Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1319 of 1328 FirstFirst ... 13141315131613171318131913201321132213231324 ... LastLast
Results 13,181 to 13,190 of 13271

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

  1. -13181
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    20,162
    vCash:
    15601
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    My wife always wants her steak completely cooked, no pink what so ever (I like mine medium to medium rare). I usually put her steak on a grill hot spot so it gets more done than mine. Last night both of those steaks in the pic are cooked exactly the same. Her comment to me last night "It'd be nice if my steak was a bit more done."

    She sits at the other end of our table out my arm's reach.
    http://www.yellowpages.com/louisvill...orce-attorneys





    Quote Quote  

  2. -13182
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,645
    vCash:
    3223
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    South Florida was a bit of a shock. Here in NM, a huge portion of the state is bilingual, though the norm here is that you speak English primarily. Just a few days in South Florida and there was a bunch of spots where there was absolutely no expectation that anyone speak English. I know enough Spanish to do OK, but it was still a pretty significant change. I'm not sure which of you guys actually live in Miami, but props if you can do it without being proficient in Spanish. Cool city though...

    If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

    Quote Quote  

  3. -13183
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    20,162
    vCash:
    15601
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    South Florida was a bit of a shock. Here in NM, a huge portion of the state is bilingual, though the norm here is that you speak English primarily. Just a few days in South Florida and there was a bunch of spots where there was absolutely no expectation that anyone speak English. I know enough Spanish to do OK, but it was still a pretty significant change. I'm not sure which of you guys actually live in Miami, but props if you can do it without being proficient in Spanish. Cool city though...
    You run into a similar problem in East Texas, only they are supposedly speaking English.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -13184
    Buddy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    3,103
    vCash:
    8515
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    South Florida was a bit of a shock. Here in NM, a huge portion of the state is bilingual, though the norm here is that you speak English primarily. Just a few days in South Florida and there was a bunch of spots where there was absolutely no expectation that anyone speak English. I know enough Spanish to do OK, but it was still a pretty significant change. I'm not sure which of you guys actually live in Miami, but props if you can do it without being proficient in Spanish. Cool city though...
    Growing up in South Florida, I expected pretty much everyone to speak at least some Spanish when I got to Texas. Heck, most of these "Mexicans" are tanned gringos! Most of the people here who speak Spanish are either older or they had a grandparent that insisted they learn to preserve their heritage. A lot of their families have been here since Texas was part of Mexico so that makes a huge difference as most Cubans in Miami are only second or third, maybe fourth, generation.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

  5. -13185
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    20,162
    vCash:
    15601
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Growing up in South Florida, I expected pretty much everyone to speak at least some Spanish when I got to Texas. Heck, most of these "Mexicans" are tanned gringos! Most of the people here who speak Spanish are either older or they had a grandparent that insisted they learn to preserve their heritage. A lot of their families have been here since Texas was part of Mexico so that makes a huge difference as most Cubans in Miami are only second or third, maybe fourth, generation.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Also known as "the good ones" according to my step-grandfather.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -13186
    Buddy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    3,103
    vCash:
    8515
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Also known as "the good ones" according to my step-grandfather.
    If you think that I am hard on immigrants, you should hear some of these old Mexican-Texans. They say lovely things about drowning the "wet-backs" in the Rio Grande and that they are ashamed of the "sorry Mexicans" as they give the rest of them a bad name. A few have made me blush, badly!

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

  7. -13187
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Fluke

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,464
    vCash:
    11044
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm going to attempt to make a chocolate amaretto milkshake tomorrow.

    Valandui's Weekly Music Video

    Conducting From the Grave: The Rise
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYQ2aKgXafw
    Quote Quote  

  8. -13188
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    20,162
    vCash:
    15601
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    If you think that I am hard on immigrants, you should hear some of these old Mexican-Texans. They say lovely things about drowning the "wet-backs" in the Rio Grande and that they are ashamed of the "sorry Mexicans" as they give the rest of them a bad name. A few have made me blush, badly!

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    There were similar ****ty, self-loathing statements made by 1st wave Irish immigrants about the much poorer/desperate 2nd wave.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -13189
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    20,162
    vCash:
    15601
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    I'm going to attempt to make a chocolate amaretto milkshake tomorrow.
    I'm going to attempt to make a glass of Laphroaig Quarter Cask right now. Neat. Wish me luck.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -13190
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Fluke

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,464
    vCash:
    11044
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    I'm going to attempt to make a glass of Laphroaig Quarter Cask right now. Neat. Wish me luck.
    I wish I was. I still have 6 and a half hours at work tonight.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6718
    Last Post: 08-08-2013, 03:17 PM
  2. Replies: 1716
    Last Post: 02-04-2008, 03:37 PM
  3. can we keep this thread alive in the PoFo?
    By Maynard the Hammer in forum Questions and Suggestions Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2006, 11:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •