Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1149 of 3034 FirstFirst ... 11441145114611471148114911501151115211531154 ... LastLast
Results 11,481 to 11,490 of 30339

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -11481
    It's ok to say "I don't know".
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Cap's shield
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    I honestly don't even know where UK is outside of somewhere in Kentucky that isn't Louisville.
    UK is in Lexington. Lexington is a town that tries to think it's a city. I've spent some time there before and I hated it. It sucks.
    “Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons. Doesn't seem right.”
    Quote Quote  

2. -11482
    1/7/14
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Room 101
    The article rob posted is an absolute good. It is the Schindler's List of draft articles. This part stood out:

Millen led the Lions through several horrifically bad drafts, but none were worse than his 2006 effort. His first-round pick, linebacker Ernie Sims, panned out to be an above-average player in terms of CarAV, but he produced less than the vast majority of players taken in the first round that year. Millen chose him over a wealth of great players, including Tamba Hali, Haloti Ngata, Joseph Addai and Nick Mangold.

His next two picks, safety Daniel Bullocks and running back Brian Calhoun, both played with the Lions for a season before tearing their ACLs in 2007. Both would return to the Lions, but before and after their injuries, neither players produced nearly as much as one would hope for in a second- or third-round pick. Millen's fifth-round choice, tackle Jonathan Scott, went on to become a serviceable journeyman. His final two picks, Dee McCann and Fred Matua, never played a game in the NFL.

Here, poor decisions were coupled with some bad luck, and the result was a draft effort so disastrous that I began to wonder: would the Lions have done any better if they'd simply written down every single player in the draft, and pulled names out of a hat?

I decided to find out. I collected the names of every single player of the 2006 NFL Draft who Millen could have chosen at each stage of the draft. Then I used a random number generator to select them entirely at random, and added up the CarAV numbers of all the players I ended up with.

This, of course, could result in some horrible selections. For instance, I could end up spending the ninth overall pick on Kevin McMahan, who was picked 255th in the actual draft and never played in the NFL. Nonetheless, I ran this completely random draft 10 times, and I was hoping to beat Matt Millen's effort once or twice.

I beat him six out of 10 times.

The cumulative CarAV of Millen's 2006 draftees was 59. On average, my random drafts scored 80. In terms of both average and number of instances, I drafted better than Matt Millen by figuratively tacking the name of every player on a wall and chucking darts at it.

In a sense, if the Lions knew nothing, they would have tied with the dart board. They did worse. They knew a negative amount of things.
    From 2008-09 I lived in Chicago with a roommate who was a die hard Lions fan. 2008, if you'll recall, was the year the Lions went winless... and also that miracle Dolphins year when we went 11-5 and made the playoffs. We sprang for NFL Sunday Ticket that year, despite neither of us having much money, and we played tons of Madden. He beat me the first time we played but I beat him every other time, like twelve times in a row, including winning like 48-7 in the Super Bowl the weekend my brother -- who he was also friends with -- visited us.

The few times I complained to him about the doldrums of being a Dolphins fan... our utter mediocrity, the hopelessness, the eternal shrugging of the shoulders, he'd stop me. He was a Lions fan. And there is nothing like being a Lions fan. And he was and continues to be right. There is nothing quite like that. At least outside North Korea.

I was once a normal kid
    Till the Devil came down and flipped my lid
    He gave me a switchblade and he gave me a muse
    Then he vomited acid all over my shoes
    Quote Quote  

3. -11483
    Administrator
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fat City
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    UK is in Lexington. Lexington is a town that tries to think it's a city. I've spent some time there before and I hated it. It sucks.
    Ah, yeah, driven through it a few times. Had no idea the university was there. I had some great times in Louisville though.

Quote Quote  

4. -11484
    1/7/14
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Room 101

Quote Quote  

5. -11485
    #freespesh
    WPA:
    vCash:
    So i was able to sneak into Captain America a few days ago. Quality movie. I see why everyone was applauding it. Easily the most socially important comic movie since The Dark Knight. Which is not to say its as good as that. But its probably the best non-Avengers Marvel movie they've made. Only the original Ironman could knock it off the top spot.

While damn good, you could see with a few tweaks it being a genre defining blockbuster like Nolan's movie. It came damned close. It had it in its DNA. The directors kicked ass and the cast really brought their A game. The topics it brushed up on were compelling and extremely relevant not only to today's world, but questions mankind has been asking for centuries. Ultimately i have to conclude its a side effect of being owned by Disney. They cant really dive into that stuff like Nolan could. A shame but still really well done. Thinking about it all of the "phase 2" movies have been pretty good and the quality has risen over their first installments. I suppose i cant complain...

..except about one thing: where the **** is Jeremy Renner? Looking back at the movies im not to sure where they could have fit him in. And i definitely wouldnt have wanted him to replace anyone in Captain 2(and again: cast killed it. The new addition, Anthony Mackie, was a brilliant hire. Really enjoyed his role and work in it), but they have a quality actor under hire with an established role and they are dicking around with it.

Anyways, back to the point: thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed Captain 2. Arguably the best "single" super hero movie they've done. And this is coming from someone who despised the first Captain America.

While on the subject of entertainment:

Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    I'm a dark elf night blade named Picklewagon. Only level 7 at the moment.
    I see your Picklewagon and raise you: Fans Fault. A giant ugly ass lizard Templar.

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/cam-newton-no-respect/

Terrorist attack count against the Anything Goes Thread: 5
    Quote Quote  

6. -11486
    Lumberjack Batman
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    So i was able to sneak into Captain America a few days ago. Quality movie. I see why everyone was applauding it. Easily the most socially important comic movie since The Dark Knight. Which is not to say its as good as that. But its probably the best non-Avengers Marvel movie they've made. Only the original Ironman could knock it off the top spot.

While damn good, you could see with a few tweaks it being a genre defining blockbuster like Nolan's movie. It came damned close. It had it in its DNA. The directors kicked ass and the cast really brought their A game. The topics it brushed up on were compelling and extremely relevant not only to today's world, but questions mankind has been asking for centuries. Ultimately i have to conclude its a side effect of being owned by Disney. They cant really dive into that stuff like Nolan could. A shame but still really well done. Thinking about it all of the "phase 2" movies have been pretty good and the quality has risen over their first installments. I suppose i cant complain...

..except about one thing: where the **** is Jeremy Renner? Looking back at the movies im not to sure where they could have fit him in. And i definitely wouldnt have wanted him to replace anyone in Captain 2(and again: cast killed it. The new addition, Anthony Mackie, was a brilliant hire. Really enjoyed his role and work in it), but they have a quality actor under hire with an established role and they are dicking around with it.

Anyways, back to the point: thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed Captain 2. Arguably the best "single" super hero movie they've done. And this is coming from someone who despised the first Captain America.

While on the subject of entertainment:

I see your Picklewagon and raise you: Fans Fault. A giant ugly ass lizard Templar.
    Hit me up. My Ebonhart Pact character is Anders Dragonborn.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Borknagar:
    Winter Thrice
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDrrKv2wjvk
    Quote Quote  

7. -11487
    #freespesh
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    Hit me up. My Ebonhart Pact character is Anders Dragonborn.
    Will do. Has anyone else on here joined the guild or is it for this thread?

Also, which one of you handsome sailors is going to marry me?
    Quote Quote  

8. -11488
    Lumberjack Batman
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Will do. Has anyone else on here joined the guild or is it for this thread?

Also, which one of you handsome sailors is going to marry me?
    I sent Harry an invite but he hasn't accepted yet. As far as I know, we're the only three on here playing besides UK, who is on a different server.
    Quote Quote  

9. -11489
    #freespesh
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    I sent Harry an invite but he hasn't accepted yet. As far as I know, we're the only three on here playing besides UK, who is on a different server.
    Forgot about that. Shame, but i guess its kind of greedy to complain, to my knowledge(which isnt great) this is one of the very, very few that have "megaservers". Would have loved to slaughter some of our fellow fans in the PvP continent. You know, cause im a orange!!one!

As you stated earlier its addicting. For all the bitching from reviewers about it being "elder scrolls light" my ****ing mission log fills up with a new mission ever 5 feet. Only level 7 but love the "phasing" mission effect they have, where towns change depending on where your at in the story.
    Quote Quote  

10. -11490
    Administrator
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fat City
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Wish I could play, but simply no time before July.
    Quote Quote