Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 190 of 1599 FirstFirst ... 185186187188189190191192193194195 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 15984

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -1891
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    So apparently a researcher has discovered a drug that might be the cure for cancer, but since it's an old drug (meaning, it can't be patented), the funding to get it approved might not materialize.

The story here:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=677_1354418535
    I have a hard time believing it will be allowed to sit there and stew. Granted, it doesnt fill me with confidence that apparently Michelakis discovered this 4 years ago.
    Quote Quote  

2. -1892
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    There is only ONE Legion of Doom....

P.S.
    Anyone know why my images dont imbed? This sucks. I've had this problem since i came back. Didn't used to.
    Oakland Raiders fans!!
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

3. -1893
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Anyone see the UFC tonight?
    Quote Quote  

4. -1894
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    Anyone see the UFC tonight?
    If you watched UFC instead of Pac Man/Marquez tonight, you really missed something epic and I feel bad for you.

Quote Quote  

5. -1895
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I can't see the image if you posted one.

BUT, MMA>Boxing. Imo at least.

Quote Quote  

6. -1896
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    I can't see the image if you posted one.

BUT, MMA>Boxing. Imo at least.

I posted a GIF of Pac Man getting knocke out. Not sure why its not showing for you. Its definitely something to see. Pac didnt move for a solid 3 minutes. I really thought for a while they were going to need to bring amber lamps.
    Quote Quote  

7. -1897
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So apparently a researcher has discovered a drug that might be the cure for cancer, but since it's an old drug (meaning, it can't be patented), the funding to get it approved might not materialize.

The story here:

Sounds about right.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

The Devin Townsend Project: Kingdom (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jZjziohaPc
    Quote Quote  

8. -1898
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

The story here:

The video was added just a week ago but there's no indication that it's a current report. The report mentions that this is a "brand new lead" which indicates that it's a news report from 2007 that was recently uploaded to liveleak.com

But none of that is relevant. Yes, by all means, greedy corporations around the globe should be required to pour money into marketing an unproven product.

Seems like a great chance for all big hearted liberals to walk their talk and donate their own money to further research on this product. History tells us they'll likely spend more money trying to legislate funding for DCA research than actually funding it on their own.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/cancercure.asp
    Quote Quote  

9. -1899
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post
    The video was added just a week ago but there's no indication that it's a current report. The report mentions that this is a "brand new lead" which indicates that it's a news report from 2007 that was recently uploaded to liveleak.com

But none of that is relevant. Yes, by all means, greedy corporations around the globe should be required to pour money into marketing an unproven product.

Seems like a great chance for all big hearted liberals to walk their talk and donate their own money to further research on this product. History tells us they'll likely spend more money trying to legislate funding for DCA research than actually funding it on their own.

Quite a bunch of partisan bull **** from you. So Republicans don't care about health and curing and are not willing to donate for cancer research. Is that what you are saying? But if the research is successful Republicans want to reap the benefits?
    Quote Quote  

10. -1900
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post

I didn't check on the claims of the link myself so I just passed it along without comment, so thanks for the link.

Capitalism does many things well but it doesn't do these sorts of things well, which is why I think investment in taxpayer funded research is money extremely well spent. It's nonsensical to blame corporations for only being interested in making a buck, and I don't do that. But that doesn't mean you just throw up your hands as a society and walk away. More could be done to make it easier to approve drugs, as well, or otherwise incentivize the research.

Your comment about big hearted liberals is pure Santorum on a muffin. It's hard to top the raging stupidity found on the main forum after a loss, but congrats on reaching for the gold.
    Quote Quote