Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dems want 10 dollar/hour minimum wage.....

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Dems want 10 dollar/hour minimum wage.....

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...r-minimum-wage

Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-Ill.) and 17 House Democrats, including several Congressional Black Caucus members, proposed legislation Wednesday that would increase the minimum wage to $10 an hour.
    Even though this sounds like something that would be great, like everything the Democrats promote, it would have its drawbacks. The last time minimum wage was increased, in 2007, we had the Great Recession and lots of bankruptcies. We must hope this doesn't mularkey does not repeat itself.

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is a brilliant idea.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

The Contortionist: Language I: Intuition
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0Bc...cFcJcoyqt1u2zg
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    This is a brilliant idea.
    I think so too.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Of course they do, and a Lamborghini for everyone too. I really believe that politicians think every company is as rich as Exxon. Do they know that the average business is a small business. This just means they will hire less and make people that have jobs do more work. Most small businesses are hurting and this only makes it worse. They are either too stupid to see this or don't care.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixon's Ghost View Post
    The last time minimum wage was increased, in 2007, we had the Great Recession and lots of bankruptcies.
    The minimum wage had nothing to do with the collapsing housing market.

People always like to play boogeyman with the minimum wage. There was an increase in Florida a few years back, before the national increase, and everyone pretended the cost of everything was going to go so high that it would be a wash. It never happened, though, just helped poor people.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    Of course they do, and a Lamborghini for everyone too. I really believe that politicians think every company is as rich as Exxon. Do they know that the average business is a small business. This just means they will hire less and make people that have jobs do more work. Most small businesses are hurting and this only makes it worse. They are either too stupid to see this or don't care.
    Where do you live? I live in Miami and most of the businesses down here aren't small businesses. In fact, unless you know where to look you'd have a hard time finding a restaurant that isn't a chain. Besides, a 2.50 an hour increase isn't breaking anyone's bank. For the average 40 hour worker it's a 100$ a week raise, (btw, God Bless anyone who works 40 hours a week on minimum wage). & Maybe now that all the minimum wage workers (most of the youth) have a couple extra dollars to spend, maybe some of them come spend it at your establishment; ya know, "trickle down economics", or whatever you guys call it.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks

SpAm

Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    Where do you live? I live in Miami and most of the businesses down here aren't small businesses. In fact, unless you know where to look you'd have a hard time finding a restaurant that isn't a chain. Besides, a 2.50 an hour increase isn't breaking anyone's bank. For the average 40 hour worker it's a 100$ a week raise, (btw, God Bless anyone who works 40 hours a week on minimum wage). & Maybe now that all the minimum wage workers (most of the youth) have a couple extra dollars to spend, maybe some of them come spend it at your establishment; ya know, "trickle down economics", or whatever you guys call it.

http://web.sba.gov/faqs/faqIndexAll.cfm?areaid=24

Miami may be the only city in America that doesn't have small businesses. The link above post facts. I work for a company that sells HR products to small businesses. Believe me there are a ton of small businesses. My territory is about 10 square miles. There are over 7,000 small businesses in those areas. You just don't notice, Many of those business owners are poor and minority. They barely have the money to pay their tax liability, so this just gives them more reason to pay under the table.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Okay, Obama extends Bush Tax cuts, Romney's paying 15% in federal taxes, we have some of the lowest corporate tax rates on the planet, when do we give back to the poor? Isn't that part of the whole Reaganomics deal? They scratch your back, and you scratch their's? You may or may not have a point about small business owners, I don't know enough about that to prove or disprove that, but I do know there's a heck of a lot less small business owners than there are people working minimum wage jobs; So maybe this does hurt some people, but it helps a whole heck of a lot more. I'd encourage everyone to pick up a World History book though, see what happens when the people at the top have too much and the people at the bottom too little.
    Last edited by rob19; 07-06-2012 at 08:59 AM.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixon's Ghost View Post
    http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...r-minimum-wage

Even though this sounds like something that would be great, like everything the Democrats promote, it would have its drawbacks. The last time minimum wage was increased, in 2007, we had the Great Recession and lots of bankruptcies. We must hope this doesn't mularkey does not repeat itself.

Dont forget it directly led to confrontation with Iran, the earthquakes in Japan, and the overturn of California Proposition 8. Damn you godless commie liberals! Why are they trying to destroy America with their constant insistence on raising minimum wage!
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    And people would still be scraping by. The cost of living in most places is too high. I could be wrong. I personally am about 40 cents off from making ten bucks an hour and barely have money for food.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.
    Quote Quote