Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1317 of 2608 FirstFirst ... 13121313131413151316131713181319132013211322 ... LastLast
Results 13,161 to 13,170 of 26080

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

  1. -13161
    HarryBagpipe's Avatar
    Archibald Meatpants

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    6,070
    vCash:
    1871
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Snakes!Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    Not I. Even if I were inclined, I work every Tuesday.
    I'm not really inclined myself. Whilst I'm a big old school def leppard fan, I'm sure they will play all the crap I don't like.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -13162
    Spesh's Avatar
    #freespesh

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    10,202
    vCash:
    363
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    True.

    ---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

    So, apparently we'd be fools to trade the mighty Brian Hartline for Andre Johnson.

    http://www.finheaven.com/showthread....-for-A-Johnson
    :bobdole:

    Its amazing how possession receivers and headcase lineman are the heroes of this franchise. Oh, and injured running backs, cant forget:



    God forbid we ever become a competent franchise, people are going to flip their **** when they see a receiver whose fetish doesnt involve rubbing their face across grass.


    http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/cam-newton-no-respect/

    Terrorist attack count against the Anything Goes Thread: 5
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13163
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    13,555
    vCash:
    18122
    Loc:
    Room 101
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    So who will I be expecting to see at the def leppard/kiss concert this Tuesday in Palm beach
    A bunch of Harley Davidson owners who hide from their friends that they have to take ulcerative colitis medicine before they leave the house?



    I was once a normal kid
    Till the Devil came down and flipped my lid
    He gave me a switchblade and he gave me a muse
    Then he vomited acid all over my shoes
    Quote Quote  

  4. -13164
    HarryBagpipe's Avatar
    Archibald Meatpants

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    6,070
    vCash:
    1871
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Snakes!Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    A bunch of Harley Davidson owners who hide from their friends that they have to take ulcerative colitis medicine before they leave the house?
    Yeah. Pretty much. Sigh.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -13165
    rob19's Avatar
    Soul Rebel

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    8,321
    vCash:
    34177
    Loc:
    Georgia
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    So, apparently we'd be fools to trade the mighty Brian Hartline for Andre Johnson.

    http://www.finheaven.com/showthread....-for-A-Johnson
    This is right up there with that thread where everyone declined a second round pick for Hartline before the draft. For all the people belly-aching about his salary, are they aware Brian Hartline will be making close to seven and a half million dollars until the 2017 season ends? Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't dead money stick with the team who originally signed the player? So if we decide to cut him two years down the road, there's no penalty. I'll take a one or two year rental of Andre Johnson for a mediocre receiver like Hartline. For all the rumors of his demise, he did put up sixteen-hundred and fourteen-hundred yards the past two years while playing all sixteen games each season, with absolute garbage throwing him the football. He also played in 87.5% of his games over an eleven year career.

    Quote Quote  

  6. -13166
    PhinsPhan11's Avatar
    Phins & Philly Sports

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2009
    Posts:
    12,523
    vCash:
    31584
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    This is right up there with that thread where everyone declined a second round pick for Hartline before the draft. For all the people belly-aching about his salary, are they aware Brian Hartline will be making close to seven and a half million dollars until the 2017 season ends? Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't dead money stick with the team who originally signed the player? So if we decide to cut him two years down the road, there's no penalty. I'll take a one or two year rental of Andre Johnson for a mediocre receiver like Hartline. For all the rumors of his demise, he did put up sixteen-hundred and fourteen-hundred yards the past two years while playing all sixteen games each season, with absolute garbage throwing him the football. He also played in 87.5% of his games over an eleven year career.
    But, but, but how can you not like our receiver who barely cracks 1000 yards and never scores a TD, sorry 1 TD, a year?

    It just blows my mind the lengths people go to defend players on this team. I wouldn't want to pair Johnson with Mike Wallace and the other pieces on this offense. That might actually make the team competent, and god knows we don't want that anytime soon.

    Quote Quote  

  7. -13167
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    13,555
    vCash:
    18122
    Loc:
    Room 101
    The attitude of Dolphins fans toward Hartline -- first hating him, now loving him -- has always been baffling to me, especially since he is exactly the same player he was as a rookie. And I don't mean that figuratively. He has improved at nothing. In his defense he hasn't gotten worse at anything, either. He's just Hartline. Full on Hartline.

    Its too bad that Rishard Matthews and Joe Philbin don't seem to get along because Matthews should ideally be Tannehill's main target with Wallace as the big play threat. Matthews has better hands than Hartline, is more physical, has much better balance and has actually running instincts... all of which make him an actual threat to score touchdowns, rather than a threat to just get first downs.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -13168
    Valandui's Avatar
    Lumberjack Batman

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    10,227
    vCash:
    18762
    I still can't make sense of that, other than it proving that Philbin is a crap coach.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    The attitude of Dolphins fans toward Hartline -- first hating him, now loving him -- has always been baffling to me, especially since he is exactly the same player he was as a rookie. And I don't mean that figuratively. He has improved at nothing. In his defense he hasn't gotten worse at anything, either. He's just Hartline. Full on Hartline.

    Its too bad that Rishard Matthews and Joe Philbin don't seem to get along because Matthews should ideally be Tannehill's main target with Wallace as the big play threat. Matthews has better hands than Hartline, is more physical, has much better balance and has actually running instincts... all of which make him an actual threat to score touchdowns, rather than a threat to just get first downs.

    Valandui's Weekly Music Video

    Borknagar:
    Winter Thrice
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDrrKv2wjvk
    Quote Quote  

  9. -13169
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    13,555
    vCash:
    18122
    Loc:
    Room 101
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    I still can't make sense of that, other than it proving that Philbin is a crap coach.
    Even when Matthews came out there were rumors he was a bit -- shall we say -- slow. And not a great learner. He's also apparently something of an airhead who doesn't give you confidence he's always taking things to heart. Apparently Matthews and Philbin cleared the air this offseason, but we'll see if that amounts to anything.

    I hope so, because the guy can play. I'll assume that he makes a lot of mental mistakes on the field -- wrong sight adjustments, not running routes at the proper depth -- to the point where Tannehill and coaching staff might not trust him. But jeez... the talent is just so there. Get it out of him, guys. Make it a priority.

    Either that or invest in someone better than Hartline. The fact that we took Will Davis, Jelani Jenkins and Dion Sims over Quinton Patton still makes me ill.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -13170
    Spesh's Avatar
    #freespesh

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    10,202
    vCash:
    363
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Even when Matthews came out there were rumors he was a bit -- shall we say -- slow. And not a great learner. He's also apparently something of an airhead who doesn't give you confidence he's always taking things to heart. Apparently Matthews and Philbin cleared the air this offseason, but we'll see if that amounts to anything.

    I hope so, because the guy can play. I'll assume that he makes a lot of mental mistakes on the field -- wrong sight adjustments, not running routes at the proper depth -- to the point where Tannehill and coaching staff might not trust him. But jeez... the talent is just so there. Get it out of him, guys. Make it a priority.

    Either that or invest in someone better than Hartline. The fact that we took Will Davis, Jelani Jenkins and Dion Sims over Quinton Patton still makes me ill.
    With the condition of our linebacking core last season and our lack of action with that group, one fact has been repeatedly coming to mind all offseason: we took Koa Misi over NaVorro Bowman. Over and over and over again. And yes, i know we technically it was John Jerry over Bowman, but still.

    The absurdity of our situation makes me want to :bobdole: on a regular basis. Every year i see people on here boast about how we got ____ number of starters in the draft. The quality of said starter is irrelevant, just that they are starting. And, of course, these are the "real" fans who just love our team so damn much. Other than the obvious reasons for wanting a competent regime, i think its going to be fascinating to see the reaction of Dolphins fans if we start making savvy moves. Im certainly not going to miss the days when people argue we "deserve" Pouncey hurting this franchise or whatever the **** their borderline beaten spouse style arguments were.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6718
    Last Post: 08-08-2013, 04:17 PM
  2. Replies: 1725
    Last Post: 02-08-2008, 10:16 AM
  3. can we keep this thread alive in the PoFo?
    By Maynard the Hammer in forum Questions and Suggestions Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-13-2006, 12:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •