Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 163 of 1328 FirstFirst ... 158159160161162163164165166167168 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 13280

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -1621
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COphinphan89 View Post
    I'm seriously considering starting a thread tomorrow morning entitled "Official Election Night Broadcast your Facebook Feed Thread" where you can post quotes or screengrabs of all the inevitable stupid **** that people will post on Facebook. Much potential.
    Loving this idea. Please do.
    Quote Quote  

2. -1622
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Have a vote and a smile and shut the **** up!
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote  

3. -1623
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    9954, saw this and thought of you:

Touched?
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

4. -1624
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chandler, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mitt Romney sucks penis.
    Quote Quote  

5. -1625
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Can't wait for Trojan and Statler to show up. Statler won't be scene for a few days. Needs to finish jerking off to his icture of Limbaugh while crying...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

6. -1626
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Was it Statler or Trojan that predicted Obama wouldnt have the showout on election day because Halo was coming out? I cant recall and do not want to dig through the threads.

That, to me, is one crow eatin' statement. I mean, if you want to predict a Romney victory, so be it, but to say the youth vote wont come out because of a video game....well, just eat your crow.
    Quote Quote  

7. -1627
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Facebook is an all-out warzone. I'm avoiding that like the plague. I will not degrade myself like that.
    but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Quote Originally Posted by King Stannis Baratheon
    Lord Seaworth is a man of humble birth, but he reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights. I had the cart before the horse, Davos said. I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne.
    Quote Quote  

8. -1628
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    OK, I figured out you guys whole electoral college system before the election. I get how it works. Im jut curious as to why its there though. It seems strange to me. It would pretty much suck to live in a state thats not a swing state. Your presidential vote is basically worthless. Is there a good reason for having it that Im not thinking of or not aware of?

Quote Quote  

9. -1629
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    OK, I figured out you guys whole electoral college system before the election. I get how it works. Im jut curious as to why its there though. It seems strange to me. It would pretty much suck to live in a state thats not a swing state. Your presidential vote is basically worthless. Is there a good reason for having it that Im not thinking of or not aware of?
    The founding fathers put the electoral college into place because they were scared as **** of the people. As wealthy and well educated landowners who largely despised the common man, they wanted a buffer zone in case the people elected someone they found completely objectionable. So they created the concept of electors -- presuming the electors would be wealthy landowners like they were -- and gave those electors the ability to vote for whomever they wanted no matter what the state they came from had done.

That was the idea, anyway. I only know of one instance -- there might be others -- of an elector changing his vote, and that was when James Monroe ran the table and won every state. One elector felt that only Washington should win every vote so he defied his state and voted for the other guy. To this day I'm pretty sure only Washington has won every elector.

Anyway, yeah. It's a stupid system, and in my view has always been one. Among other things, it overvalues the small states, since every state -- no matter how small -- gets at least three electoral votes. And it renders huge swaths of the country irrelevant, and therefore ignored, every presidential election cycle.
    Quote Quote  

10. -1630
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They base it on how many congressman your state has which is based on population but yeah it's an outdated, useless method. If you were an Obama supporter in Texas or a Romney supporter in California then there was really no reason for you to show up to vote for a presidential candidate. Most states aren't even campaigned in anymore because It would just be a waste of time and money.
    Last edited by COphinphan89; 11-07-2012 at 12:13 PM.
    Quote Quote