Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 957 of 1337 FirstFirst ... 952953954955956957958959960961962 ... LastLast
Results 9,561 to 9,570 of 13362

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -9561
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Out ****ing standing.

I assume everyone's seen the original with Jean Claude van Damme by now. Otherwise this might not make much sense.
    No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
    Quote Quote  

2. -9562
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post

Out ****ing standing.

I assume everyone's seen the original with Jean Claude van Damme by now. Otherwise this might not make much sense.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

3. -9563
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    I don't think it's necessarily a sudden "Today's Wednesday, I like dudes now" type choice or even a conscious choice. I think events in your life or environmental stuff could push someone in that direction without them necessarily realizing it. If it happened at an early enough age, maybe you start thinking you were born that way.
    Well think about it like this, why isn't the reverse true? Why doesn't anyone attribute environmental factors or events in their life to being attracted to women? The implication to your theory is that everyone is born straight (man and women), and something traumatic in their upbringing must've happened to about 10+ percent of the population to turn them gay? I just can't buy that.

Quote Originally Posted by Valandui
    All that aside, does it really matter if someone accepts the practice if they feel that the people have the right to do whatever they want in that regard?
    Walrus already touched on it a bit, but I do think it's hurtful to a lot of people. Especially a lot of gay Christians.

Quote Originally Posted by Valandui
    I just don't think they're the same thing. You can't hide your race. They couldn't avoid persecution in that situation. No one is going to know someone is gay unless they make it known.
    Don't you think you're kind of asking a lot? You want someone to hide their true identity unless it's behind closed doors for the rest of their life because, what, you think they're icky?
    Quote Quote  

4. -9564
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    Well think about it like this, why isn't the reverse true? Why doesn't anyone attribute environmental factors or events in their life to being attracted to women? The implication to your theory is that everyone is born straight (man and women), and something traumatic in their upbringing must've happened to about 10+ percent of the population to turn them gay? I just can't buy that.

Walrus already touched on it a bit, but I do think it's hurtful to a lot of people. Especially a lot of gay Christians.

Don't you think you're kind of asking a lot? You want someone to hide their true identity unless it's behind closed doors for the rest of their life because, what, you think they're icky?
    I didn't mean it like that. I just meant it isn't the same level of persecution as blatant racism. I made it pretty clear earlier that I honestly don't care what people do with their own lives. Just because I don't agree with something that people are doing doesn't mean they don't have the right to do it. I don't agree with drug use but people are free to do that. It isn't my life to live or decision to make.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Conducting From the Grave: The Rise
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYQ2aKgXafw
    Quote Quote  

5. -9565
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I didn't mean it like that. I just meant it isn't the same level of persecution as blatant racism. I made it pretty clear earlier that I honestly don't care what people do with their own lives. Just because I don't agree with something that people are doing doesn't mean they don't have the right to do it. I don't agree with drug use but people are free to do that. It isn't my life to live or decision to make.
    I'm not sure how it's much different than racism. It's still treating someone differently based on a factor that is out of their control. You say race is more identifiable, and it of course is, but I don't agree with the notion that no one would know someone is gay unless that person made it known. There are several gay dudes at the store I work at. Not one of them has ever expressly stated, or even hinted at their sexual orientation to me, but everyone and their mother knows those dudes are as gay as the day is long. It's the way they talk, it's in their mannerisms, the way they dress, etc. They aren't over-the-top or obnoxious, either. So, my point being, that I would feel absolutely awful if my presence made someone feel compelled to change the way they felt most comfortable behaving. I would hate for one of those dudes to have to suppress their mannerisms or manufacture an unnatural way of speaking just so they could appear a certain way.
    Quote Quote  

6. -9566
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not sure how it's much different than racism. It's still treating someone differently based on a factor that is out of their control. You say race is more identifiable, and it of course is, but I don't agree with the notion that no one would know someone is gay unless that person made it known. There are several gay dudes at the store I work at. Not one of them has ever expressly stated, or even hinted at their sexual orientation to me, but everyone and their mother knows those dudes are as gay as the day is long. It's the way they talk, it's in their mannerisms, the way they dress, etc. They aren't over-the-top or obnoxious, either. So, my point being, that I would feel absolutely awful if my presence made someone feel compelled to change the way they felt most comfortable behaving. I would hate for one of those dudes to have to suppress their mannerisms or manufacture an unnatural way of speaking just so they could appear a certain way.
    I wasn't even saying people should suppress their behavior. Again, I really don't care what people do. I just meant that they could hide it if they wanted to. You can't really do the same thing with your skin color.
    Quote Quote  

7. -9567
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think there is a gay "spectrum", some men choose to have gay sex with other men because they've been locked up for 30 years and its the only hole around and other men are born with an innate desire to procreate with men, because that is just how they were wired. And everything in between. To me, whether a person is born gay or not shouldn't matter in the least and doesn't belong in the debate of whether gays should be shunned or not.
    Quote Quote  

8. -9568
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I wasn't even saying people should suppress their behavior. Again, I really don't care what people do. I just meant that they could hide it if they wanted to. You can't really do the same thing with your skin color.
    I probably should ask for clarification on what you meant when you said 'it isn't the same level of persecution as blatant racism'. If we're talking historically (which I think you might be based on your "they can hide it" comment), then sure, as a whole the byproducts of racism have probably been more devastating than the collective byproducts of homophobia. However, if we're having the discussion about whether, in general, racism is "worse" than homophobia, then I would disagree with that premise. I wouldn't rank homophobia a 'level' below racism, or anything like that. To me, that seems like something someone would tell themselves to feel better.

Also, if you somehow got the impression that I thought you did care, that wasn't my design. The degree to which you care about this stuff doesn't really matter to me. I was, however, genuinely interested in having the discussion about your beliefs on this issue, so no need to pull a Bill on me and get defensive
    Quote Quote  

9. -9569
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's cool man. I was honestly half-asleep typing that due to dealing with unrelated BS, so it might have come off more confrontational than intended.

I probably should ask for clarification on what you meant when you said 'it isn't the same level of persecution as blatant racism'. If we're talking historically (which I think you might be based on your "they can hide it" comment), then sure, as a whole the byproducts of racism have probably been more devastating than the collective byproducts of homophobia. However, if we're having the discussion about whether, in general, racism is "worse" than homophobia, then I would disagree with that premise. I wouldn't rank homophobia a 'level' below racism, or anything like that. To me, that seems like something someone would tell themselves to feel better.

Also, if you somehow got the impression that I thought you did care, that wasn't my design. The degree to which you care about this stuff doesn't really matter to me. I was, however, genuinely interested in having the discussion about your beliefs on this issue, so no need to pull a Bill on me and get defensive
    Quote Quote  

10. -9570
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Looking at some of these playoff scenarios with the ESPN playoff machine. With two weeks left -- assuming we win out -- there are literally four different scenarios that are not unreasonable.

@ Cincinnati
    @ New England
    @ Baltimore
    @ Indy

And... it must be said, New England could theoretically end up playing a game @ Miami. If they lose to Buffalo and Baltimore.

The game @ Cincy is the most likely, imo. Followed by the game @ New England. In either case -- if we won -- our opponent would likely be @ Denver.

Whoopee!
    Quote Quote