Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 815 of 1336 FirstFirst ... 810811812813814815816817818819820 ... LastLast
Results 8,141 to 8,150 of 13352

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -8141
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    You mean just among white fish, right? To me they're basically all the same, aside from tilapia and catfish, which are pretty obviously inferior. Everyone makes a big deal out of hogfish and, you know... it's good. I've ordered it in a restaurant and bought it and grilled it myself. But it's not like it really stands out that much, certainly not at the price. It's like spending money for premium, organic popcorn or something. Maybe it's me, I dunno. But it seems more like the difference is what kind of cut you're able to get based on the size of the fish and the way it's arranged internally. Haddock is ideal for fish and chips because you can get a nice fat cut out of it, for example. Harder to achieve on grouper or snapper.

The one I've always wanted to try is salt cod. Like made into a stew or some such. Curious what the big deal is about. Seems like a lot of work, though, buying it days ahead of time, soaking it and changing the water every 12 hours.

Tuna and salmon is where it's at. When I'm flush and it's in season I love to get some king salmon. Grilled on the half shell (skin side down, no flipping) with just some olive oil, garlic powder, lemon pepper, black pepper and dill until the color just whitens. Holy **** is it good. Like a stick of butter and a fish got together and had some crazy butter/fish sex.
    I've never had hogfish, I didn't know it was a game fish. I have grilled shark steaks before and they were ok as I don't mind gamey fish. My wife wasn't very fond of it. But you're right it's really hard to beat a good salmon.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

2. -8142
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    MMMMMMM...grouper...my mouth is watering for a blackend grouper sandwich now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    My favorite fish except maybe Dover sole or hogfish. Really like wahoo and Cobia too
    Pink Snapper. I could eat that until my tongue goes raw!!!!
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote  

3. -8143
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    I should be amazed at the lengths some people go to defend everything Ireland but than I recall how a majority of Knicks fans used to defend everything isiah Thomas on their forums, right up until the day he was canned.
    Quote Quote  

4. -8144
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My favorite fish except maybe Dover sole or hogfish. Really like wahoo and Cobia too
    I have never had Dover Sole, to my knowledge, but it has to be good if it is in this kind of company. I lived in Alaska for a couple of years and got hooked on halibut. I am still partial to hogfish but it has to be very fresh, it is too delicate to freeze or keep very long and maintain it's amazing flavor and texture. Shooting a few doormat size hogfish and frying them immediately is unbelievable #

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

5. -8145
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    No clue.....i thought one of the mods was just messing with me like they change the avi for some waterlogged posters
    lol I call bs. you like it pink.

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    The only thing that has more glitches than the Obamacare rollout is the pofo.
    go.... ****.... yourself....

Quote Quote  

6. -8146
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    lol I call bs. you like it pink.

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

go.... ****.... yourself....
    It is weird though cause on my iPad it comes out and shows in regular black type but on the PC it shows and types in pink. Which is kinda odd since vaarks standard blue type comes out blue on both.
    Quote Quote  

7. -8147
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    It is weird though cause on my iPad it comes out and shows in regular black type but on the PC it shows and types in pink. Which is kinda odd since vaarks standard blue type comes out blue on both.
    I'm not sure what it looks like in safari. I try to code for IE and FF, some browsers have strick standards for CSS and HTML etc, so maybe safari is ignoring a markup somewhere.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8148
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    I should be amazed at the lengths some people go to defend everything Ireland but than I recall how a majority of Knicks fans used to defend everything isiah Thomas on their forums, right up until the day he was canned.
    Woah woah woah don't even joke about that. I still have nightmares about Isiah Thomas days running the Knicks. Trading 2 first round picks one of them being a top 5 pick for Eddy Curry. Signed Jerome James for 30 million dollars. Hired himself as head coach.

The difference between him and Ireland is that Isiah was amazingly actually a decent drafter, you know when he had picks and not traded them away. David Lee, Nate Robinson, Wilson Chandler. Problem with Isiah was his cap management or complete lack of it and his inability to build around young talent, deciding that Eddy Curry, and Steph Marbury was the core to build around.
    Quote Quote  

9. -8149
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    I have never had Dover Sole, to my knowledge, but it has to be good if it is in this kind of company. I lived in Alaska for a couple of years and got hooked on halibut. I am still partial to hogfish but it has to be very fresh, it is too delicate to freeze or keep very long and maintain it's amazing flavor and texture. Shooting a few doormat size hogfish and frying them immediately is unbelievable #

When I think of hogfish, I think of the tiny ones you see in the salt water aquarium trade (I used to keep a 75 gallon reef with overflows/sump but never had a hogfish). What do the big ones taste like?
    Quote Quote  

10. -8150
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    When I think of hogfish, I think of the tiny ones you see in the salt water aquarium trade (I used to keep a 75 gallon reef with overflows/sump but never had a hogfish). What do the big ones taste like?
    It is a very white, flaky, and delicate fish that is prefect for frying. I soak the fillet or chunks in buttermilk then dredge them directly in flour and white corn meal with spices. As soon as they float in the grease, get them out, do not over cook. Unbelievable!

Quote Quote