Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1071 of 2988 FirstFirst ... 10661067106810691070107110721073107410751076 ... LastLast
Results 10,701 to 10,710 of 29877

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

  1. -10701
    CO-Gator's Avatar
    They all float down here.
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    8,119
    vCash:
    27088
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Print is dead.
    Of course it is. That's why I downloaded torrent files of all the audiobooks. Roy Dotrice did most of them and he is spectacular. Listening to a man in his mid 70s-late 80s narrate raunchy, profane dialogue and graphic sex scenes is truly one of the funniest things a person can experience. He's 90 now and I hope he lives long enough to do the last two books.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -10702
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    16,253
    vCash:
    54326
    Loc:
    Room 101
    Quote Originally Posted by COphinphan89 View Post
    Of course it is. That's why I downloaded torrent files of all the audiobooks. Roy Dotrice did most of them and he is spectacular. Listening to a man in his mid 70s-late 80s narrate raunchy, profane dialogue and graphic sex scenes is truly one of the funniest things a person can experience. He's 90 now and I hope he lives long enough to do the last two books.
    Reminds me of this: http://screen.yahoo.com/books-tape-080000332.html

    Long live Phil Hartman.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -10703
    Spesh's Avatar
    #freespesh
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    11,790
    vCash:
    15516
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    You know it just occurred to me that eventually kids won't know what a bookcase is anymore than kids today know what a rotary phone is.

    I'm shook.
    Reminds me of a situation i went through a few years ago. Was catching up with a friend and their younger brother was there; for whatever reason he pulled up that infamous 9/11 photoshop picture with the guy taking a picture while "on the balcony" with the plane flying into the tower(im sure everyone remembers that one). To their credit, they were skeptical that it was real, but they were sort of leaning in that direction. I waited for him to hit any of the obvious flaws. Never happened. Finally, i pointed out that if it were real and the camera somehow survived, the film would have burned up in the flames. Dude looked at me sort of baffled, then tried to point out that camera phones dont use film

    If it makes you feel better we are still years away from being in the future. Its a well established fact that we are only in the future when everyone has jetpacks.


    http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/cam-newton-no-respect/

    Terrorist attack count against the Anything Goes Thread: 5
    Quote Quote  

  4. -10704
    CO-Gator's Avatar
    They all float down here.
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    8,119
    vCash:
    27088
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Reminds me of this: http://screen.yahoo.com/books-tape-080000332.html

    Long live Phil Hartman.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -10705
    Spesh's Avatar
    #freespesh
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    11,790
    vCash:
    15516
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Reminds me of this: http://screen.yahoo.com/books-tape-080000332.html

    Long live Phil Hartman.
    ****ing agree.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -10706
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    16,253
    vCash:
    54326
    Loc:
    Room 101
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Reminds me of a situation i went through a few years ago. Was catching up with a friend and their younger brother was there; for whatever reason he pulled up that infamous 9/11 photoshop picture with the guy taking a picture while "on the balcony" with the plane flying into the tower(im sure everyone remembers that one). To their credit, they were skeptical that it was real, but they were sort of leaning in that direction. I waited for him to hit any of the obvious flaws. Never happened. Finally, i pointed out that if it were real and the camera somehow survived, the film would have burned up in the flames. Dude looked at me sort of baffled, then tried to point out that camera phones dont use film

    If it makes you feel better we are still years away from being in the future. Its a well established fact that we are only in the future when everyone has jetpacks.
    The Rocketeer had a jetpack in the '40s. Idiot.

    ---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by COphinphan89 View Post
    Quote Quote  

  7. -10707
    Dogbone34's Avatar
    cowboy surfer
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    2,866
    vCash:
    3898
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Currently watching season 5 of the Sopranos. I'm glad I saved it until now. I've been a long time fan of David Chase.

    Wrapped up House of Cards. Spacey and Wright are fantastic as the Underwoods.

    I stopped watching Shameless and Parks. Strangely, I'm still watching Episodes. Maybe it's my way of holding on to Friends. OK, I didn't really mean that last part.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -10708
    Spesh's Avatar
    #freespesh
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    11,790
    vCash:
    15516
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    The Rocketeer had a jetpack in the '40s. Idiot.
    Yeah but that selfish prick isnt sharing.

    Anyways, on a totally different subject: China has doglions.

    A Chinese zoo’s supposed “African lion” was exposed as a fraud when the dog used as a substitute started barking.

    The zoo in the People’s Park of Luohe, in the central province of Henan, replaced exotic exhibits with common species, according to the state-run Beijing Youth Daily.

    It quoted a customer surnamed Liu who wanted to show her son the different sounds animals made — but he pointed out that the animal in the cage labelled “African lion” was barking.

    The beast was in fact a Tibetan mastiff — a large and long-haired breed of dog.

    “The zoo is absolutely cheating us,” the paper quoted Liu, who was charged 15 yuan ($2.45) for the ticket, as saying. “They are trying to disguise the dogs as lions.”

    Three other species housed incorrectly included two coypu rodents in a snake’s cage, a white fox in a leopard’s den, and another dog in a wolf pen.

    The chief of the park’s animal department, Liu Suya, told the paper that while it does have a lion, it had been taken to a breeding facility and the dog — which belonged to an employee — had been temporarily housed in the zoo over safety concerns.
    http://www.euronews.com/2013/08/15/t...g-dog-as-lion/

    Quote Quote  

  9. -10709
    rob19's Avatar
    Soul Rebel
    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    8,616
    vCash:
    37883
    Loc:
    Georgia
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Louphinland
    Every time I'm on my Netflix I see that Breaking Bad icon on there and think about hitting play. I'm just not prepared to go down that rabbit hole yet.
    I see your apathy, and I raise you Mad Men, Game of Thrones, and whatever other shows you nerds are always talking about. Not sure if it’s more about the fear of commitment for me, or the fact that most of these series just aren’t comedies. It’s not that I don’t like dramas; I’d just prefer them to be shorter than 70 some-odd episodes long.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    And im right there with you on Breaking Bad, still havent checked that out either. Now ill sit here and be stoned to death with you.
    I’ve got an ounce of OG that makes 2 Chainz tolerable.

    Quote Quote  

  10. -10710
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    16,253
    vCash:
    54326
    Loc:
    Room 101
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    I see your apathy, and I raise you Mad Men, Game of Thrones, and whatever other shows you nerds are always talking about. Not sure if it’s more about the fear of commitment for me, or the fact that most of these series just aren’t comedies. It’s not that I don’t like dramas; I’d just prefer them to be shorter than 70 some-odd episodes long.



    I’ve got an ounce of OG that makes 2 Chainz tolerable.
    No, we get it. Why watch a quality TV drama when you can just watch Half Baked again. And again.

    Spoiler 
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6718
    Last Post: 08-08-2013, 03:17 PM
  2. Replies: 1725
    Last Post: 02-08-2008, 09:16 AM
  3. can we keep this thread alive in the PoFo?
    By Maynard the Hammer in forum Questions and Suggestions Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2006, 11:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •