Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1107 of 2845 FirstFirst ... 11021103110411051106110711081109111011111112 ... LastLast
Results 11,061 to 11,070 of 28441

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

  1. -11061
    Valandui's Avatar
    Lumberjack Batman
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    10,233
    vCash:
    18828
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinsPhan11 View Post
    You're only down a couple votes, and I haven't voted on that or any other. I'll probably do that tomorrow.

    And barring some miracle, it looks like I'm going to get knocked out this round.
    True, but it just seems interesting that when I was sitting at work leaving it alone I went up a few votes. When I came home and started trying again I went down.

    Valandui's Weekly Music Video

    Borknagar:
    Winter Thrice
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDrrKv2wjvk
    Quote Quote  

  2. -11062
    Valandui's Avatar
    Lumberjack Batman
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    10,233
    vCash:
    18828
    Well, that was fun while it lasted. Maybe if I go back to not trying I'll catch up.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -11063
    PhinsPhan11's Avatar
    Phins & Philly Sports
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2009
    Posts:
    12,545
    vCash:
    34125
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    Well, that was fun while it lasted. Maybe if I go back to not trying I'll catch up.
    At least you're only down 4 votes, I'm getting it up the ass against Daytona. He has some good following because now I'm down 13.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -11064
    Valandui's Avatar
    Lumberjack Batman
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    10,233
    vCash:
    18828
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinsPhan11 View Post
    At least you're only down 4 votes, I'm getting it up the ass against Daytona. He has some good following because now I'm down 13.
    I voted for you if it helps.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -11065
    PhinsPhan11's Avatar
    Phins & Philly Sports
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2009
    Posts:
    12,545
    vCash:
    34125
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    I voted for you if it helps.
    Thanks. At least someone did. I had a feeling that I wasn't going to win when my matchup was with Daytona. Oh well.

    I've been holding off my vote in your matchup, but barring some change it doesn't look like my vote will be much of a difference.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -11066
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    14,869
    vCash:
    41365
    Loc:
    Room 101
    I see Lou has been caught in Zounds' dastardly web.



    I was once a normal kid
    Till the Devil came down and flipped my lid
    He gave me a switchblade and he gave me a muse
    Then he vomited acid all over my shoes
    Quote Quote  

  7. -11067
    LouPhinFan's Avatar
    It's ok to say "I don't know".
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2006
    Posts:
    7,332
    vCash:
    25388
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Cap's shield
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    I see Lou has been caught in Zounds' dastardly web.
    Ah the worst. I mean that guy can't see the forest for the trees.
    Enjoy your burrito.

    Quote Quote  

  8. -11068
    Spesh's Avatar
    #freespesh
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    10,956
    vCash:
    8481
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    I'm going to catch it On Demand tonight. To be fair HIMYM was a really good show for the first 5 or 6 seasons. The writing got pretty stale after that and the show should have ended at 7 seasons. But yeah, anything with Charlie Sheen in it has been borderline unwatchable garbage.
    I actually watched the first two seasons. Season 1 showed some promise. Season 2 was not as good but still watchable for a sitcom. I couldnt make it through season 3. The writing and creativity of it seemed to get...well, lazy, for lack of a better term. Apparently im a minority with that, as ive heard similar sentiments from others that it didnt get to **** until 7.

    I suspect my recent vehemence is because ive kept an eye on last season. I sure as hell havent watched it, but with all the damn advertisements thrown at our faces i went and read up on whats been happening. And its pretty much what i thought: overused gags, recycled storylines, outlandish/unbelievable hijinks, and relying on guest appearances(or, in this case, reoccurring characters?). I caught the controversy with the ending. I absolutely support a twist, especially one thats an extensional downer, in the service of a good story, but...well, i'll throw it in spoilers in case anyone is waiting to watch it and, subsequently, has terrible taste in everything(Walrus, avoid clicking).

    Spoiler 


    Maybe im being unfair in directing so much angst their way(and more than a few shows do the same **** they did), but as my rant indicates, they hit more than a few pet peeves.

    Anyways, you probably have already watched it by now but that Community episode was high-larious. In case you dont know, Hasbro jumped on board for it. Like...enthusiastically(apparently those were most of the original voice actors). Surprising given the content in the episode itself. None of it was necessarily scathing, but it certainly threw rocks. Community is easily at its best when its riping apart other shows and story telling devices.


    http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/cam-newton-no-respect/

    Terrorist attack count against the Anything Goes Thread: 5
    Quote Quote  

  9. -11069
    JamesBW43's Avatar
    You're standing on my neck
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2005
    Posts:
    4,509
    vCash:
    15043
    Loc:
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    I actually watched the first two seasons. Season 1 showed some promise. Season 2 was not as good but still watchable for a sitcom. I couldnt make it through season 3. The writing and creativity of it seemed to get...well, lazy, for lack of a better term. Apparently im a minority with that, as ive heard similar sentiments from others that it didnt get to **** until 7.

    I suspect my recent vehemence is because ive kept an eye on last season. I sure as hell havent watched it, but with all the damn advertisements thrown at our faces i went and read up on whats been happening. And its pretty much what i thought: overused gags, recycled storylines, outlandish/unbelievable hijinks, and relying on guest appearances(or, in this case, reoccurring characters?). I caught the controversy with the ending. I absolutely support a twist, especially one thats an extensional downer, in the service of a good story, but...well, i'll throw it in spoilers in case anyone is waiting to watch it and, subsequently, has terrible taste in everything(Walrus, avoid clicking).

    Spoiler 


    Maybe im being unfair in directing so much angst their way(and more than a few shows do the same **** they did), but as my rant indicates, they hit more than a few pet peeves.

    Anyways, you probably have already watched it by now but that Community episode was high-larious. In case you dont know, Hasbro jumped on board for it. Like...enthusiastically(apparently those were most of the original voice actors). Surprising given the content in the episode itself. None of it was necessarily scathing, but it certainly threw rocks. Community is easily at its best when its riping apart other shows and story telling devices.
    Have to disagree. It's easy to say a show should've ended with season X once you've seen the subsequent seasons. I would've gladly taken several more seasons of Firefly if the trade off would be that they were not as good as the first season. Of course there are a few exceptions where the subsequent seasons are complete abominations with no redeeming quality whatsoever (e.g. Heroes) but in general while most of my favorite shows do have a point where it would've been better from an artistic point of view for it to end earlier, I'm still glad I got some more because there was usually some good stuff in there with the bad.

    Spoiler 
    Quote Quote  

  10. -11070
    CO-Gator's Avatar
    They all float down here.
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    7,701
    vCash:
    22562
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Free HBO trial all weekend.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6718
    Last Post: 08-08-2013, 03:17 PM
  2. Replies: 1725
    Last Post: 02-08-2008, 09:16 AM
  3. can we keep this thread alive in the PoFo?
    By Maynard the Hammer in forum Questions and Suggestions Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2006, 11:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •