Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 231 of 1133 FirstFirst ... 226227228229230231232233234235236 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 11324

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -2301
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I took a personality test once....tester said he had good news and bad news.......good news is i tested off the chart...bad news is im an anti social *******.

I told him to **** off

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

2. -2302
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post

I have a hard time seeing you as introverted based on your posts, but I guess that's not always a good indicator. I'm pretty sure I come off as way too serious and lack a sense of humor in my posts, but I know my dry/sarcastic sense of humor just doesn't translate well on forums. The other scores seem pretty accurate to me, though. I'm not a huge fan of it, but I feel like trying to quantify personality is impossible. Most people don't fall into the introvert/extrovert dichotomy that cleanly. Or any dichotomy really. I know the Myers-Briggs tries to compensate for that by adding levels of each score, but it's still too analytical for my taste. People are much more likely to fall along the standard bell curve, with most people being moderately extroverted AND introverted, with the outliers being totally extroverted/introverted. This test makes it sound like the standard bell curve is incorrect and there are many more outliers than there really are.

Admittedly I had to look up the scoring again, it's been a long time since I took a personality class. It's interesting how they try to break down personality into 4 categories, which seems overly simplistic to me. Granted each category is pretty large, but that just lends to the over-generalization of it I think. Personally, I think personality is something that can't be categorized. People are too unique...
    I wasnt really surprised at all about the introvert part, but like you said I feel like I am somewhere between introvert and extrovert. I have no issue socializing, but I loathe small talk and places like night clubs where you dont really know anyone. Like, it blows my mind how people can actually pick up girls in those things lol. For the most part, Id say the despriptions it gave me were accurate. The negatives in particular hit home pretty hard.

ISTP Strengths

• Good listeners
    • Usually self-confident
    • Generally optimistic and fun to be with
    • Practical and realistic, they handle daily concerns
    • Are not threatened by conflict or criticism
    • Able to leave a relationship with relative ease once it is over
    • Able to administer punishment, although they're not interested in doing so
    • Likely to respect other's needs for space and privacy

ISTP Weaknesses

• Living entirely in the present, they have difficulty with long-term commitments
    • Not naturally good at expressing feelings and emotions
    • Not tuned in to what others are feeling, they may be insensitive at times
    • Tendency to be overly private and hold back part of themselves
    • Need a lot of personal space, which they don't like to have invaded
    • They thrive on action and excitement, and may stir things up to create it

Quote Quote  

3. -2303
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    I wasnt really surprised at all about the introvert part, but like you said I feel like I am somewhere between introvert and extrovert. I have no issue socializing, but I loathe small talk and places like night clubs where you dont really know anyone. Like, it blows my mind how people can actually pick up girls in those things lol. For the most part, Id say the despriptions it gave me were accurate. The negatives in particular hit home pretty hard.
    You found it accurate? I'm going to find one and take it during my office hours next week, now I'm curious. I agree about the picking up girls in clubs thing. I could never do that. I find it's something you either have a gift for or you don't. All my success came from house parties. You're drunk, everyone either already knows everyone, or have a common friend, so it's easier to connect with a stranger. Plus, women always feel safer when they are around friends and at a house, so defenses are already lowered. Oddly enough, I met my wife at a punk rock concert though...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

4. -2304

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The personal space negative kinda cracked me up because IMO for me that was more of a cultural thing. I remember when I first came to the states, it really weirded me out how guys are in generally more touchy here with other guys. I dont mean in a gay way, just like socially. Where Im from, the personal space barrier male to male is bigger. It took a while to get used to and it still annoys me from time to time.
    Last edited by tylerdolphin; 01-31-2013 at 06:28 PM.
    Quote Quote  

5. -2305

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You found it accurate? I'm going to find one and take it during my office hours next week, now I'm curious. I agree about the picking up girls in clubs thing. I could never do that. I find it's something you either have a gift for or you don't. All my success came from house parties. You're drunk, everyone either already knows everyone, or have a common friend, so it's easier to connect with a stranger. Plus, women always feel safer when they are around friends and at a house, so defenses are already lowered. Oddly enough, I met my wife at a punk rock concert though...
    Yea it was pretty solid. One or two things in the write up Id disagree with, but for the most part it was accurate. I took a quick online one and got the same ISTP score too. Apparently a lot of people change on different tests because they may be a weak score in one or more of the categories, but I had very high scores on 3 of my categories so I guess Im more or less locked in there.

As far as girls, totally agree. House parties and small get togethers are the easiest way to go. I get by on being good at conversing. Im a good listener and generally pretty quick witted and have a good sense of humor. None of those things help in a night club.
    Last edited by tylerdolphin; 01-31-2013 at 06:20 PM.
    Quote Quote  

6. -2306
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've done a Myers Briggs before. I came out an INFJ, with something like 20% P (versus J) and like 40% T (instead of F).

It's reasonably accurate for me, but the problem with any of these personality tests is they're a bit like horoscopes, designed to make everyone think there's a bit of them in there.

The Myers Briggs test is based on Jungian archetypes. I have a passing interest in personality psychology and went out and bought Jung's book on personality types, but I haven't read it yet.

The most compelling thing about Myers Briggs to me is that it sort of lets you off the hook for your personality flaws (as you see them). By making traits a trade off instead of something you lack, then it's not that you're not spontaneous and that sucks, it's that you're not spontaneous because you're good at seeing something through to the end. You can't have both. That's comforting.
    Quote Quote  

7. -2307

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    I've done a Myers Briggs before. I came out an INFJ, with something like 20% P (versus J) and like 40% T (instead of F).

It's reasonably accurate for me, but the problem with any of these personality tests is they're a bit like horoscopes, designed to make everyone think there's a bit of them in there.

The Myers Briggs test is based on Jungian archetypes. I have a passing interest in personality psychology and went out and bought Jung's book on personality types, but I haven't read it yet.

The most compelling thing about Myers Briggs to me is that it sort of lets you off the hook for your personality flaws (as you see them). By making traits a trade off instead of something you lack, then it's not that you're not spontaneous and that sucks, it's that you're not spontaneous because you're good at seeing something through to the end. You can't have both. That's comforting.
    I noticed that as well. I suck at feelings and whatnot BUT I am good at looking at things without the emotional bias. I suck at seeing past today, BUT I have a easier time getting over the past and dont stress about the future. Id never really thought about it like that.
    Last edited by tylerdolphin; 01-31-2013 at 06:42 PM.
    Quote Quote  

8. -2308

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post

That's an interesting way to look at it. I think you may have a future in psychology, my friend...
    Quote Quote  

9. -2309

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That's an interesting way to look at it. I think you may have a future in psychology, my friend...
    I took Gen Psych as an elective and it was probably my favorite class that I ever took. Right up there with an American History class I took that covered from 1870ish to present. I was almost inspired to chance my major to psychology, but I didnt and still dont have any desire whatsoever to go to grad school so I figured it would be pointless. The human mind is a fascinating thing though. Same with history.

Two majors I would have much preferred doing to the one Im doing now, but out the question because of my seething hatred of formal education. Such is my life
    Quote Quote  

10. -2310

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    I took Gen Psych as an elective and it was probably my favorite class that I ever took. Right up there with an American History class I took that covered from 1870ish to present. I was almost inspired to chance my major to psychology, but I didnt and still dont have any desire whatsoever to go to grad school so I figured it would be pointless. The human mind is a fascinating thing though. Same with history.

Two majors I would have much preferred doing to the one Im doing now, but out the question because of my seething hatred of formal education. Such is my life
    Oddly enough, I started out as a biology major, with my dad pushing me to go to medical school. To this day, I can't think of many things I found more boring that biology and chemistry. Then I took the general psychology course and pretty much fell in love with the field. Most of the neurological aspects of it still bore me to death, but understanding how it ties into the more interesting side of the field helps keep me focused. It sucks that a lot of people use it as a fallback degree, which has caused the workplace to be flooded with psychology majors. It scares away a lot of people who would declare their major as psychology because they like the topic. What is your current major...?
    Quote Quote