Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 118 of 1336 FirstFirst ... 113114115116117118119120121122123 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 13352

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -1171
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it. - Mark Twain
    Quote Quote  

2. -1172
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Quote  

3. -1173
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I'd say for the most part this is what's wrong with politics. There are too many politicians who don't really give a **** about improving the country, or their state, city, district, what have you. It's all about doing whatever it takes to get elected & all the things that come with it; it's all egomaniacal bull****. There are a few Ron Paul's that are few are far between, but for the most part it's all sociopaths & egomaniacs.

& That doesn't just go for Romney.
    Quote Quote  

4. -1174
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    This is the **** that makes me want to agree with Joe Rogan about how politicians should be required to do mushrooms.
    Quote Quote  

5. -1175
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    The first video, where he stereotyped the **** out of Obama's voting base is a little upsetting. The other two I didn't mind one way or another; he was just being truthful and talking strategy. I mean, in that respect, he just gave the Obama campaign a chunk of his strategy, so that may be a bad move, but I didn't find it particularly inflammatory. But I'm glad he has such a high opinion of who he thinks are Obama's base...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

6. -1176
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    Please do chime in. I'd love to hear another Christian's (<-- if I remember correctly) perspective on the matter.
    I just had a chance to stick my head in there. Yikes what a dumpster fire that thread is. I think I'll stay out of it.

If any of you want to hear my thoughts on creationism and what not, just ask me in this thread. I'll be happy to share.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

7. -1177
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    I just had a chance to stick my head in there. Yikes what a dumpster fire that thread is. I think I'll stay out of it.

If any of you want to hear my thoughts on creationism and what not, just ask me in this thread. I'll be happy to share.
    shoot
    Quote Quote  

8. -1178
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Meh. Lou probably doesnt even have a syllogism proving God. Not sure why we'd want to hear what he has to say when we have great theological minds like Statler to listen to.
    Quote Quote  

9. -1179
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Honestly, i find it more offensive that Romney called his consultants "highly successful" and "extraordinarily experienced". Has he been paying attention to his own ****ing campaign? Thats not completely a joke, it wouldnt surprise me if he was just making it up as he goes. Was hoping the video's would be more entertaining. No doubt Obama is going to jump all over it to futher suggest Romney is out of touch, but the entire thing had no surpises.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post

Only interested in it if it involves lots of profanity and insults to us heathens. After Statler we're not interested in calm, rational, thought provoking discussions. We need our fix.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

10. -1180
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Preface:

I'm a life long Christian. I grew up in the Assemblies of God church. I now attend, and have for several years, a non-denominational "mega" church as they're called. For those of you reading this that think religion is a load of crap, that's fine. You are free to believe how you see fit and I don't see me changing your mind. Just like you're not going to change my mind. Live and let live, cool?

I have a natural love of science and science fiction and am well versed on a number of physical science subjects. Life sciences...not so much, but a little bit.

Creationism:

Creationism is theology, it's not science theory. I am perfectly fine, as a Christian, not having it taught in science class. It simply doesn't belong there. Evolution is a science theory and belongs in science class textbooks with all of the other theories. I have no problem with it being taught, I believe in evolution myself. Charles Darwin was a lifelong devout man of God, he just said "things change". There's nothing in his theories that contradict anything in the Bible. Modern science has taken his work and turned it into the modern cross species evolution that we see today. That is what contradicts the Bible.

Young vs. Old Earth Creationism:

I'm an old Earth creationist. I'm not going begrudge young Earth creationist (YEC), they are free to believe how they see fit. The problem is see most often with YEC is that they concentrate so much on trying to prove their beliefs that they miss the greater meaning of God creating the Earth. In the end it doesn't matter if God created the Earth in 6 days or 6 billion years. The fact of the matter is God created it out of love. That's all that really matters.

I don't prescribe to YEC because the Bible simply does not say how old the Earth is. The Old Testament is basically a written history of the oral Jewish history. There are many lessons to be learn in the OT but not really many "rules" per se to live by in our modern lives. The Ten Commandments could be considered an exception to that, but really the Ten Commandments are basic moral truths. Basically don't lie, cheat, steal, or murder. Most humans live by those things to varying degrees. The Book of Proverbs has many great lessons in it; a lot of common sense stuff and you don't even have to be religious to understand them or implement them.

At this same time you simply cannot dismiss the rigorously tested methods of science. Science and religion are more alike that many people give credit. Both of them only want the truth. I think of science as the understanding the way that God does or did something. Its been hashed over, especially in that thread, that there is no proving or disproving the existence of God. Basically only God and prove or disprove himself. The findings of science in relation to the age of the Earth and the Universe are tested and stand up to the test. If the Bible doesn't say exactly how old the Earth is then it can't really be counted on to be the final say on that subject.

I think YEC waste a lot of time and resources defending a position that in the grand scheme of things doesn't matter. My salvation through Jesus doesn't depend on how long I think it really took God to create all that we know. I think about the Creation Museum about an hour from my house and I think what a waste of money. The money it cost to build and maintain it could be put to much better use caring for the sick, elderly, and poor. That's what Jesus commanded, along with spreading the word.

I think that about covers it. I may have left a few thoughts out, I'm kinda tired (I stayed up too late last night watching the Falcons - Broncos game).

If any of you have any questions about how I feel, as a Christian, about certain subjects then ask away. I'll do my best to make my answers clear and concise. Just keep the name calling and ridicule to a minimum.
    Quote Quote