Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 124 of 1462 FirstFirst ... 119120121122123124125126127128129 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 14613

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -1231
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    When Ireland took him #1 overall I'm guessing he was anticipating paying him top Left-Tackle money. I think it'd be extremely short-sighted & an indictment against Ireland to take someone #1 overall and not expect to eventually pay them as one of the top guys at their respective position. I'd wouldn't be opposed to him getting somewhere in the neighborhood of a 7 year, 75-80 million dollar incentive-laden contract based on things like games played and pro-bowls made. I think the most likely scenario is he's probably gonna get franchised & we'll revisit his contract situation a year from now.
    Yea, with his play so far this year plus all the recent injuries (the two of which are very related Im sure), you almost have to franchise him or let him walk.

I see what youre saying about expecting to have to pay a guy you too #1. Not gonna argue that one. Id just simply say I dont think an OT is worth the #1 overall pick most years.

Quote Quote  

2. -1232
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Long got his contract because of the ****ed up way rookies were paid up until the scale we have now.
    Quote Quote  

3. -1233
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    When Ireland took him #1 overall I'm guessing he was anticipating paying him top Left-Tackle money. I think it'd be extremely short-sighted & an indictment against Ireland to take someone #1 overall and not expect to eventually pay them as one of the top guys at their respective position. I'd wouldn't be opposed to him getting somewhere in the neighborhood of a 7 year, 75-80 million dollar incentive-laden contract based on things like games played and pro-bowls made. I think the most likely scenario is he's probably gonna get franchised & we'll revisit his contract situation a year from now.
    The argument of whether a left tackle is a worthy investment is one that should have been over 5 years ago. But this is Finheaven and so we continue beating that dead horse. Personally, i view it much like you do, this is a good player who we took number 1 and has largely lived up to his draft postion by being one of the top 2 best at his position. To let him walk on the principle that "offensive lineman shouldnt be drafted first overall" is a hideous reason to let a talented player leave. Its done with, it happened, dont let someone that talented leave, even if you have to overpay.

One fact that is overlooked in this is: most of the teams in the league DO reserve 1/5th of their salary cap for a single player. That player just happens to be the quarterback position. Lucky for us, we dont have to worry about that for another 2-3 years. Thats another 2-3 years we can have Long locked up and happy. At that point if we have a salary problem we can attempt to restructure Long's contract.

This team is so devoid of talent that its unbelievable people are eager to let Long walk. I get it, i certainly havent held back about how ****ed up our team building philosophy is. We simply dont understand the importance of certain positions and their draft value. We are kneejerk and reactionary. I get it. But we are in the situation we are in. Lock up your best player even if it means 3 years from now we might be hurting. With how quickly you can build contenders, in 3 years we might be close to a superbowl and players would be eager to stay and work with us.
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

4. -1234
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    One more thing, I said a 7 year deal before going on Joe Thomas' deal, but Joe Thomas signed his contract last year when he was 26; which would have his contract expiring at 33. Jake is currently 27, whether we sign him this year, or franchise him & sign him next year, a 4-5 year deal would make a lot more sense for Jake. I also wouldn't be opposed to front-loading the first two or three years of the contract ala Mojo Drew.

If he walks, I think it'd be setting a precedent in NFL history where you take a guy so high, he makes the pro-bowl 4 of his first 5 years, and you let him walk for absolutely nothing.
    Quote Quote  

5. -1235
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    TheWalrus, stop making such good posts, your soaking up all my thanks. Bastard.

I know i can be critical in some of my rebuttles on the main pofo forum, but good ****ing god, i cant be the only one who see's how absurd it is to ask people to listen to a 3 hour 100 point lecture on how bad Obama is and expect people to take that as some reasonable request.
    Quote Quote  

6. -1236
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post

I know i can be critical in some of my rebuttles on the main pofo forum, but good ****ing god, i cant be the only one who see's how absurd it is to ask people to listen to a 3 hour 100 point lecture on how bad Obama is and expect people to take that as some reasonable request.
    Plus, you guys need to stop researching all the ways liberals are cool and conservatives drool...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

7. -1237
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Plus, you guys need to stop researching all the ways liberals are cool and conservatives drool...
    Its a difficult cycle to break. We are so used to spending hours slaving over research just to prove a single conservative inconsistency. That 15 second google search is much more time consuming than a brisk 3 hour lecture.
    Quote Quote  

8. -1238
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

You're not. Anyone willing to listen to that isn't voting for Obama, anyway. Nor do I expect they keep wiping their ass until all the ****'s gone.

Thanks for the kind words, though.

Asshat.
    Quote Quote  

9. -1239
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Its a difficult cycle to break. We are so used to spending hours slaving over research just to prove a single conservative inconsistency. That 15 second google search is much more time consuming than a brisk 3 hour lecture.
    I didn't even open thread. I knew it was going to be a **** show anyway it played out so I liken it to perusing Gang Green, why torment yourself with that much anguish?
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

10. -1240
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    I didn't even open thread. I knew it was going to be a **** show anyway it played out so I liken it to perusing Gang Green, why torment yourself with that much anguish?
    0 chance im watching any of his links. But its worth checking the thread just to see what people can talk themselves into believing is "fair" or "reasonable". Even got in a victim routine just for good measure.
    Quote Quote