Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1318 of 3109 FirstFirst ... 13131314131513161317131813191320132113221323 ... LastLast
Results 13,171 to 13,180 of 31090

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -13171
    1/7/14
    QBWinz:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Room 101
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    With the condition of our linebacking core last season and our lack of action with that group, one fact has been repeatedly coming to mind all offseason: we took Koa Misi over NaVorro Bowman. Over and over and over again. And yes, i know we technically it was John Jerry over Bowman, but still.

The absurdity of our situation makes me want to on a regular basis. Every year i see people on here boast about how we got ____ number of starters in the draft. The quality of said starter is irrelevant, just that they are starting. And, of course, these are the "real" fans who just love our team so damn much. Other than the obvious reasons for wanting a competent regime, i think its going to be fascinating to see the reaction of Dolphins fans if we start making savvy moves. Im certainly not going to miss the days when people argue we "deserve" Pouncey hurting this franchise or whatever the **** their borderline beaten spouse style arguments were.
    As I recall Bowman was a DE or some kind of pass rusher in college. The fact that he's made the transition to inside linebacker is rare and impressive. And what makes it all the more impressive is that his key attribute is his pass coverage. Not to many guys can pick that up this late. One of the reasons San Fran's defense is so good is that they can stay in their base defense when other teams might go to nickel and go to nickel when other teams have to go to the dime. That's what having NaVorro Bowman does for them.

I can't think of too many other college defensive linemen who've become standout inside linebackers. Lots of those guys become outside linebackers. Not too many end up inside. Matt Millen is the first that jumps to mind. He went from DT to MLB as a rookie with Oakland and won the Super Bowl, if memory serves. Coincidentally, Koa Misi is trying to become another. Though I think what Coyle sees in Misi is not a coverage backer but a hyper aggressive downfield type in the Rey Maualuga mold.

Edit: went back and read a little bit and Bowman was actually a 4-3 outside linebacker known for his speed and pass rushing ability. He wasn't a defensive lineman. Oh, well. That's not nearly as difficult a transition, though he's done well to make himself bigger to take on guards in a 3-4.

Why, I can smile, and murder while I smile,
    And cry 'Content' to that which grieves my heart,
    And wet my cheeks with artificial tears,
    And frame my face to all occasions.
    I can add colours to the chameleon,
    Change shapes with Proteus for advantages,
    And set the murderous Machiavel to school.
    Can I do this, and cannot get a crown?
    Quote Quote  

2. -13172
    More Smug than Birthday Dog
    QBWinz:
    vCash:
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    So who will I be expecting to see at the def leppard/kiss concert this Tuesday in Palm beach
    My dad. Him and a few of his buddies from back in the day are flying over for it. One of them is a pilot.

Im sure he will have fun, but the fact that its drawing a lot of people similar to my dad tells me I dont want to be anywhere close.

Quote Quote  

3. -13173
    More Smug than Birthday Dog
    QBWinz:
    vCash:
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    Are we entirely sure he didn't break off a chunk of the reef while he was down there? Tyler we need confirmation. Did he or did he not have a softball size chunk of coral reef in his hand?
    I didnt personally see it, but I cant say for sure it didnt happen. Gonna need to pop in the tapes.
    Quote Quote  

4. -13174
    Widerstand
    QBWinz:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Not the US!
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 01:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Wow, a "Daniel Thomas is actually good" thread before preseason. They're getting an early start.
    Last call for alcohol.

Quote Quote  

5. -13175
    They all float down here.
    QBWinz:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Lem is a biker.
    Quote Quote  

6. -13176
    You're standing on my neck
    QBWinz:
    vCash:
    I wonder how many Hartline falling memes and mocking signatures there would be on the main forum if he was a Jet player.
    Quote Quote  

7. -13177
    Sophisticated Redneck
    QBWinz:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Golf Enthusiasts
Gift received at 04-14-2016, 12:08 PM from fishfanmiami
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    The attitude of Dolphins fans toward Hartline -- first hating him, now loving him -- has always been baffling to me, especially since he is exactly the same player he was as a rookie. And I don't mean that figuratively. He has improved at nothing. In his defense he hasn't gotten worse at anything, either. He's just Hartline. Full on Hartline.

Its too bad that Rishard Matthews and Joe Philbin don't seem to get along because Matthews should ideally be Tannehill's main target with Wallace as the big play threat. Matthews has better hands than Hartline, is more physical, has much better balance and has actually running instincts... all of which make him an actual threat to score touchdowns, rather than a threat to just get first downs.
    I like Hartline. I like him because he is what he is, he isn't your biggest need to replace. So by default I chuckle about the trade/cut threads about him. I do however understand he isn't going to be a superstar, I think Manning or Brady would be glad to have him because he is a worker.

My hope is that Landry makes all of this irrelevant by the end of the year.
    "There's a man goin' 'round takin' names
    And he decides who to free and who to blame
    Everybody won't be treated all the same"

Quote Quote  

8. -13178
    They looked like strong hands.
    QBWinz:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    I'd love to see just one of these idiots clamoring for war with Russia actually fight. ****ing pansies are just fine sending everyone else to die but are too cowardly to go themselves. Damn country full of tiny dick assholes...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

9. -13179
    Widerstand
    QBWinz:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Not the US!
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 01:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I'd love to see just one of these idiots clamoring for war with Russia actually fight. ****ing pansies are just fine sending everyone else to die but are too cowardly to go themselves. Damn country full of tiny dick assholes...
    I'm willing to be most of them couldn't point out Ukraine on a map, already whine about the cost of gas (which would skyrocket in a war like that), and probably think Russia would be a cakewalk. They also don't realize who benefits from such a world war (which is what it would be): China and Iran, to name a few.
    Quote Quote  

10. -13180
    #freespesh
    QBWinz:
    vCash:
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I dont necessarily want them to go fight in it, but id love for them(read: especially the politicians, 'sup McCain) to be called out more and have to break down their stance. Ive ranted about it often enough in here, but our societies skewed views are unattractive in the extreme.

We are pro-democracy! Unless that country achieves democracy on its own...
    We are pro-troops! Unless it comes to their mental health...
    We are pro-military! Unless we have to raise our taxes(gasp!)...
    We are pro-engagements! Unless that means watching war footage that hasnt been homogenized...

Get people to recognize just what their "patriotism" actually consists of and their self righteousness usually goes out the window.

Terrorist attack count against the Anything Goes Thread: 5
    Quote Quote