Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1243 of 1602 FirstFirst ... 12381239124012411242124312441245124612471248 ... LastLast
Results 12,421 to 12,430 of 16016

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -12421
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    It was about the Tea Party's favorite pastime... eating their own young.

Seriously. He wasn't conservative enough for them, apparently. Which seems impossible. But there it is. You've got to hand it to a group of people so completely concerned with results that they're oblivious to the fact that in a democratic country those results are non-starters. They just keep making firebrands their heroes and then firing them when they don't instantly transform this country into William F. Buckleystan. It's like a political base comprised completely of Dan Synders.

It sure as hell puts the fear of God into whoever gets elected, though, which is why it's sort of admirable in a terrible way.
    He was a freaking RINO hung up on towing the party line. I pray that both parties will be so bold as to cut the dead wood and get some leaders in Washington. The Republicans need to abandon about 90% of their social issues and the Democrats need to do the same with their fiscal issues. They all need to jump ship on the prevailing immigration and healthcare agendas. Like I said, incumbents out!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mrhankey81701 View Post
    I really haven't paid too much attention so far this election cycle, what was his ousting about?
    Walrus is fairly correct I'm answering your question but see my addendum as well. This midterm could be fun...or mundane, we shall see.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

2. -12422
    cowboy surfer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    cantor was a disaster as majority leader, not even the corporations could save him.
    Quote Quote  

3. -12423
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    You doing ACU on PC?
    I usually go console with Assassin's Creed, i play it with a few friends. That said, i havent made any decisions. Im not sure who has picked up a PS4 and who went all communist and grabbed a Xbox. Other than Locke, he confirmed he hated America by grabbing an Xbone.

I suspect i'll be grabbing ACU, Far Cry 4, and Destiny right when they launch(also Last of Us next month). To break it up, i'll probably grab at least one of those for PC. Have a few months to burn, so i havent put to much thought into it.
    Quote Quote  

4. -12424
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I imagine Nate is quite happy tonight.
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

5. -12425
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    He was a freaking RINO hung up on towing the party line. I pray that both parties will be so bold as to cut the dead wood and get some leaders in Washington. The Republicans need to abandon about 90% of their social issues and the Democrats need to do the same with their fiscal issues. They all need to jump ship on the prevailing immigration and healthcare agendas. Like I said, incumbents out!
    I've never heard of a majority leader of a political party who didn't tow the party line he helped establish, but... uh, okay, I guess.

I'm also always deeply suspicious of this term RINO. It's always used by people who are to the right of "mainstream" Republicans... which is further right than the rightwing of the Republican party has ever been. If anyone shouldn't be questioning whether other people are Republicans it's a group of people who think guys like Eric Cantor are too liberal. I can only imagine what they'd think of Ronald Reagan's actual legislative legacy if they cared to read about it... to say nothing of guys like Nelson Rockefeller, Gerald Ford and even Richard Nixon.

It's like listening to someone from Manitoba try and convince you that 80 degrees is a hot day.

Cantor pushed for immigration reforms because he can do math, and the math is ugly longterm for Republicans unless they remove their collective heads from their collective asses. As ugly and as stupid as the Republicans are and have been on social issues like gay marriage, their stupidity on immigration reform absolutely dwarfs it. It's the legislative equivalent of someone with lung cancer who continues to smoke three packs a day.
    Quote Quote  

6. -12426
    cowboy surfer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    cantor was up in the polls until the recent chaos broke out at the border this week. maybe that's why he got dumped.
    Quote Quote  

7. -12427
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As majority leader, Eric Cantor was charged with running the House and electing his Republican colleagues. The tension between the two caused him to schedule, and to vote for, some legislation that angered the conservative base.

Since first being elected to the House in 2000, he has voted with a majority of his Republican colleagues 95 percent of the time or more in most Congresses. His lowest “party unity” score, as calculated by The Upshot, was 91.3 percent during the 110th Congress (2007-2008), when Democrats held the majority. But even then, he voted with his party about as often as Todd Akin, then a Missouri congressman, did...

Mr. Cantor’s voting record is also very similar to that of other top House Republicans, including Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy of California, Paul Ryan of Wisconsin and Jeb Hensarling of Texas. But as the person responsible for scheduling bills and votes on the House floor, Mr. Cantor perhaps bears more responsibility than most for that agenda, and for getting “must-pass” legislation through the House.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/11/up...cord.html?_r=0

Voting to the right on 95% of the issues apparently just isnt conservative enough these days.
    Quote Quote  

8. -12428
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    I usually go console with Assassin's Creed, i play it with a few friends. That said, i havent made any decisions. Im not sure who has picked up a PS4 and who went all communist and grabbed a Xbox. Other than Locke, he confirmed he hated America by grabbing an Xbone.

I suspect i'll be grabbing ACU, Far Cry 4, and Destiny right when they launch(also Last of Us next month). To break it up, i'll probably grab at least one of those for PC. Have a few months to burn, so i havent put to much thought into it.
    That's kind of what I'm running into. Most of my friends got the Bone, which I have no intention of buying due to a combination of not needing to and it being tainted by original sin. Plus, I only have one or two friends with a PC capable of playing it.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

The Devin Townsend Project: Kingdom (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jZjziohaPc
    Quote Quote  

9. -12429
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm going to review Allison Grimes' platform, I might very well vote for her this fall over Mitch McConnell. She's got a very strong outside chance of beating him, I think. Of course his campaign is going to get super nasty late this summer. She better have a thick skin because the crap-storm is coming for her once McConnell ramps up his machine.
    Nearly 70% of the Earth is covered by water...the rest is covered by Gerod Holliman.

Quote Quote  

10. -12430
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Quote