Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 171 of 1610 FirstFirst ... 166167168169170171172173174175176 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 16097

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -1701
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Have a great weekend everybody.

....................../´¯/)

....................,/¯../
    .................../..../
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
    .........\.................'...../
    ..........''...\.......... _.·´
    ............\..............(
    ..............\.............\...
    Quote Quote  

2. -1702
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Can we start wearing our infractions as medals??? I would be a m0ther****ing 5 star general.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

3. -1703
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    There’s too much I don’t know about the 40’s to be able to give an educated answer on the matter, but given some of the alternatives we have today, not even in regards to over-all party choices, but simply different candidate choices as well; shouldn’t it seem like someone who wants to digitally track & monitor the entire populous, not be someone the majority of people want to elect to rule them? Is what the NSA doing even remotely defense-able? Is it to be accepted & tolerated as fact of life?

I understand all candidates are a compromise of sorts, but what’s worth losing some of your basic civil liberties for?
    You make it sound like there's a legitimate a choice between a candidate who's going to preserve civil liberties and one who won't, when everyone knows only one of two candidates is going to win the election. I can understand wanting to vote your conscience, but if what you're really interested in is the result, why not pick the guy who's better on the issue rather than leave that decision up to others?

I think there are plenty of people (not me, of course, but plenty of people), who would argue that we are right now in a state of war, and that states of war create conditions under which the normal rules don't apply. That's why Lincoln is held up as perhaps the greatest of all presidents despite the fact that he suspended habeus corpus. Similarly, any list of great presidents includes Roosevelt, who detained Japanese-Americans, 62% of which were citizens at the time.

I'm surprised internment isn't an issue you're more interested in and know more about, given how important civil liberties are to you. Korematsu vs. United States is a landmark Supreme Court case and was part of established precedent for a long time, and still remains an interesting test case for what will be attempted -- and allowed -- during "wartime."

It’s believed that a large portion of the percentage of civilians killed are in double-tap strikes. It’s where they strike an area, & possibly hours later, will strike again once the people who live in the area begin to clear the rubble & remove the bodies.
    If true, that's terrible. As I said last week, the next book on my reading list is this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Constrai...and+constraint

Should be an interesting read and fill in the details on the legality/illegality of lot of this stuff.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/10/insider-threat/
    http://www.infowars.com/u-s-army-cha...as-terrorists/

It’s relevant when the bar of suspicion for terroism is so low it could apply to anyone. Remember, the NDAA doesn’t state you need proof to detain someone, just to suspect them of it.
    Two things:

1.) Members of the military are not afforded the same civil liberties as you and me, which they know and is an accepted part of their job. To infer that because that's the way the military monitors it's own personnel that that is the way the military monitors or is going to monitor civilians is ridiculous. Where's the proof?

2.) Alex Jones is a complete ****ing buffoon. Literally one of the most odious bull**** shovelers in this country, and that's saying something. He's garbage. Infowars is garbage. He's a Glenn Beck for the paranoid left, where if he isn't making **** up completely out of thin air is distorting the meaning of things to create the product he's selling: fear. No one as self evidently as smart as you should be paying attention to him or anyone like him.

Just for ****s and giggles I went through the 97 pages on "terrorism indicators" and 17 pages on "legal implications" from this SLATT training thing that's being referenced and not only is most of the stuff on your list not anywhere on there, it is not on the whole some kind of horrible manual for depriving people of their civil liberties. It looks and reads like a pretty standard police manual, with very little you couldn't pick up from watching a lot of Law and Order.
    Quote Quote  

4. -1704
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post

‘The most important point on this issue is the same as underscored in the prior two points: the “compromise” reached by Congress includes language preserving the status quo. That’s because the Obama administration already argues that the original 2001 AUMF authorizes them to act against U.S. citizens (obviously, if they believe they have the power to target U.S. citizens for assassination, then they believe they have the power to detain U.S. citizens as enemy combatants). The proof that this bill does not expressly exempt U.S. citizens or those captured on U.S. soil is that amendments offered by Sen. Feinstein providing expressly for those exemptions were rejected. The “compromise” was to preserve the status quo by including the provision that the bill is not intended to alter it with regard to American citizens, but that’s because proponents of broad detention powers are confident that the status quo already permits such detention.’

http://www.salon.com/2011/12/16/thre...etention_bill/
    From what I understand, Feinstein offered two separate amendments, one strictly dealing with US citizens and one strictly dealing with detention rules in the US, not both together. That is an important distinction because the failure of those amendments does not imply an intent to indefinitely hold US citizens arrested on US soil.

Also on a side note, if it did imply it, that wouldn't necessarily be proof.
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

5. -1705

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    No it's quite the same conversation I saw in 2004. I really don't see a difference in policies and sh!tty excuses for attacks on liberties.
    I don't consider simply recognizing that the situation isn't black and white as an excuse.
    Last edited by JamesBW43; 11-10-2012 at 12:51 AM.
    Quote Quote  

6. -1706
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Seriously. Where the hell is PhinFreak, Statler, and Trojan? Also, I'd love for Snake to drop by too. I'd love to hear his condescending opinion on what just happened...
    To be fair, Trojan did post some chinese proverb bull**** and talked about how we all must be happy about the last 4 years in the "eat crow" thread. Personally, its obvious what won this past election: Captain Planet.

And for the conversation going on: tl;dr. Even not knowing the conversation, i hope you all eat **** and die.
    Quote Quote  

7. -1707
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    By the mother****ing way: is Zounds now a mod? I shoot this question at any of the mods in this thread.

That cocksucker was on my ignore list for a very legitimate reason and now im seeing his posts. I have tried to re-put him on ignore and it keeps saying hes an admin or mod. I havent seen his name turn orange. Whats up?
    Quote Quote  

8. -1708
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    To be fair, Trojan did post some chinese proverb bull**** and talked about how we all must be happy about the last 4 years in the "eat crow" thread. Personally, its obvious what won this past election: Captain Planet.

And for the conversation going on: tl;dr. Even not knowing the conversation, i hope you all eat **** and die.
    When I am King, you will be first against the wall.

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    By the mother****ing way: is Zounds now a mod? I shoot this question at any of the mods in this thread.

That cocksucker was on my ignore list for a very legitimate reason and now im seeing his posts. I have tried to re-put him on ignore and it keeps saying hes an admin or mod. I havent seen his name turn orange. Whats up?
    Quote Quote  

9. -1709
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    When I am King, you will be first against the wall.
    King? Dont you mean Czar!?!?!

We absolutely need some Dovahkiin to clear up all the confusion.

Other than that Zounds things, he can suck a dick.
    Quote Quote  

10. -1710

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Seriously. Where the hell is PhinFreak, Statler, and Trojan? Also, I'd love for Snake to drop by too. I'd love to hear his condescending opinion on what just happened...
    They'll probably come back when the President does something outrageous, like tell children that school is important.
    Quote Quote