Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 545 of 1535 FirstFirst ... 540541542543544545546547548549550 ... LastLast
Results 5,441 to 5,450 of 15342

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -5441
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    Quitter.

Try teaching History to 14-year-olds.

Over the past decade or so, I've seen it all. For example, last year we had a kid that would semi-routinely stick his hand in his pants & start jerking it while leering at a cheerleader IN CLASS.

My job is rarely boring.
    I have more WTF moments from my 1 year of teaching than all the other years in my life combined. My first month teaching, I had the craziest fight you could imagine. It involved two 250 lb + students from a neighboring class walking into my room to kick the %$^# out of one of my kids. One had an umbrella which she snapped over her leg and the other took my metal 3 hole puncher. It's a long story, but it ended up with me having to throw my student in the corner and take shots from both of them until the school cop came. Once the cop came in we were able to pin both of the girls down. (yea they fought the cop too).
    Quote Quote  

2. -5442
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFinfan View Post
    I have more WTF moments from my 1 year of teaching than all the other years in my life combined. My first month teaching, I had the craziest fight you could imagine. It involved two 250 lb + students from a neighboring class walking into my room to kick the %$^# out of one of my kids. One had an umbrella which she snapped over her leg and the other took my metal 3 hole puncher. It's a long story, but it ended up with me having to throw my student in the corner and take shots from both of them until the school cop came. Once the cop came in we were able to pin both of the girls down. (yea they fought the cop too).
    ?

#freespesh
    Quote Quote  

3. -5443
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    ?

yup, these were some big @$$ girls.
    Quote Quote  

4. -5444
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Quote  

5. -5445
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    Quitter.

Try teaching History to 14-year-olds.

Over the past decade or so, I've seen it all. For example, last year we had a kid that would semi-routinely stick his hand in his pants & start jerking it while leering at a cheerleader IN CLASS.

My job is rarely boring.
    Nothing but respect to you for doing it, my friend. But for me it was moreso all the research I'd be doing rather than the teaching necessarily. Although the teaching would be more bearable if I was able to teach the higher level Psych courses that are usually only taken by majors/minors. But the tenured professors and full-time lecturers get those classes, which would have left me stuck teaching the intro classes, and maybe some of the lower-end psych-specific courses, like Personality or Learning and Memory. No way would it ever be as bad as teaching 14 year olds, no doubt that about that. But psych 101 is a favorite of first year freshman, so you get a lot of these 18-19 year olds who are still in the high school frame of mind and think they are top **** because they are in college now. Or they've seen one too many movies that portray college life as nothing but partying with scantily clad girls and drinking, so they come in expecting that. Obnoxious. It is fun watching the look on their faces when they realize how much more work it is than they expected...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

6. -5446
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As a beer writer, I often find myself preaching the word about craft beer to people who don’t want to hear it. There are a lot of Bud Light fans and people who’d rather sip a zinfandel, even in the craft beer capital of the world, Portland, Ore., where I live. So when a homebrewer friend recently decided to visit my husband and me from Tennessee, I was excited to spend time with a kindred spirit, someone with whom I could share my favorite brews without having to make a hard sell. The first brewery I took him to was Hopworks Urban Brewery, where I ordered us a pitcher of the Velvet English session beer.

After a few sips, I noticed that he had pushed away his glass. “I’m sorry, guys,” he said when he noticed our puzzled expressions. “This is just way too hoppy for me.”

I was floored. Session beer is light and drinkable—it’s called session beer because you’re supposed to be able to drink several over the course of a drinking session without ruining your palate. If one of my favorite session beers was too hoppy and bitter for an avid beer drinker—for a homebrewer who is currently brewing beer to serve at his own wedding—what would he think of the famed Pacific Northwest IPAs? Do friends let friends drink only pilsners?

That’s when I realized that I had a problem. In fact, everyone I know in the craft beer industry has a problem: We’re so addicted to hops that we don’t even notice them anymore.
    http://www.slate.com/articles/life/d...on.single.html

Amen.
    Quote Quote  

7. -5447
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Quote  

8. -5448
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So I was reading through that ignoramus Alter2Ego's posts when I realized something was weird. So I copied and pasted a line of text from it into google. Have a look at what I found. This stooge literally goes to forums all over the Internet and copies and pastes the same **** in ever forum.

http://www.google.com/#sclient=table...w=1024&bih=622
    Quote Quote  

9. -5449
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COphinphan89 View Post
    So I was reading through that ignoramus Alter2Ego's posts when I realized something was weird. So I copied and pasted a line of text from it into google. Have a look at what I found. This stooge literally goes to forums all over the Internet and copies and pastes the same **** in ever forum.

http://www.google.com/#sclient=table...w=1024&bih=622
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...UNqVWQoQ#t=13s
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

10. -5450
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Self admitted beer snob. I flew to Philly just to try Pliny the Elder.
    Quote Quote