Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1367 of 1517 FirstFirst ... 13621363136413651366136713681369137013711372 ... LastLast
Results 13,661 to 13,670 of 15169

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -13661
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    Tannehill played okay, nothing more. He was late on a few of those checkdowns and had that weird looking play to the outside. The touchdown was also a gimme.

The unspoken bit in the video is actually the most alarming. They seem to accept as a matter of common knowledge that Tannehill is much maligned and criticized. That's not usually the way you see Tannehill portrayed. If that's the way Tannehill is really thought of in league circles we might be in some trouble. I mean, it's not like ESPN takes to the airwaves to bash quarterbacks on a regular basis. There's no money in it. Even at Buttfumble's worst he was "struggling" and usually nothing harsher than that.

Quote Quote  

2. -13662
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Tannehill played okay, nothing more. He was late on a few of those checkdowns and had that weird looking play to the outside. The touchdown was also a gimme.

The unspoken bit in the video is actually the most alarming. They seem to accept as a matter of common knowledge that Tannehill is much maligned and criticized. That's not usually the way you see Tannehill portrayed. If that's the way Tannehill is really thought of in league circles we might be in some trouble. I mean, it's not like ESPN takes to the airwaves to bash quarterbacks on a regular basis. There's no money in it. Even at Buttfumble's worst he was "struggling" and usually nothing harsher than that.
    I wonder if that was just a bad transition from Olbermann to the Josh McCown topic.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13663
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    I saw that. A shame, the first one is a quality game and i was looking forward to seeing if they could improve on the formula to deliver something special. Im holding out an admittedly far fetched hope that its "exclusive" is merely a delay and they will release it later on the other systems. Similar things happened this past year with DLC content with some games, though for the life of me i cant remember which ones they were.

On another subject, Assassin's Creed 4. I imagine this is a no brainer as the other games had this, but better safe than sorry: are you able to keep playing after beating the main story? Is any content locked if you finish the story first then back track? And did you get 100%? Ive finally got back into it and am sitting at memory sequence 10 and 80% overall completion. Trying to decide if i should take a few days to grind out the optional stuff or if i can finish it up and go back later.

---------- Post added at 03:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 AM ----------

Watching Tannehill(and to a lesser extent Dion Jordan) take the next step forward is the only thing im holding out hope for this season. Watching us constantly make the wrong decision all offseason destroyed any hope i had for the regular season. Despite not playing a game yet im already looking towards the 2015 offseason.
    After the recent annoucement that Ryse and that zombie game will be released on PC, I'm hoping for the same thing as I certainly won't be buying an Xbone. As for AC4, I didn't really go back and 100% it, although I might do that now that I have a new laptop. I go in an screw around a little, but if I play Ass Creed, lately it's been AC3.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Black Crown Initiate: Withering Waves
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlqJA1Rteio
    Quote Quote  

4. -13664
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    You certainly could be correct in saying that suicide is a selfish thing to do. However, Walrus is correct in pointing out that funerals are for the living. You even suggest in the part I bolded that you would want your friends and family to have help moving on. Part of that process is the grieving and in many cases, a funeral. So basically by you not attending the funerals of someone who commits suicide is selfish on your part and therefore hypocritical. Those friends and relatives left behind would have appreciated your help in getting through a difficult situation of the having a funeral that day. You not going based on a principle is just you being a selfish asshole, which likely shocks no one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    You are an asshole (an asshole we all love) but not a selfish or uncompassionate one at all. I have lost a few people, young and old, that I loved a lot. In dealing with that grief, I have learned that everyone grieves differently and everyone needs to STFU and let people deal with the situation as they need to deal with it. Judging people in their time of grief is rather reprehensible, imo. Just because someone doesn't react how one thinks they should react or how they think they would act in their situation does not give them the right to assume they have any idea how that person is feeling. My heart goes out to you, my friend, you have lost a lot of people and that is rough to deal with.
    It's a disease. Like any other disease, sometimes people succumb. We all have compassion -- or I presume so -- for the patient with a terminal illness who's in great pain and decides to end their life. The trick of depression is that it makes you feel the very same way. You are in pain. You are in terrible, terrible pain. And you have been, in some cases for years. Even decades. Not everyone makes it through. And it's not a matter of "strength", anymore than you can call the people who have died from cancer "weak" and the people who lived "strong." It's not that simple.

We don't think of mental illness that way because... well, first off we don't really understand it all that well. But there is also a social stigma around it. We think of it as wholly different from diseases of the body. But they're really not.

OK so being the sick twisted **** that I am this thought popped into my head this morning...........................so in the case of David Carradine (http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story?id=7763422) who asphyxiated himself for sexual pleasure is that a case of being selfish, self indulgent or a colossal whoopsie????????
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

5. -13665
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    This is it!!!!!

Playoffs!!!!
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

6. -13666
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    This site is a completely different animal with and without ads. If you guys want to do a VIP membership drive, give posters a week without ads then give put them back on. If that doesn't get you a dozen new VIPs, I'm not sure anything will. These ads completely stop the page from loading for me at least 10% of the time...
    If you can, screenshot ads that are up when that happens and post it in the Questions/Suggestions forum. The ads are a necessary evil, but they should not be intrusive. That doesn't push people to VIP, it pushes people to other sites.

---------- Post added at 07:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    Just out of curiosity I tried Internet Explorer (I am not an IE guy) and that worked.

What browser did you use when the link didn't work?

Quote Quote  

7. -13667
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    OK so being the sick twisted **** that I am this thought popped into my head this morning...........................so in the case of David Carradine (http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story?id=7763422) who asphyxiated himself for sexual pleasure is that a case of being selfish, self indulgent or a colossal whoopsie????????
    He didn't intend to die, not the same thing. I had a friend pass about a month ago when he flipped his Polaris Ranger. He was drinking and driving like an idiot but had no intentions of dying. Just like Carradine, his actions caused his death but he had no apparent intention to die. This is very, very different from suicide as the intent to die is the key ingredient of a suicide. Recklessness is not an intent to die.
    Quote Quote  

8. -13668
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks

I'm optimistic about Tannehill this season for one reason only: Ol' Sherman is not his OC/coach any more. New OC comes in and fixes Tannehill's footwork. Imagine that.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

9. -13669
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    I saw that. A shame, the first one is a quality game and i was looking forward to seeing if they could improve on the formula to deliver something special. Im holding out an admittedly far fetched hope that its "exclusive" is merely a delay and they will release it later on the other systems. Similar things happened this past year with DLC content with some games, though for the life of me i cant remember which ones they were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    After the recent annoucement that Ryse and that zombie game will be released on PC, I'm hoping for the same thing as I certainly won't be buying an Xbone. As for AC4, I didn't really go back and 100% it, although I might do that now that I have a new laptop. I go in an screw around a little, but if I play Ass Creed, lately it's been AC3.
    Rise of the Tomb Raider may see a release on other platforms after all, as the Xbox exclusivity agreement "has a duration," according to Microsoft executive Phil Spencer.

Speaking with Eurogamer, Spencer confirmed that Rise of the Tomb Raider is a timed exclusive on Xbox One and Xbox 360. "Yes, the deal has a duration," the head of Xbox said. "I didn't buy it. I don't own the franchise."

While Spencer said he couldn't comment on how long the exclusivity deal lasts — that's between Microsoft and Square Enix — he did compare the agreement to similar arrangements with Ryse and Dead Rising 3. Both of those games are Xbox console exclusives now headed to PC.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/...lusive-on-xbox

That'll work.
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

10. -13670
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    He didn't intend to die, not the same thing. I had a friend pass about a month ago when he flipped his Polaris Ranger. He was drinking and driving like an idiot but had no intentions of dying. Just like Carradine, his actions caused his death but he had no apparent intention to die. This is very, very different from suicide as the intent to die is the key ingredient of a suicide. Recklessness is not an intent to die.
    Oh I wasn't comparing it at all to suicide. I was just thinking about asphyxiating myself while jerking off!!!

Sorry about your friend, I can't say I haven't done stupid **** that could have ended the same way. Lady I know had a yearly party, her neighbor was too drunk to drive home his UTV so his son drove it for him. They propped him up in the back seat and four of them took off, two in the front, two in the back with his dad passed out in the rear passenger side. Kid goes around a left hand turn and his dad who is passed out flies out of the UTV and hits head first in a drainage ditch on a metal sleuth pipe. Kid's father goes into a coma and dies two days later I think the kid was 16 or 17, something like that.

In this case they did everything right and the poor kid killed his father anyway, it was one of the wrost things ever.
    Quote Quote