Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Health Reform Quiz

1. -21
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    So what was your score? 5/10?

It is not the political system which is screwed up but the people, the voters.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    9 out of ten. I think it was 5 I got wrong.

No matter where you are in this debate it's a sh!t bill. From a long line of many another sh!tty bills over the years. Especially over the last decade and more. Washington doesn't have the answers. All they produce is sh!t. And they're swooping down. Dragging us all to the sh!t nest.

[youtube]c3AHXBqFUkE[/youtube]
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    10 out of 10.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks

Agreed that we need more informed voters. I would be all for a basic civics test, even though that will never happen.

I don't know why you think our political system is fine. We have two parties who will say anything to not agree with the other side. People like Debbie wasserman and Eric cantor who are evil people looking to divide everyone. They are all the same but act as if they are different. We need to clean house.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

This. Politicians only get away with what we allow them to get away with. Voters are hideously underinformed. We have more tools then ever to get the answers but people simply dont care to use them. There are multiple smart phones in virtually every household that can access the internet yet people have no earthly idea on most of what goes on in this country.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    There certainly is a bunch of misinformation out there, the best part is, each side thinks it does not pertain to them.

I would love to tell you all the fish stories circulated by the left wing media, but i pay no attention to them, i personally am just waiting for the democrats to actually be the party of peace, and to come up with programs that ACTUALLY HELP the less fortunate, not be designed to keep them on to perpetuate the need.

I mean are we actually going to try and pretend this is great legislation, and was not created by the industry it was meant to reform?

We have a problem in this country, and it is with our entire political system, this cheerleading for either side does nothing but kick the can down the road so it can be our children's problem also.

This BS blaming either conservatives or liberals is frigin childish, and imo, exactly what our useless legislators want. They can do anything they want (and do) and all we do is blame each other.

Yep it's them fox watching losers that are to blame for this ****ty piece of legislation, not the corrupt bastards that wrote it...makes perfect sense, we deserve to be screwed.

The possible tax breaks for businesses that keep buying health insurance for their employees answers a question for me. I did not see how the health insurance industry would write legislation that would make employers stop buying their product, it did not make sense. My biggest concern with health care insurance was, and is the cost.

There were several areas where they could have addressed this, and as far as i can tell, none of them were.

I am, however, interested as to how this will turn out, i guess it is something, maybe 3-4 years down the road i will be happy we have it, have to wait and see, i certainly will not get down on my knees and thank any politician for addressing an issue that should have been addressed years ago, anyone know how good or bad Hillary's plan was?

In the end there's no principle. Everyone knows it's a crap bill. It reminds me of "conservatives" defending things like bailouts, deficits, more government expansions and interventions. As long as it's their guy doing it, it's OK. The GOP and Romney were the one's that created this monster. All Obama and the dems did was took their playbook and ran with it.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Maybe i didn't explain myself correctly, many say it is the people, or that they are not informed.

I think that is a problem, but it is unrelated, the problem is the partisanship.

There are many people here on this forum that have a good idea of what is going on, but are still partisan as hell, our politicians count on that, and partisan voting leads to elected officials without any reason to perform.

Do not leave the politicians themselves out of this though, they know what is going on, and the possible consequences of their actions, or inaction, and they do it anyways.

No president, for at least the past several decades has done a good enough job in their first term to deserve a second term, yet many in this thread will vote for Obama for the soul purpose of hating the thought of the other party being in power, and gosh they are so different!
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The prevalence of bad politicians and bad policy will continue as long as the country is as powerful and rich as it is. When peoples' lives are as great as they are, and nothing changes from one party to the next, why pay attention and vote?
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    9 out of ten. I think it was 5 I got wrong.

No matter where you are in this debate it's a sh!t bill. From a long line of many another sh!tty bills over the years. Especially over the last decade and more. Washington doesn't have the answers. All they produce is sh!t. And they're swooping down. Dragging us all to the sh!t nest.

[youtube]c3AHXBqFUkE[/youtube]
    This whole country's been in **** straits since 2001.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    Agreed that we need more informed voters. I would be all for a basic civics test, even though that will never happen.

I don't know why you think our political system is fine. We have two parties who will say anything to not agree with the other side. People like Debbie wasserman and Eric cantor who are evil people looking to divide everyone. They are all the same but act as if they are different. We need to clean house.
    I didn't say our political system is fine. Our political system is the way it is because we have become complacent as a Nation. We have allowed too much and we did not speak with our votes. Politicians can do whatever they want to because we let them and we don't punish them for crappy politics.
    Every crook is a crook until he gets caught and gets punished.

And we let politicians divide us into extremes. Its either left or right and no gray area and no compromise for the better of the country.
    Quote Quote