Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 809 of 2834 FirstFirst ... 804805806807808809810811812813814 ... LastLast
Results 8,081 to 8,090 of 28332

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

  1. -8081
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    14,852
    vCash:
    41222
    Loc:
    Room 101
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    My favorite fish except maybe Dover sole or hogfish. Really like wahoo and Cobia too
    You mean just among white fish, right? To me they're basically all the same, aside from tilapia and catfish, which are pretty obviously inferior. Everyone makes a big deal out of hogfish and, you know... it's good. I've ordered it in a restaurant and bought it and grilled it myself. But it's not like it really stands out that much, certainly not at the price. It's like spending money for premium, organic popcorn or something. Maybe it's me, I dunno. But it seems more like the difference is what kind of cut you're able to get based on the size of the fish and the way it's arranged internally. Haddock is ideal for fish and chips because you can get a nice fat cut out of it, for example. Harder to achieve on grouper or snapper.

    The one I've always wanted to try is salt cod. Like made into a stew or some such. Curious what the big deal is about. Seems like a lot of work, though, buying it days ahead of time, soaking it and changing the water every 12 hours.

    Tuna and salmon is where it's at. When I'm flush and it's in season I love to get some king salmon. Grilled on the half shell (skin side down, no flipping) with just some olive oil, garlic powder, lemon pepper, black pepper and dill until the color just whitens. Holy **** is it good. Like a stick of butter and a fish got together and had some crazy butter/fish sex.



    I was once a normal kid
    Till the Devil came down and flipped my lid
    He gave me a switchblade and he gave me a muse
    Then he vomited acid all over my shoes
    Quote Quote  

  2. -8082
    HarryBagpipe's Avatar
    Archibald Meatpants
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    6,324
    vCash:
    4831
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Snakes!Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    You mean just among white fish, right? To me they're basically all the same, aside from tilapia and catfish, which are pretty obviously inferior. Everyone makes a big deal out of hogfish and, you know... it's good. I've ordered it in a restaurant and bought it and grilled it myself. But it's not like it really stands out that much, certainly not at the price. It's like spending money for premium, organic popcorn or something. Maybe it's me, I dunno. But it seems more like the difference is what kind of cut you're able to get based on the size of the fish and the way it's arranged internally. Haddock is ideal for fish and chips because you can get a nice fat cut out of it, for example. Harder to achieve on grouper or snapper.

    The one I've always wanted to try is salt cod. Like made into a stew or some such. Curious what the big deal is about. Seems like a lot of work, though, buying it days ahead of time, soaking it and changing the water every 12 hours.

    Tuna and salmon is where it's at. When I'm flush and it's in season I love to get some king salmon. Grilled on the half shell (skin side down, no flipping) with just some olive oil, garlic powder, lemon pepper, black pepper and dill until the color just whitens. Holy **** is it good. Like a stick of butter and a fish got together and had some crazy butter/fish sex.
    I do prefer snapper and grouper over the more steaky fish like sword fish, tuna and even dolphin. I do love good wild salmon though. Hogfish for me might be a more atmospheric thing though. I'm usually eating it at a divey keys bar over looking the ocean or over our grill fresh from spear fishing. I still think it's really good though.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -8083
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,623
    vCash:
    15342
    The only thing that has more glitches than the Obamacare rollout is the pofo.





    "Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

  4. -8084
    Valandui's Avatar
    Lumberjack Batman
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    10,233
    vCash:
    18828
    Anyone here do electronic music at all? I'm looking for a good MIDI controller.

    Valandui's Weekly Music Video

    Borknagar:
    Winter Thrice
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDrrKv2wjvk
    Quote Quote  

  5. -8085
    LouPhinFan's Avatar
    It's ok to say "I don't know".
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2006
    Posts:
    7,326
    vCash:
    25339
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Cap's shield
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    You mean just among white fish, right? To me they're basically all the same, aside from tilapia and catfish, which are pretty obviously inferior. Everyone makes a big deal out of hogfish and, you know... it's good. I've ordered it in a restaurant and bought it and grilled it myself. But it's not like it really stands out that much, certainly not at the price. It's like spending money for premium, organic popcorn or something. Maybe it's me, I dunno. But it seems more like the difference is what kind of cut you're able to get based on the size of the fish and the way it's arranged internally. Haddock is ideal for fish and chips because you can get a nice fat cut out of it, for example. Harder to achieve on grouper or snapper.

    The one I've always wanted to try is salt cod. Like made into a stew or some such. Curious what the big deal is about. Seems like a lot of work, though, buying it days ahead of time, soaking it and changing the water every 12 hours.

    Tuna and salmon is where it's at. When I'm flush and it's in season I love to get some king salmon. Grilled on the half shell (skin side down, no flipping) with just some olive oil, garlic powder, lemon pepper, black pepper and dill until the color just whitens. Holy **** is it good. Like a stick of butter and a fish got together and had some crazy butter/fish sex.
    I've never had hogfish, I didn't know it was a game fish. I have grilled shark steaks before and they were ok as I don't mind gamey fish. My wife wasn't very fond of it. But you're right it's really hard to beat a good salmon.
    Enjoy your burrito.

    Quote Quote  

  6. -8086
    NY8123's Avatar
    Sophisticated Redneck
    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    16,548
    vCash:
    42679
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Golf Enthusiasts
Gift received at 04-14-2016, 11:08 AM from fishfanmiami
Message: Hit um straight wildman.
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    MMMMMMM...grouper...my mouth is watering for a blackend grouper sandwich now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    My favorite fish except maybe Dover sole or hogfish. Really like wahoo and Cobia too
    Pink Snapper. I could eat that until my tongue goes raw!!!!
    Was it over when the Germans bombed pearl harbor!!


    Quote Quote  

  7. -8087
    HarryBagpipe's Avatar
    Archibald Meatpants
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    6,324
    vCash:
    4831
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Snakes!Dolphin
    I should be amazed at the lengths some people go to defend everything Ireland but than I recall how a majority of Knicks fans used to defend everything isiah Thomas on their forums, right up until the day he was canned.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8088
    Buddy's Avatar
    Starter
    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    7,811
    vCash:
    77109
    Loc:
    Indianapolis, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    My favorite fish except maybe Dover sole or hogfish. Really like wahoo and Cobia too
    I have never had Dover Sole, to my knowledge, but it has to be good if it is in this kind of company. I lived in Alaska for a couple of years and got hooked on halibut. I am still partial to hogfish but it has to be very fresh, it is too delicate to freeze or keep very long and maintain it's amazing flavor and texture. Shooting a few doormat size hogfish and frying them immediately is unbelievable #

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

  9. -8089
    Wildbill3's Avatar
    Misery Loves Company
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2001
    Posts:
    26,690
    vCash:
    5642
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoPlaystation LogoDeVante Parker's 111972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    No clue.....i thought one of the mods was just messing with me like they change the avi for some waterlogged posters
    lol I call bs. you like it pink.

    ---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    The only thing that has more glitches than the Obamacare rollout is the pofo.
    go.... ****.... yourself....
    Vote NY8123 for President.
    He promises
    Free hand lotion for everyone.



    Quote Quote  

  10. -8090
    HarryBagpipe's Avatar
    Archibald Meatpants
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    6,324
    vCash:
    4831
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Snakes!Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    lol I call bs. you like it pink.

    ---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

    go.... ****.... yourself....
    It is weird though cause on my iPad it comes out and shows in regular black type but on the PC it shows and types in pink. Which is kinda odd since vaarks standard blue type comes out blue on both.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6718
    Last Post: 08-08-2013, 03:17 PM
  2. Replies: 1725
    Last Post: 02-08-2008, 09:16 AM
  3. can we keep this thread alive in the PoFo?
    By Maynard the Hammer in forum Questions and Suggestions Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2006, 11:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •