Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 183 of 1500 FirstFirst ... 178179180181182183184185186187188 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 14992

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -1821
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I'm not going to lie. He bugs the **** out of me. Seeing as I'm someone who takes great pride in learning and intelligence, it's almost insulting reading his posts. It has to be a troll account...

You crack me up.

I always said that he amuses me. Someone like Statler who is so convinced that he is right about anything and everything while disregarding facts is amusing to me. The only other feeling one should have is maybe sadness because he is so misguided. I respond with a smile to his posts and then I am giddy waiting for his response where he manages to split 1 sentence into 4 or 5 quotes. It is actually an art form of the incompetence. My English prof in college always said that.

If you write
    It was sunny and nice yesterday. Unfortunately we couldn't see that because the sun was covered by clouds and it was raining.
    It is a simple statement meant to be funny.

Statler would respond:

It was sunny and nice yesterday
    No it was not.
    Unfortunately we couldn't see that
    It was clear to everybody except to you
    the sun was covered by clouds and it was raining.
    You are inconsistent again
    I have come across many people who can not comprehend two or three sentences much less an entire paragraph. These people always read and go sentence by sentence not understanding that the next sentence may belong to the previous sentence. And the worst part is that you can not even explain that to them. For them each individual sentence or even a phrase is an individual statement. Some people do it on purpose. Fox News is great doing that. The entire Murdoch media empire is great doing it. And it serves a purpose.
    Then there are others who can't do it any other way. I think Statler is part of the latter group. I don't even think he realizes it. The lack of reading comprehension is rather wide spread these days. Statler though is the king of them all. No doubt. Since neither of us can ever teach him reading comprehension (I doubt anybody can at this point) the best emotion one can have is: sadness and sorrow that you can't help him or just be amused by it.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

2. -1822
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Aahhhh I love the smell of telling people to go **** themselves in the morning!!!!!!
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

3. -1823
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Anything goes? Ok then here is a rant.

I am currently sitting in a side room of my University library. There are twelve people in this room, 11 Chinese students and me. This isnt a race rant I have no issue with the Chinese, this rant is about University policy. Tens of thousands of local students get turned away from UK Universities each year, University fees have recently been put up as well so now we all have to pay more to go to Uni. Yet even if they have good enough grades thousands of students get turned away every year whilst places are given to thousands and thousands of people from all around the world - just because the Universities are allowed to charge them more than local students. This annoys me University is meant to be about getting people qualifications to get jobs - it very much frustrates me to see Uni's packed with global students just so the Uni can make . Im not really fussed about immigration but in terms of education id like to see our own citizens come first.

rant over.
    Quote Quote  

4. -1824
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post

I am currently sitting in a side room of my University library. There are twelve people in this room, 11 Chinese students and me. This isnt a race rant I have no issue with the Chinese, this rant is about University policy. Tens of thousands of local students get turned away from UK Universities each year, University fees have recently been put up as well so now we all have to pay more to go to Uni. Yet even if they have good enough grades thousands of students get turned away every year whilst places are given to thousands and thousands of people from all around the world - just because the Universities are allowed to charge them more than local students. This annoys me University is meant to be about getting people qualifications to get jobs - it very much frustrates me to see Uni's packed with global students just so the Uni can make . Im not really fussed about immigration but in terms of education id like to see our own citizens come first.

rant over.
    Post needs more profanity.
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

5. -1825
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Asians are generally so much more qualified than other races when it comes to being accepted to colleges many have actually stopped filling out the race sections of their applications, especially if their name doesn't give them away. I read a long article about this a while back. At the Ivy League schools particularly, boosters have become annoyed at going on campus and seeing nothing but Asians, so there's a sort of unspoken counter Affirmative Action that goes on now.

I'm not sure if this is the exact article I read but it basically says the same thing:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...ons/51620236/1

So basically every one of those Chinese students is probably smarter than uk dolfan.
    Quote Quote  

6. -1826
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    When they are filling in their international applications I suspect the University might figure out what country they are from.
    Quote Quote  

7. -1827
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    When they are filling in their international applications I suspect the University might figure out what country they are from.
    What evidence do you have that they're all from China? Is that where you think everyone who looks Asian is from? Unless they're slathered in mercury or have "Made in China" stamped on their foreheads I'm calling bull****.

Besides, even if you're right, if getting a college degree is about getting a job and they're taking their degree and going home, doesn't that mean it will be easier for you to get a job?

Thou doth protest too much.
    Quote Quote  

8. -1828
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Another example of why a traditional family unit, a mother and a father who are engaged in their childrens education and the "nuclear family" we as Americans have chosen to ignore, allows Asian students to prosper in an education system most Americans see as failing our kids.

Asians succeed because they want it more. They have been taught their whole lives, by both parents, that excelling in school will be the norm not an option. It's no coincidence folks.

Oh, btw...the 7 dirty words
    Piss
    Cocksucker
    Mother ****er
    Tits

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

9. -1829
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks

rant over.
    So I take it none of them are hot? There has to be a couple hot ones sprinkled in there. Go hit on the hot ones maybe you'll find yourself a sugar mamasan!
    Quote Quote  

10. -1830
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    I sometimes think Im the only male in the world that doesnt find asian women attractive at all. I mean, there are rare exceptions, but they are pretty low as far as smashable races go.

Quote Quote