Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: When will Tebow become a full-time starter?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Week 3-5

10 27.03%
  • Week 6-8

9 24.32%
  • Week 9-12

4 10.81%
  • Week 12-17

2 5.41%
  • Not happening!

12 32.43%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: When Will Tebow Become a Full Time Starter?

1. -101
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grogan12 View Post
    Wow, and my father always said never argue with a fool, but here I am.
    Quote Quote  

2. -102
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    whether you win 10 games to start the season or 10 in your alst 10 games if you win enough to make it you have earned it. I don't buy the backing in stuff.

"among" the best, the Jets have been among the best under Rex.

I am a tough grader on greatness, I wouldn't even consider last years champs as a great team.

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

I am the fraud yet you are the one representing someone who you are not.
    You seem to be the only person I have heard that doesn't use the term backing in.
    Quote Quote  

3. -103
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    When I think elite I think ONE OF the best and clearly we have been one of the best but never THE best.

You either win the games you need to win to get in or you don't.
    That's right: in 09 before the egregious charity donated by two playoff bound teams who considered the Jest games "meaningless", you needed to beat Atlanta, a team already eliminated from the playoffs at home in game 14 to stay in postseason contention... and of course didn't. EVen Blubber was crying about being eliminated from the playoffs in the post game presser. That's all anyone needs to know!

Quote Quote  

4. -104
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    You seem to be the only person I have heard that doesn't use the term backing in.
    I may be but I don't believe in it. When people talk about backing in I think it is to try to taek away from the accomplishment of the team that got in(I felt this way long before 2009). To me you either win the games you need to win to get in or you don't.
    Quote Quote  

5. -105
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 11
Gift received at 09-22-2014, 08:04 PM from WVDolphan
Message: You will need this when Moore comes in and starts connecting with Wallace on deep throws.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Thank you for clearing that up. As for backing in yes it exists i.e a team that loses its final game but gets in anyways because another team lost their final game. Another is a team needing a win to get in plays against an already qualified team with nothing to play for, that doesn't play their best players.

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

Elite is being amongst the best, like a class of people or being the best. Great and elite are synonymous
    This is the problem with arguing with nyjunc, when backed into a corner, he just changes the meanings words..... It is impossible to lose a debate if you get to redefine words as you go along. It is even pointless to point out that a synonym of 'elite' is 'greatest'. Doesn't matter, because that's not what 'he means' by elite......

Any rational person would agree that calling something elite is either better than great or at least equal to great, but not nyjunc. He has his own definitions.
    Angry Deniers. A bunch of agenda-driven whiny clowns whose sole mission is to deny anything good that Tannehill has done and deny anything bad that the "gods of quarterbacks" have done.
    Quote Quote  

6. -106
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinfanInBuffalo View Post
    This is the problem with arguing with nyjunc, when backed into a corner, he just changes the meanings words..... It is impossible to lose a debate if you get to redefine words as you go along. It is even pointless to point out that a synonym of 'elite' is 'greatest'. Doesn't matter, because that's not what 'he means' by elite......

Any rational person would agree that calling something elite is either better than great or at least equal to great, but not nyjunc. He has his own definitions.
    So true, he’s like Bagdad Bob, the Jets aren’t losing by 20 points, they are luring their opponent into a false sense of security.
    Quote Quote  

7. -107
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I may be but I don't believe in it. When people talk about backing in I think it is to try to taek away from the accomplishment of the team that got in(I felt this way long before 2009). To me you either win the games you need to win to get in or you don't.
    Bet if the Dolphins got in under those circumstances you would feel differentlyabout the term backing in.
    Quote Quote  

8. -108
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinfanInBuffalo View Post

Junc, this is very true. I dont think I have ever witnessed you stop until the other party gives up. Probably why you have the title "Most Argumentitive" on TGG.
    Quote Quote  

9. -109
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    If a team is 9-4 and needs one win to make the playoffs but finishes 9-7......yet still gets in b/c another team they were up against for a playoff spot was 8-5 but finished 8-8......that isn't backing in?

Quote Quote  

10. -110
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Even the athletes and coaches say they hate backing in but are glad they are there. In Juncs world, everything is a moving target hence the current belief of no backing in.
    Quote Quote