it happens, and not due to injury, I'd say weeks 9-12. If the Jets started out 2-6, maybe even 3-5 depending on Sanchez's play in those games. That would mean that Sanchez has blown his chance and Ryan doesn't want to give up on the season.

The Giants absolutely win it all w/ Sanchez and they probably have more playoff wins and playoff apps if Sanchez is their QB, we probably don't even make a title game w/ Eli the last 2 years........
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBillsFan View Post
    IF it happens, and not due to injury, I'd say weeks 9-12. If the Jets started out 2-6, maybe even 3-5 depending on Sanchez's play in those games. That would mean that Sanchez has blown his chance and Ryan doesn't want to give up on the season.
    2-6 isn't happening so I'm not concerned but I agree if we were 2-6 or 2-7 then maybe they make a move.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jamestown, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBillsFan View Post
    If Sanchez doesn't play lights out from the get-go, he'll be watching Tebow from the bench in short order. The Jets open the season with 5 tough games: Pitt, Houston, and San Francisco plus division rivals Bills and Fins. The Tebots in the stands will be chanting their hero's name every time Sanchez throws an INC or gets sacked and will go absolutely ballistic if he throws an INT or three.

2-6 isn't happening so I'm not concerned but I agree if we were 2-6 or 2-7 then maybe they make a move.
    1-4 got Orton benched for Timmy, and Jests fans have much higher expectations for their team than Donkeys fans had, so even 2-3 could get Sanchez pulled if he's NOT blameless in the losses, and the Jests could, indeed, start the season 2-6. Their weakness has always been their offense, and I'm NOT convinced that Sparano is going to build a great offense with what he's got on the Jests offense.
    If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinzua View Post
    If Sanchez doesn't play lights out from the get-go, he'll be watching Tebow from the bench in short order. The Jets open the season with 5 tough games: Pitt, Houston, and San Francisco plus division rivals Bills and Fins. The Tebots in the stands will be chanting their hero's name every time Sanchez throws an INC or gets sacked and will go absolutely ballistic if he throws an INT or three.

1-4 got Orton benched for Timmy, and Jests fans have much higher expectations for their team than Donkeys fans had, so even 2-3 could get Sanchez pulled if he's NOT blameless in the losses, and the Jests could, indeed, start the season 2-6. Their weakness has always been their offense, and I'm NOT convinced that Sparano is going to build a great offense with what he's got on the Jests offense.
    Guys like you crack me up. Do you think everyone on the Jets staff was in a coma during the Bronco game last year? Do you think nobody noticed that Tebow couldn't complete a pass for the first 55 minutes? You think they watched that performance and thought --"Wow ... that's the guy we want running our offense!"?? The idea that he'll replace Sanchez is idiotic. EVERYONE knows he can't throw. You don't bring him in to replace a guy you drafted to be your franchise QB and just gave a multi million dollar extension. If that was the case, they would have brought in somebody who can throw the football.

Denver had no choice but to play Tebow ... they made him a first round draft choice. what were they going to do ... play him on special teams? He should have been a third or fourth round pick. The Jets will use him the way he should have been used all along . Is it possible he comes in to relieve Sanchez if he's having a horrible game? .... sure. But you can bet your life Sanchez will be starting the following week. The only way Tebow starts a game at QB is if Sanchez loses both his arms in a farming accident.
    Last edited by truthbtold; 07-29-2012 at 01:54 AM.
    Quote Quote