Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 offseason cap situation

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

2013 offseason cap situation

So I have heard we have 60 million to spend next year... After resigning Jake long who obviously will be a ton of money and are other free agents how much do you guys think we should have?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Plantation,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    would jake long even want to resign
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Unless Jake is willing to take a pay cut he can walk. Locking up a ton of money in a LT is something losing franchises do. Jakes play is not worth what he makes
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://www.nyjetscap.com/Dolphins/dolphins2013.php

Dolphins at about $90 mil for 2013 as it stands. Their 2013 FAs include Jake Long, Reggie Bush, Randy Starks, Hartline, Fassano, Fields, Sean Smith, and a few others you guys would be more aware of.

Anyone who thinks they can ignore the LT position, needs to rethink. Bush might be gone, but it all depends on how DT plays this year. Still, I doubt Dolphins bring back Bush. Starks should be resigned. Hartline was rumored to be in contract extension talks. Fassano and Fields should be resigned. Sean Smith is a tricky situation. He's not great, but with Davis gone, Dolphins may lean on signing him back to the team or a decent deal.

Long will require about $12 a year. Starks might get about $5mil if not more. Hartline should be pretty cheap, $2.5mil. Fassano should be good value too, probably around $3 mil. Fields might demand a big contract for a punter and my guess would be $3.5mil (lechler got 4 years 16mil). Sean Smith should be a value pickup as well. All this will add up to about $25-30 mil. Dolphins need another $8mil to sign their rookies AND in-season reserve.

I don't think Dolphins will have much cap space in 2013, just enough to sign their major FAs, or replace them with equivalent value.

The situation with the Jets will be VERY similar.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSJETSJETS View Post

Dolphins at about $90 mil for 2013 as it stands. Their 2013 FAs include Jake Long, Reggie Bush, Randy Starks, Hartline, Fassano, Fields, Sean Smith, and a few others you guys would be more aware of.

Anyone who thinks they can ignore the LT position, needs to rethink. Bush might be gone, but it all depends on how DT plays this year. Still, I doubt Dolphins bring back Bush. Starks should be resigned. Hartline was rumored to be in contract extension talks. Fassano and Fields should be resigned. Sean Smith is a tricky situation. He's not great, but with Davis gone, Dolphins may lean on signing him back to the team or a decent deal.

Long will require about $12 a year. Starks might get about $5mil if not more. Hartline should be pretty cheap, $2.5mil. Fassano should be good value too, probably around $3 mil. Fields might demand a big contract for a punter and my guess would be $3.5mil (lechler got 4 years 16mil). Sean Smith should be a value pickup as well. All this will add up to about $25-30 mil. Dolphins need another $8mil to sign their rookies AND in-season reserve.

I don't think Dolphins will have much cap space in 2013, just enough to sign their major FAs, or replace them with equivalent value.

Well said...especially for a jets fan
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    http://www.nyjetscap.com/Dolphins/dolphins2013.php

Why is Jake Long on the 2013 list you linked to?

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Looking for new blood.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wow Richard Marshall is like one of the most expesnsive dolphins and Patterson is not far behind ugh.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSJETSJETS

Only in Jets fan dream land are they similar.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Not quite...Jets are reported to be $20 million over the cap come 2013.
    Quote Quote