Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1315 of 1668 FirstFirst ... 13101311131213131314131513161317131813191320 ... LastLast
Results 13,141 to 13,150 of 16677

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -13141
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    I couldn't respond in-depth earlier, but if we're talking about a straight-up trade of Wiggins for Love I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'd also try and get it done before he actually starts playing some pro basketball games and the veil of being the number one overall pick hasn't been stretched too thin. I don't really know what to expect from him. He's a freakish athlete, but I don't know if he has that killer instinct to be a dominant scorer. This is a kid who had 4 points and 4 turnovers against Stanford in a tournament game. I'm fairly confident based on his athleticism alone he won't bust completely, I'd say his floor is Tayshaun Prince, but if anyone's expecting the next T-Mac or Kobe, they might be disappointed.

Cleveland's apparently set on not trading Wiggins, though. If I'm the T-Wolves I'm laughing at this trade offer. I'd much rather have Harrison Barnes, Clay Thompson, David Lee, and a few draft picks from the Warriors.
    Even before putting on a Cavs uniform, hes already their second best defender. He'll get his minutes based on that even as a rookie. I know his apparent lack of killer instincts and his troubling stats scared off some teams, but his athleticism translates well to the NBA. I saw some people compare him to Russell Westbrook before the draft. I dont know about that but if hes in the same ballpark then i think thats more than worthy of the number 1 pick. Being more aggressive on offense is certainly something that can be learned. Having LeBron whispering in his ear will undoubtedly help. Another thing to appreciate is, by all reports, hes a genuinely good kid. He has a great attitude and is extremely coachable. And hes already shown he has no qualms about sharing the spotlight.

As well, its important to note: hes affordable. Any deal with Love is going to involve a massive contract extension. How much room does that team have going forward after giving Irving and James top deals? By no means am i suggesting that he shouldnt be had, but like hell would i give away a young, freakishly athletic player who will (most likely) immediately contribute on defense in the process. I understand the Cavs need 3 point help and theres few better in the league at the moment than Love, but if push came to shove they could fill that niche in the short term with Mike Miller and Ray Allen, both of whom have been recently chased in order to sway James.

At the end of the day, the Wolves are losing Love. Theres no scenario in which he stays. As well, they need his help to facilitate a trade, no team wants to go through what the Lakers just endured with Dwight Howard. Love seems to have his heart set on Cleveland. If im the Cavs i toss a couple first round picks in their direction, and if im Minnesota i take what i can get as long as it resembles fairness...which i admit the trade you link isnt even close to that. I didnt know that was the offer, it earned a bark of laughter. I have no doubt there are bigger 1st overall busts in NBA history, but man that Bennett pick was ****ing atrocious. Cleveland gonn' Cleveland.

Unrelated to that trade, but there was a reason why i made a point of Wiggins attitude and selflessness: Kyrie Irving. Before he signed his extension there was rumbling that Irving was tired of the Cavs and the Cavs management was tired of dealing with Irving's issues. Granted, a lot of that was dismissed after Cleveland rushed to offer him a max deal and Irving accepted on the spot(though lets face it, no 21 year old is turning down $60 million over 3 years, few people of any age would). But i cant help but wonder if that will return now that LeBron and his crew are back in charge. Previously, everything the Cavs did revolved around Irving. He was linked, even peripherally, to every personnel and coaching move the team made. Now hes going to be playing second fiddle. Nothing more than speculation, i admit, but it should be interesting nonetheless.
    Miami's Big 3 experiment worked because everyone involved was relatively selfless. If Irving is disgruntled then the Cavs might need Wiggins to be the young face of the franchise in years to come.
    Quote Quote  

2. -13142
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Admittedly I'm not that much of an NBA fan but I am interrested in our international team play.

How is Derrick Rose on the FIBA World Cup training camp roster but John Wall isn't? The guy hasn't played in 2 years. Also, are they sure they want DeMarcus Cousins on the team? I mean we don't want him starting WW III by punching a Chinese player or something.
    Nearly 70% of the Earth is covered by water...the rest is covered by Gerod Holliman.

Quote Quote  

3. -13143
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

#freespesh
    Quote Quote  

4. -13144
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Even before putting on a Cavs uniform, hes already their second best defender. He'll get his minutes based on that even as a rookie. I know his apparent lack of killer instincts and his troubling stats scared off some teams, but his athleticism translates well to the NBA. I saw some people compare him to Russell Westbrook before the draft. I dont know about that but if hes in the same ballpark then i think thats more than worthy of the number 1 pick. Being more aggressive on offense is certainly something that can be learned. Having LeBron whispering in his ear will undoubtedly help. Another thing to appreciate is, by all reports, hes a genuinely good kid. He has a great attitude and is extremely coachable. And hes already shown he has no qualms about sharing the spotlight.

As well, its important to note: hes affordable. Any deal with Love is going to involve a massive contract extension. How much room does that team have going forward after giving Irving and James top deals? By no means am i suggesting that he shouldnt be had, but like hell would i give away a young, freakishly athletic player who will (most likely) immediately contribute on defense in the process. I understand the Cavs need 3 point help and theres few better in the league at the moment than Love, but if push came to shove they could fill that niche in the short term with Mike Miller and Ray Allen, both of whom have been recently chased in order to sway James.

At the end of the day, the Wolves are losing Love. Theres no scenario in which he stays. As well, they need his help to facilitate a trade, no team wants to go through what the Lakers just endured with Dwight Howard. Love seems to have his heart set on Cleveland. If im the Cavs i toss a couple first round picks in their direction, and if im Minnesota i take what i can get as long as it resembles fairness...which i admit the trade you link isnt even close to that. I didnt know that was the offer, it earned a bark of laughter. I have no doubt there are bigger 1st overall busts in NBA history, but man that Bennett pick was ****ing atrocious. Cleveland gonn' Cleveland.

Unrelated to that trade, but there was a reason why i made a point of Wiggins attitude and selflessness: Kyrie Irving. Before he signed his extension there was rumbling that Irving was tired of the Cavs and the Cavs management was tired of dealing with Irving's issues. Granted, a lot of that was dismissed after Cleveland rushed to offer him a max deal and Irving accepted on the spot(though lets face it, no 21 year old is turning down $60 million over 3 years, few people of any age would). But i cant help but wonder if that will return now that LeBron and his crew are back in charge. Previously, everything the Cavs did revolved around Irving. He was linked, even peripherally, to every personnel and coaching move the team made. Now hes going to be playing second fiddle. Nothing more than speculation, i admit, but it should be interesting nonetheless.
    Miami's Big 3 experiment worked because everyone involved was relatively selfless. If Irving is disgruntled then the Cavs might need Wiggins to be the young face of the franchise in years to come.
    The kid's an absolute dynamo of an athlete, that's for certain.

I have no doubt he'll be a lockdown defender for years to come, but I wonder as to whether or not he'll ever be a difference maker offensively (and that's where you make your money in this league). Right now I think you could argue he's a liability offensively. I just don't know that he ever turns into a T-Mac, or Kobe level scorer. I think he relies on his athleticism too much to score, and at other times he's inexplicably passive. Jabari was light-years ahead of him offensively, but obviously is nowhere near the athlete.

You are right about the salary. That's the biggest hold up. You'd probably need a third team, and then you'd have to dump about sixteen million in salary at the very least unless you're okay with paying the luxury. Of their movable pieces, Varejao makes close to ten mil, Bennett 5.5, Wiggins 5.5, Thompson 5, and Waiters 4. If I could move Varejao, Wiggins, and Bennet for a twenty-five year old Kevin Love then I'd still do it. I believe Wiggins is the essential piece in a Love trade. If there's no Wiggins, I'd rather just go grab Thompson, Barnes, and some draft picks from the Warriors.

LBJ will be thirty years old about half way through next season. If I'm the Cavs, I want to strike while the iron is hot. I wouldn't be too crazy about waiting three or four years for this nineteen year old kid to develop while LeBron fades into his twilight years. Love gives them a better chance at winning championships over the course of the next five or six years. It might not be the most courageous trade, but if I'm a GM I want the surefire all-star over the 19 y/o crap-shoot.
    Quote Quote  

5. -13145
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ladies and gentlemen, the next coach of our Miami Dolphins!

Quote Quote  

6. -13146
    cowboy surfer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks

Superstar
    Quote Quote  

7. -13147
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Marriage: Not Even Once

Quote Quote  

8. -13148
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    The kid's an absolute dynamo of an athlete, that's for certain.

I have no doubt he'll be a lockdown defender for years to come, but I wonder as to whether or not he'll ever be a difference maker offensively (and that's where you make your money in this league). Right now I think you could argue he's a liability offensively. I just don't know that he ever turns into a T-Mac, or Kobe level scorer. I think he relies on his athleticism too much to score, and at other times he's inexplicably passive. Jabari was light-years ahead of him offensively, but obviously is nowhere near the athlete.

You are right about the salary. That's the biggest hold up. You'd probably need a third team, and then you'd have to dump about sixteen million in salary at the very least unless you're okay with paying the luxury. Of their movable pieces, Varejao makes close to ten mil, Bennett 5.5, Wiggins 5.5, Thompson 5, and Waiters 4. If I could move Varejao, Wiggins, and Bennet for a twenty-five year old Kevin Love then I'd still do it. I believe Wiggins is the essential piece in a Love trade. If there's no Wiggins, I'd rather just go grab Thompson, Barnes, and some draft picks from the Warriors.

LBJ will be thirty years old about half way through next season. If I'm the Cavs, I want to strike while the iron is hot. I wouldn't be too crazy about waiting three or four years for this nineteen year old kid to develop while LeBron fades into his twilight years. Love gives them a better chance at winning championships over the course of the next five or six years. It might not be the most courageous trade, but if I'm a GM I want the surefire all-star over the 19 y/o crap-shoot.
    Never saw that video, good stuff.

As well, i agree that it would be in Minnesota's best interest to trade Love for Klay Thompson and others...but from what ive heard they werent receptive about that. Kerr wants to keep the roster as it is. And i cant recall Kevin Love expressing an opinion on resigning with the Warriors. If he refuses in order to try and join Cleveland(either this year or next) then that trade is sunk.

I understand the need to compete immediately but i just cant see the Cavs succeeding where Miami failed. We had so many factors(an established coach, unselfish stars who had played together in other settings like the Olympics, players with Finals experience) in our favor while playing arguably the easiest of our 4 Final's opponents and, obviously, just couldnt pull it off. With a new coach, an arguably tougher West, an unstable owner, potential personality problems, and a roster with a lot of talent but little experience, i just cant see the Cavs having a chance of getting a ring next year. No matter what they do they will need two or three years. With that in mind, i keep the long term perspective in focus, though i know Love(being merely 25) is hardly a short term "fix". If Wiggins doesnt show up, then its unfortunate but at least they got a solid defensive player. If he does play up to his athleticism, they have one of the best players in the league and a solid heir apparent to James as the face of the franchise.
    LeBron better have meant it when he said it was about coming home, because its going to be a few years before that team is firing on all cylinders...which is why he should have signed a 2 year deal with us.

Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    Admittedly I'm not that much of an NBA fan but I am interrested in our international team play.

How is Derrick Rose on the FIBA World Cup training camp roster but John Wall isn't? The guy hasn't played in 2 years. Also, are they sure they want DeMarcus Cousins on the team? I mean we don't want him starting WW III by punching a Chinese player or something.
    Ive been rolling my eyes at the assumption all offseason that Wade is totally washed up but Rose is perfectly fine. Granted, theres a fair chance thats the case, but i refuse to bet on Rose. The last time he was healthy for an entire season LeBron and Bosh still hadnt won a ring. Tony Sparano was our head coach. We had just traded for Brandon Marshall. The ****ing Tea Party was a year old!

Absurd to rely on him.
    Last edited by Spesh; 07-15-2014 at 01:22 AM.
    Quote Quote  

9. -13149
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

10. -13150
    Lumberjack Batman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well, the league has spoken. Mike Pouncey is an upstanding citizen worthy of babysitting for you once again.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Dub FX:
    Step On My Trip (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEPEleJVjOo
    Quote Quote