Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1319 of 2837 FirstFirst ... 13141315131613171318131913201321132213231324 ... LastLast
Results 13,181 to 13,190 of 28369

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -13181
    Starter
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Indianapolis, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I'd love to see just one of these idiots clamoring for war with Russia actually fight. ****ing pansies are just fine sending everyone else to die but are too cowardly to go themselves. Damn country full of tiny dick assholes...
    I served and would still fight if my country needed me. However, there is no winning a war with Russia. Putin will melt the earth before surrendering, he has no value for human life or honor. Containing him is critical but war should be the absolute last option. Economics beat the USSR once, it can do it again.
    Quote Quote  

2. -13182
    #freespesh
    WPA:
    vCash:

How in the hell did i miss this video?

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/cam-newton-no-respect/

Terrorist attack count against the Anything Goes Thread: 5
    Quote Quote  

3. -13183
    Soul Rebel
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Tyler the Tannehill orange vs. Main forum

Quote Quote  

4. -13184
    Phins & Philly Sports
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    Just went and read through that thread. Hysterical.

Tannehill is better because.....Dolphins. This all goes back to what we were talking about before. If Tannehill was any one of the other 31 teams in the league, people's reactions would be "he's ok but nothing special." But because he has that dolphin on the side of his helmet, suddenly he's the second coming. Don't get me wrong I think Tannehill is good, but to say what some were saying in that thread is downright stupid.
    Last edited by PhinsPhan11; 07-20-2014 at 08:47 PM.
    Quote Quote  

5. -13185
    Starter
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Indianapolis, IN
    The old boy is one hell of a counter-puncher.
    Quote Quote  

6. -13186
    More Smug than Birthday Dog
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Cam Wake 91
    That thread is so mind numbing I dont know where to start. Im not someone whos especially down on Tannehill, and yet youd think I was on the far fringe of Tannehill oranges based on the responses there.

I thought he was a pretty nice guy Friday. I dont hate him. But he isnt better at this point than Colin Kaepernick. I mean, ****. ANd i got dudes who think its crazy to even mention a great like Tannehill with the likes of a plebeian like Kaep.

Quote Quote  

7. -13187
    Soul Rebel
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    That thread is so mind numbing I dont know where to start. Im not someone whos especially down on Tannehill, and yet youd think I was on the far fringe of Tannehill oranges based on the responses there.

I thought he was a pretty nice guy Friday. I dont hate him. But he isnt better at this point than Colin Kaepernick. I mean, ****. ANd i got dudes who think its crazy to even mention a great like Tannehill with the likes of a plebeian like Kaep.
    I SEEN'T HIM PLAY.

But yea, you said it best. Any proposed straight-up trade of Tannehill for Kaepernick would get laughed out of any other place but a Dolphin forum. Jaws has Tannehill ranked 23rd amongst QBs this year and Kaepernick ranked 13th. Not that I think his rankings are Gospel, but he does break down every single snap of all the starting quarterbacks for these rankings, so to answer Nawledge's question, he's definitely seen't them play.
    Quote Quote  

8. -13188
    More Smug than Birthday Dog
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinFan1968 View Post
    It's more of an indication that you can't accept an INDIVIDUAL analysis, because they're on a good/bad team. Tannehill WAS better than Brady last year...but the Patriots were far better than the Dolphins.

Smack Brady a few times, the wheels fall off. Smack Tannehill a few times, he shows no negative signs from it...unless injured. Why try so hard to not believe your team's QB is quality, in spite of directly relevant evidence? Are you that stuck on your football wizardry? Do you get paid for it?
    I just got that in response to suggesting PFF is questionable for having Tannehill and McCown ahead of Brady.
    Quote Quote  

9. -13189
    1/7/14
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Room 101
    The 49ers do have more talent than the Dolphins, but the only sane reason for saying that Tannehill might be a better quarterback than Kaepernick (not that he's played better, but that he might be better) is the presence of Jim Harbaugh. The man is an absolute genius when it comes to quarterbacks. You look at what he got out of Josh Johnson (in college) and Alex Smith compared to what other coaches got out of those players... and it makes you question just how good Kaepernick really is.

I will admit, I am sort of convinced by that argument, and not just because I wasn't a Kaepernick fan when he came out of Nevada.

I was once a normal kid
    Till the Devil came down and flipped my lid
    He gave me a switchblade and he gave me a muse
    Then he vomited acid all over my shoes
    Quote Quote  

10. -13190
    1/7/14
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Room 101
    I'm intrigued to see what our offense will look like this year but I think most fans are going to be annoyed to see how similar it is. I've seen no reason to believe Bill Lazor is a savant on the level of Harbaugh. Some people seemed to have latched onto the "detail oriented" and "precise" narrative as if players don't always say that about a new coach... and hadn't always said that about the coach who just left. I can't remember who said it but my favorite quote about coaching is, "it's not about what you know. It's about what you can get them to do."

I'm suspicious of Lazor because he strikes me as a case of buying high. Nick Foles comes out of nowhere to have a great year, so we snap up his quarterbacks coach when his value is at its highest, regardless of how meh his career has been to this point (and his work at Virginia was decidedly meh). It's the same logic that led to the hiring of Philbin. A meh coach who bounces around and suddenly Green Bay's offense explodes and he's the man of the hour. Look how that's turned out. The key hire of the year was John Benton. His star had faded a bit because of Houston's terrible season, but his offensive lines have always been good so it's reasonable to expect that he'll bounce back just as it's unfortunately reasonable to expect Lazor to be what's he's always been.

As always, the first preseason game will be a celebration right up until the first drive is over. Then all hell breaks loose.
    Last edited by TheWalrus; 07-21-2014 at 03:02 AM.
    Quote Quote