Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 217 of 1329 FirstFirst ... 212213214215216217218219220221222 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 13288

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

  1. -2161
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,652
    vCash:
    3269
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    I understand and agree with your emotional response to that, but we also have to be practical. Where would we start and stop? How about any of the genocides that have been going on in Africa? Should we go to war with North Korea over their human abuse? How about China?

    Im willing to judge every situation differently, my current line for Syria is hold off until they unleash weapons of mass destruction.

    Being the world police hasnt worked for a variety of reasons. In my opinion, the only way for these people to achieve some sort of peace is to overthrow their own government, much like Syria is attempting to do.
    I think we help where we can. Obviously it's not feasible to go into North Korea or China. But we could definitely save lives in Syria. I see where you're coming from, though. We can't be everywhere, and how do we decide where to help? Makes me glad I'm not the person who has to make that call...

    If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

    Quote Quote  

  2. -2162
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    7,451
    vCash:
    24350
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would shoot Assad in the head if I got the chance, and I don't mean that flippantly. I'm absolutely ready to murder him.

    At the same time, though, the rebels aren't good guys either. They've stated their intention to commit genocide against Syria's Alawite population. I can't lend my support to a rebel group with that kind of intention, no matter how many innocent civilians are caught in the middle.

    It's shocking how many of the problems in the Middle East can be traced back to Western Europe's arbitrary drawing of lines and divvying up of natural resources. Ethnic groups were mixed that really should not have been mixed. Iraq is the poster boy for this but Syria has been damaged by it also. A shame really, not just for the obvious toll in bloodshed but for the damage done to Damascus, which is one of the world's historical treasures.
    Last edited by TheWalrus; 01-06-2013 at 05:58 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -2163
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,652
    vCash:
    3269
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    I would shoot Assad in the head if I got the chance, and I don't mean that flippantly. I'm absolutely ready to murder him.

    At the same time, though, the rebels aren't good guys either. They've stated their intention to commit genocide against Syria's Alawite population. I can't lend my support to a rebel group with that kind of intention, no matter how many innocent civilians are caught in the middle.

    It's shocking how many of the problems in the Middle East can be traced back to West Europe's arbitrary drawing of lines and divvying up of natural resources. Ethnic groups were mixed that really should not have been mixed. Iraq is the poster boy for this but Syria has been damaged by it also. A shame really, not just for the obvious toll in bloodshed but for the damage done to Damascus, which is one of the world's historical treasures.
    Agreed. I certainly didn't mean for it to sound as if I was pro-rebel. Regardless of who you support, no one should be brutally tortured and murdered that way. Your wish for Assad is going to happen, and unluckily for him, probably not as quick. It will be similar to Libya when they finally got overran the loyalists and got Gaddafi. That ******* died in a way perfectly fit for the way he treated people. Assad will be joining him...
    Quote Quote  

  4. -2164
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    7,451
    vCash:
    24350
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Agreed. I certainly didn't mean for it to sound as if I was pro-rebel. Regardless of who you support, no one should be brutally tortured and murdered that way. Your wish for Assad is going to happen, and unluckily for him, probably not as quick. It will be similar to Libya when they finally got overran the loyalists and got Gaddafi. That ******* died in a way perfectly fit for the way he treated people. Assad will be joining him...
    I'm not so sure as you. The situations in Libya and Syria are/were monumentally different... politically, organizationally, religiously and geographically. Much easier for rebellion to take hold in Libya.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -2165
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,652
    vCash:
    3269
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    I'm not so sure as you. The situations in Libya and Syria are/were monumentally different... politically, organizationally, religiously and geographically. Much easier for rebellion to take hold in Libya.
    Yeah, that's definitely true. I guess if I'm being realistic, that may be more of a wish than anything, but I do think it's going to happen. I can only hope they have it on camera if it happens. Thousands of families will deserve to see the man die with their own eyes...
    Quote Quote  

  6. -2166
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,652
    vCash:
    3269
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I threw down TheWalrus and Spesh as best of PoFo for last year. I think my run as title holder in that category is done after 2 years. I haven't been as involved in the debates this year as you 2, and certainly much less versed in most of the topics. Glad you two showed up to add some much-needed knowledge and level-headedness to the forum. Both extremely deserving...
    Quote Quote  

  7. -2167
    rob19's Avatar
    Soul Rebel

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    7,058
    vCash:
    5605
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Best of pofo is a tough one.

    Spesh & Locke nominations are well deserved. Buddy & Spyder I'd nominate but I think they came in a little late in the year, but by the looks of it so far this might be Walrus' year.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -2168
    tylerdolphin's Avatar
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    12,206
    vCash:
    3390
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I nominated Walrus, Spesh and Dovah, but Im thinking I may have to revise if rob19 is still looking shaky and Walrus and Spesh seem like locks. To me, best POFO poster encompasses the science and religion forums as well and rob has always managed to post interesting stuff there along with the POFO stuff.

    I know Im nominating the people's leader Dovahkiin. Gotta decide which one out of Spesh and Walrus to axe off my ballot




    Quote Quote  

  9. -2169
    tylerdolphin's Avatar
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    12,206
    vCash:
    3390
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Also, I kinda chuckled at rob nominating me. I have my brief moments of clarity, but by and large Im learning from the ideas you guys put forward here and not the other way around
    Quote Quote  

  10. -2170
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    7,451
    vCash:
    24350
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Also, I kinda chuckled at rob nominating me. I have my brief moments of clarity, but by and large Im learning from the ideas you guys put forward here and not the other way around
    There's something to be said for a well crafted post that makes the other guy look like a gibbering dunce. Few do that better than you.

    Honored to be nominated a few times already. I got frustrated with football posting and starting spending more and more time in here. It's been rewarding. Some good posters in here. And also Statler.
    Last edited by TheWalrus; 01-06-2013 at 08:28 PM.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6718
    Last Post: 08-08-2013, 03:17 PM
  2. Replies: 1716
    Last Post: 02-04-2008, 03:37 PM
  3. can we keep this thread alive in the PoFo?
    By Maynard the Hammer in forum Questions and Suggestions Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2006, 11:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •