Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1105 of 1506 FirstFirst ... 11001101110211031104110511061107110811091110 ... LastLast
Results 11,041 to 11,050 of 15052

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

  1. -11041
    Harry_Bagpipe's Avatar
    Archibald Meatpants

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,970
    vCash:
    6893
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    Too late.

    you voted for hoops already?
    Quote Quote  

  2. -11042
    PhinsPhan11's Avatar
    Phins & Philly Sports

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2009
    Posts:
    12,356
    vCash:
    6466
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Dear pofo friends, members of Team Douchebag and any of the other jolly assholes who populate these parts: I know you're eager to vote for me. Beyond eager, you're absolutely dripping with anticipation. However, I ask you to do something that must seem impossible... hold your votes for me vs. hooshoops for at least a little while. When we vote early it creates a big lead and I think motivates fence sitters and other undesirables to vote for that villainous swine known as whoever-I'm-up-against.

    Thank you, and may Xenu Bless America.
    I will hold my vote for you as long as you do the same for me. I think I can actually win my matchup, but it will be close. You should win your matchup, but it will also be close.

    Quote Quote  

  3. -11043
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    8,657
    vCash:
    33369
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinsPhan11 View Post
    I will hold my vote for you as long as you do the same for me. I think I can actually win my matchup, but it will be close. You should win your matchup, but it will also be close.
    I will hold onto my vote like I hold onto my balls: often and for dear life.


    Quote Quote  

  4. -11044
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Ghost

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,619
    vCash:
    12339
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COphinphan89 View Post
    I always thought he would have been a good character for the show just because he was so creepy, but yeah Shireen singing what appears to be an amalgamation of his songs was a nice touch.
    All I know is that I'm hoping they get Viva Bianca to play Val. She is ridiculous and at least one of the female characters should be as hot as they are described in the books (which the show has pretty much failed at so far with the exception of Dany and possibly Margery Tyrell).

    Valandui's Weekly Music Video

    Black Crown Initiate: Withering Waves
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlqJA1Rteio
    Quote Quote  

  5. -11045
    COphinphan89's Avatar
    Ours is the fury.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    5,211
    vCash:
    5121
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    All I know is that I'm hoping they get Viva Bianca to play Val. She is ridiculous and at least one of the female characters should be as hot as they are described in the books (which the show has pretty much failed at so far with the exception of Dany and possibly Margery Tyrell).
    I don't know if Val will be on the show either.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -11046
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Ghost

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,619
    vCash:
    12339
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COphinphan89 View Post
    I don't know if Val will be on the show either.
    True, but I still stand by my point. Arianne better be stupid hot too. I also think Alan Tudyk would be an awesome Jon Connington and Ray Stevenson would be great as Victarion.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -11047
    Spesh's Avatar
    Fat Kid

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    8,025
    vCash:
    2417
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Dear pofo friends, members of Team Douchebag and any of the other jolly assholes who populate these parts: I know you're eager to vote for me. Beyond eager, you're absolutely dripping with anticipation. However, I ask you to do something that must seem impossible... hold your votes for me vs. hooshoops for at least a little while. When we vote early it creates a big lead and I think motivates fence sitters and other undesirables to vote for that villainous swine known as whoever-I'm-up-against.

    Thank you, and may Xenu Bless America.
    Ugh, whoops, should have checked this section before voting earlier. Congrats on winning my vote at least?

    Anyways, i havent seen the video yet but this apparently happened:

    It was a scene that plays out in many minor hockey leagues, where shots to the chin are as frequent as shots on goal: The Federal Hockey League’s Matt Puntureri of the Danville Dashers and Jesse Felton of the Dayton Demonz – the ‘Z’ is no doubt because they’re EXTREME – skating away from a faceoff to center ice, where the spotlight would fall on their fight.

    They skated around. They removed equipment. But at the moment when fists would typically start flying, the complete opposite happened:

    Puntureri hugged Felton.

    Then he removed a can of beer from his pants, had a sip and flashed a peace sign at the benches.

    “I don’t know what that was in his jersey, but he pulled it out and he drank it.” This might be our favorite play-by-play quote of the season.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...173918320.html
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

  8. -11048
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    20,859
    vCash:
    20709
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Is auto-tune the worst thing ever invented in music? I'm starting to believe it is, simply because of its longevity. ****ty rappers will put out entire albums of it. Pretty much every day that I walk through my neighborhood, I hear dummies blasting their own music from their cars (you can tell it's their own by the horrible sound quality and generally ****tiness of it all) and 99% of the time it's auto-tune. Congrats, you literally made yourself sound like everybody else; and by everybody else, I mean Stephen Hawking.

    Now, I actually like a lot of hip hop. But not this garbage.





    Quote Quote  

  9. -11049
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Ghost

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,619
    vCash:
    12339
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Is auto-tune the worst thing ever invented in music? I'm starting to believe it is, simply because of its longevity. ****ty rappers will put out entire albums of it. Pretty much every day that I walk through my neighborhood, I hear dummies blasting their own music from their cars (you can tell it's their own by the horrible sound quality and generally ****tiness of it all) and 99% of the time it's auto-tune. Congrats, you literally made yourself sound like everybody else; and by everybody else, I mean Stephen Hawking.

    Now, I actually like a lot of hip hop. But not this garbage.
    The only people I thought did it well were Cynic, but even then I thought it kind of took away from the music despite it being a stylistic fit. I also kind of feel like it can be effective in spots, but not if overused.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -11050
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    8,657
    vCash:
    33369
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Is auto-tune the worst thing ever invented in music? I'm starting to believe it is, simply because of its longevity. ****ty rappers will put out entire albums of it. Pretty much every day that I walk through my neighborhood, I hear dummies blasting their own music from their cars (you can tell it's their own by the horrible sound quality and generally ****tiness of it all) and 99% of the time it's auto-tune. Congrats, you literally made yourself sound like everybody else; and by everybody else, I mean Stephen Hawking.

    Now, I actually like a lot of hip hop. But not this garbage.
    You hear it now as a stylistic thing -- unfortunately -- but I'm so old school I don't know how I feel about it being used clear up even little mistakes and tone fluctuations -- not just in singing but in guitars or other instruments -- which apparently is absolutely ubiquitous... a no brainer.

    To compress a very long story, I once spent an evening at Groovemaster Studios -- which is run by a producer named Johnny K (Disturbed, 3 Doors Down) -- in Chicago. A buddy of mine ran a studio in Chicago at the time, and a group of engineers and studio owners went down to hang out for a night at the studio as it was being built. I didn't and still don't give two ****s about Disturbed or 3 Doors Down but it ended up being a pretty cool experience because the guy owns the whole building, which is at least five or six very tall stories and the site of an old beer warehouse. As I recall he had one smallish studio built (smallish for him at least, it would be hard to overstate the size of this place) but was working on the main one and had plans to turn other floors and areas into living spaces for bands, a music school, a gym and a bunch of other ****. Oh, and he had a 1930s Cadillac lifted by crane to the top floor and then knocked a hole in the side of the building so he could have it brought in (just so bands could listen to mixes inside of the car). It was kind of mind blowing, like going to recording studio NASA.

    Anyway, my buddy, being an even bigger "bring back tape and vinyl" nostalgia dork than me, asked Johnny K about those kind of standard Pro Tool fixes, whether anything is lost when you refine things that much. And Johnny's basic response was that not doing that makes a record sound old. That sound -- that looseness, the "errors" -- is what makes old records sound old.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6718
    Last Post: 08-08-2013, 03:17 PM
  2. Replies: 1716
    Last Post: 02-04-2008, 03:37 PM
  3. can we keep this thread alive in the PoFo?
    By Maynard the Hammer in forum Questions and Suggestions Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2006, 11:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •