Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1082 of 1459 FirstFirst ... 10771078107910801081108210831084108510861087 ... LastLast
Results 10,811 to 10,820 of 14588

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -10811
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Anyone on here happen to watch Community by chance? Ive been itching for something different and have seen comparisons between it and Arrested Development. I recall watching the pilot way back when and coming away very unimpressed. But then again, i dont think its fair to dismiss a show based on the pilot alone. Worth the time? Any particular episode suggestions to get me hooked? Vehemently warn me to avoid like we insisted with Tyler and Rescue Me?

Also, anyone catch that Cosmos show with Neil Degrasse Tyson? Howd that go?
    I've seen every episode of Community. If you watch, only watch the Dan Harmon seasons (last season was not run by Dan Harmon, but he's back this season). The fantasy eps they do like the epic paintball ones are simply outstanding TV.

I have Cosmos on my DVR but haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but everything I've read says it was outstanding.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

2. -10812
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Anyone on here happen to watch Community by chance? Ive been itching for something different and have seen comparisons between it and Arrested Development. I recall watching the pilot way back when and coming away very unimpressed. But then again, i dont think its fair to dismiss a show based on the pilot alone. Worth the time? Any particular episode suggestions to get me hooked? Vehemently warn me to avoid like we insisted with Tyler and Rescue Me?
    The first few seasons of Community are great. I stopped watched after the whole Harmon/NBC dustup. Even though he's back I haven't gone back to watching it. I wouldn't recommend any particular episodes because it's one of those shows where you have to watch a few to get the hang of it's style and energy before you start to appreciate it. Pointing out this episode or that would probably just ruin that episode for you.

I actually really liked the first season of Rescue Me, for what it's worth. After that, not so much.

I liked it. It was a bit "light", in my opinion. Especially compared to something like Through the Wormhole. But it's pitched at the level of "lay people", for lack of a better term, and we need shows like that. Top notch production values, though I find the computer graphics stuff a bit hokey even when it's done well. I never really watched the original so I can't speak to how well it's carried on that spirit, even though the episode was written by Sagan's widow and she apparently wrote the originals. Tyson doesn't seem particularly comfortable yet. He's better being off the cuff, imo. Though I suppose he could improve. I'll record and watch at least the next two.

Big ups to Seth McFarlane of all people for putting up the money to get it on the air, btw.
    Quote Quote  

3. -10813
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    The first few seasons of Community are great. I stopped watched after the whole Harmon/NBC dustup. Even though he's back I haven't gone back to watching it. I wouldn't recommend any particular episodes because it's one of those shows where you have to watch a few to get the hang of it's style and energy before you start to appreciate it. Pointing out this episode or that would probably just ruin that episode for you.

I actually really liked the first season of Rescue Me, for what it's worth. After that, not so much.

I liked it. It was a bit "light", in my opinion. Especially compared to something like Through the Wormhole. But it's pitched at the level of "lay people", for lack of a better term, and we need shows like that. Top notch production values, though I find the computer graphics stuff a bit hokey even when it's done well. I never really watched the original so I can't speak to how well it's carried on that spirit, even though the episode was written by Sagan's widow and she apparently wrote the originals. Tyson doesn't seem particularly comfortable yet. He's better being off the cuff, imo. Though I suppose he could improve. I'll record and watch at least the next two.

Big ups to Seth McFarlane of all people for putting up the money to get it on the air, btw.
    Quote Quote  

4. -10814
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    I love this season of community so far. The last episode was great. Night and day difference with Harmon back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Quote  

5. -10815
    Super Moderator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aberdeen
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Arsenal shield
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    Watch it before it gets taken down
    Good find Rob, i needed that............
    Quote Quote  

6. -10816
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Broncos are unloading the chamber. Can't blame Elway, but he's gonna have to pay the piper once Peyton retires.

Quote Originally Posted by Spesh
    Sh1t, I missed it. I'll have to find a stream online somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalnut
    I never really watched the original so I can't speak to how well it's carried on that spirit

They're on youtube. Go watch now. Billions and billions.
    Quote Quote  

7. -10817
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COphinphan89 View Post
    Yeah, part of what was odd watching the show was how transparent they were in not trying to offended the religious. Mentioning Mohammed, Moses, the Buddha and Jesus by name (the latter a few times), the way they handled Filipo Bruno's story, the notion that the Big Bang "sounds crazy". I mean, I realize there are studies out there that show that religious people on the whole score worse (in some cases much worse) on tests of scientific knowledge than people who aren't religious, but at some point you're going to annoy your base science crowd with too many asides aimed at the peanut gallery.
    Quote Quote  

8. -10818
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So it looks like im going to have to catch up on Community, thanks. And heard about the Harmon flare up, cant imagine watching the season he was gone for. Cant imagine watching it sober at least.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Agreed, it had a lot of promise. I actually enjoyed the first few seasons, though it progressively ground away at me. Out of curiosity i read up on the final season, to see if they resolved any of the loose threads they floated around. From my understanding, what they decided to focus on was....Tommy's drinking, fighting off retirement, whatever horrifying personal disaster they throw at his face just for the sake of throwing it at his face. So basically, the answer to my curiosity was: a whole lot of no.

I cant figure out what television trope i despise more: shows that turn towards hurting the main character repeatedly instead of coming up with creative ideas or comedies that turn to physical humor or gags when they run out of humorous stories/jokes.
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

9. -10819
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hickey signed a good tackle, decent defensive tackle. He also resigned Grimes and Starks. I don't see a troll thread from any of the members of Team Douchebag™ stating how great of a GM Hickey is.

I'm disappointed. For shame, Team Douchebag™, for shame.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10820
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by finomenal View Post
    Hickey signed a good tackle, decent defensive tackle. He also resigned Grimes and Starks. I don't see a troll thread from any of the members of Team Douchebag™ stating how great of a GM Hickey is.

I'm disappointed. For shame, Team Douchebag™, for shame.
    Overpaid for a decent, aging, injury-prone OT and made the no-brainer move of re-signing Grimes. I'll wait and see what he does with the rest of FA, the draft, and see how his players perform before jerking off to the job he's done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote