Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1283 of 2907 FirstFirst ... 12781279128012811282128312841285128612871288 ... LastLast
Results 12,821 to 12,830 of 29065

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -12821
    Starter
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Indianapolis, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    So, does the Supreme Court ruling mean I can pick and choose what laws I follow and/or what taxes I pay, or is it only a corporate being's right?
    I haven't read the actual ruling yet, what are the highlights? Personally, I thought it was stupid and arrogant to include the contraceptive mandate in the first place. Why would contraceptives be special above all other drugs? Political grandstanding, that's why.

They should have just said that insurers have to cover all FDA approved prescription drugs and can't cherry pick which classes to ignore. That would benefit all people and not instigate political chaos. You can tell a politician wrote this crap and not someone who actually knows anything about healthcare.

I have what would be considered a "Cadillac" healthcare plan but I personally have to pay over $300 a month for an Rx that Aetna chose not to cover because they consider it an infertility drug though that is not why I use it. My wife had a hysterectomy so kids are out of the question. Why is this not covered but it is critical to cover contraceptives at 100%? This whole healthcare mess is all political bull **** that is really not benefiting anyone.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12822
    Perennial All-Pro
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    So, does the Supreme Court ruling mean I can pick and choose what laws I follow and/or what taxes I pay, or is it only a corporate being's right?
    I think a lot of companies found Jesus today.
    Quote Quote  

3. -12823
    Administrator
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fat City
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Ye Gods! I just found an ancient scroll behind my refrigerator! I couldn't translate the text, which I assume is a long dead language (thanks Nimrod! You dickface.), but luckily, God spoke to me through a half empty tube of toothpaste and translated it for me! Here are the New Commandments (sadly, they only apply to me, which saves me the trouble of having to "spread the word"):

1) Thou shalt not pay interest on any student loans.
    2) Thou shalt not obey speed limits for they are an abomination against thy Lord.
    3) Thou shalt not recognize a minimum wage for thy employees. Free labor is good for thy workers' souls.
    4) Future revelations may be made without notice and may apply to future laws my Prophet, Gonzo, doth not liketh.

So sayeth the lord. Better get my lawyers on this.

Quote Quote  

4. -12824
    Perennial All-Pro
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    If you see anyone eating belgian waffles make sure you report them to the authorities as a traitor.
    Quote Quote  

5. -12825
    Administrator
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fat City
    Hydra logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    I haven't read the actual ruling yet, what are the highlights? Personally, I thought it was stupid and arrogant to include the contraceptive mandate in the first place. Why would contraceptives be special above all other drugs? Political grandstanding, that's why.

They should have just said that insurers have to cover all FDA approved prescription drugs and can't cherry pick which classes to ignore. That would benefit all people and not instigate political chaos. You can tell a politician wrote this crap and not someone who actually knows anything about healthcare.

I have what would be considered a "Cadillac" healthcare plan but I personally have to pay over $300 a month for an Rx that Aetna chose not to cover because they consider it an infertility drug though that is not why I use it. My wife had a hysterectomy so kids are out of the question. Why is this not covered but it is critical to cover contraceptives at 100%? This whole healthcare mess is all political bull **** that is really not benefiting anyone.
    I agree regarding FDA approved drugs, but this is clearly much bigger than contraception. First off, this acknowledges that companies may have "religious beliefs" and may impose those beliefs on its workers. Second, it allows companies to cherry pick which parts of laws they wish to follow based on the company's "religious beliefs." As Ginsberg noted:

"Would the exemption…extend to employers with religiously grounded objections to blood transfusions (Jehovah's Witnesses); antidepressants (Scientologists); medications derived from pigs, including anesthesia, intravenous fluids, and pills coated with gelatin (certain Muslims, Jews, and Hindus); and vaccinations[Christian Scientists among others]…Not much help there for the lower courts bound by today's decision."
    http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2014...uling-document
    Quote Quote  

6. -12826
    Administrator
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fat City
    Hydra logo
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhankey81701 View Post
    If you see anyone eating belgian waffles make sure you report them to the authorities as a traitor.
    Eating Belgian waffles between June 30, 2014 and July 1, 2014 is an abomination punishable by burning at the stake and/or severe taunting. Anti-murder laws do not apply because these are my deeply held religious beliefs. So sayeth the Lord o' thy Rings.
    Quote Quote  

7. -12827
    It's ok to say "I don't know".
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Cap's shield
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhankey81701 View Post
    I own a belgian waffle maker but haven't used it in a couple of years. Am I safe?
    Enjoy your burrito.

Quote Quote  

8. -12828
    Perennial All-Pro
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    I own a belgian waffle maker but haven't used it in a couple of years. Am I safe?
    Thats fine as long as you don't use it until after Team America kicks some Euro trash ass.

I really hate soccer, but this world cup thing is starting to grow on me. Anything that encourages national pride, and day drinking is alright by me.
    Quote Quote  

9. -12829
    #freespesh
    WPA:
    vCash:
    I agree regarding FDA approved drugs, but this is clearly much bigger than contraception. First off, this acknowledges that companies may have "religious beliefs" and may impose those beliefs on its workers. Second, it allows companies to cherry pick which parts of laws they wish to follow based on the company's "religious beliefs." As Ginsberg noted:

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2014...uling-document
    This is the type of ruling thats going to keep getting more and more ridiculous as the years go on. You just know other companies are salivating at the prospect of running another lawsuit up the chain in order to get a favorable ruling due to "precedence".

I mostly agree with the FDA approved drug thing as well, but felt the need to ask: does anyone know if the FDA recognizes contraceptive's other medicinal benefits? Obviously they approved it for birth control reasons, but have they officially approved of its use to prevent cramping and other problems? If i recall correctly it took them something like a decade to recognize Tylenol's fever reducing properties(which is not to say doctors didnt still prescribe it for the purpose, for reasons of common sense). Cue HoneyB swooping in on 3...2...1...
    Quote Quote  

10. -12830
    Starter
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Indianapolis, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    This is the type of ruling thats going to keep getting more and more ridiculous as the years go on. You just know other companies are salivating at the prospect of running another lawsuit up the chain in order to get a favorable ruling due to "precedence".

I mostly agree with the FDA approved drug thing as well, but felt the need to ask: does anyone know if the FDA recognizes contraceptive's other medicinal benefits? Obviously they approved it for birth control reasons, but have they officially approved of its use to prevent cramping and other problems? If i recall correctly it took them something like a decade to recognize Tylenol's fever reducing properties(which is not to say doctors didnt still prescribe it for the purpose, for reasons of common sense). Cue HoneyB swooping in on 3...2...1...
    The way I look at it, if the drug is FDA approved, it should be covered unless it is available over the counter. It should be up to you and your doctor to chose off-label or secondary uses. The insurers could chose to contract specific drugs as formulary or generic but they should all be covered. Our politicians failed us miserably here and ultimately, less will be covered but they will have tons of political ammo. I'm pissed about the whole situation.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Buddy; 06-30-2014 at 07:44 PM.
    Quote Quote