Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 198 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 193194195196197198199200201202203 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 13833

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -1971
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Frequent ESPN talking head Rob Parker, however, went out of his way to do so when the subject of Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III came up on Thursday morning. Parker decided that it was the appropriate time to bring up whether Griffin was black enough or not. No, really. We'll just let the video and transcript roll.

"I've talked to some people in Washington, D.C. Some people in [Griffin's] press conferences. Some people I've known for a long time. My question, which is just a straight, honest question, is ... is he a 'brother,' or is he a cornball 'brother?' He's not really ... he's black, but he's not really down with the cause. He's not one of us. He's kind of black, but he's not really like the guy you'd want to hang out with. I just want to find out about him. I don't know, because I keep hearing these things. He has a white fiancé, people talking about that he's a Republican ... there's no information at all. I'm just trying to dig deeper into why he has an issue. Tiger Woods was like, 'I have black skin, but don't call me black.' People wondered about Tiger Woods early on -- about him."

Bayless, never content to let someone else have the last infantile, stupid remark, upped the ante with this question: "What do RG3's braids say to you?"

"To me, that's very urban," Parker continued, seemingly determined to dig his own professional grave. "It makes you feel like ... I think he would have a clean cut if he were more straight-laced or not ... wearing braids is ... you're a brother. You're a brother. If you've got braids on."
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...8822--nfl.html

Figured this was the best place on the forum to post this. ESPN has gone full ****ing retard. Somehow, im not surprised Skip Bayless was involved.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

2. -1972
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...8822--nfl.html

Figured this was the best place on the forum to post this. ESPN has gone full ****ing retard. Somehow, im not surprised Skip Bayless was involved.
    I dunno how ya get Bayless was involved, other than he was there and threw out a little more rope for Parker to hang himself with.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

3. -1973
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Test:

motherer

edit: ok, who is the joker that changed the profanity filter.
    Quote Quote  

4. -1974
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Test:

motherer

edit: ok, who is the joker that changed the profanity filter.
    It made me laugh when an otherwise serious post I had in the shootings thread posted and had random smiley faces all over it...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

5. -1975

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Just ING with y'all
    Quote Quote  

6. -1976

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post

Just ING with y'all
    I've met the author of the Calvin and Hobbes comics, Bill Watterson. My best friend grew up living next door to him in Santa Fe, NM. He took me to a BBQ Watterson was having at his house before he moved out-of-state. One of the more intelligent guys I've met. A bit eccentric, as I'm sure anyone who has read Calvin and Hobbes would imagine. Nice guy, though...
    Quote Quote  

7. -1977

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I've met the author of the Calvin and Hobbes comics, Bill Watterson. My best friend grew up living next door to him in Santa Fe, NM. He took me to a BBQ Watterson was having at his house before he moved out-of-state. One of the more intelligent guys I've met. A bit eccentric, as I'm sure anyone who has read Calvin and Hobbes would imagine. Nice guy, though...
    You Lucky SOB. I love his work......its something you can show a kid without fear of doing damage, but complex enough to make an adult not only chuckle but go hmmmmmm.
    Quote Quote  

8. -1978

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You Lucky SOB. I love his work......its something you can show a kid without fear of doing damage, but complex enough to make an adult not only chuckle but go hmmmmmm.
    That and I love that he never did it for the money. He stopped signing autographs for people because they were selling them online for huge amounts of money. Apparently he was a bit of a recluse and was serious about his privacy. He was pretty well-adjusted and friendly during our brief conversations, though. I wish I would have had more time to talk to him. I feel like he is someone most people could learn a lot from...
    Quote Quote  

9. -1979

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I used to see all kinds of stuff people were selling with Calvin & Hobbs, and i wouldnt buy it. I would even rank them out because he NEVER licensed C&H merchandise at that time, thats how much respect i have for the man.

If ya run into him again, get his addy, call me and we'll go hang with him together. I bet he'd open both our eyes. Especially yours if you ever ask him how he came to name them Calvin and Hobbs
    Quote Quote  

10. -1980

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I used to see all kinds of stuff people were selling with Calvin & Hobbs, and i wouldnt buy it. I would even rank them out because he NEVER licensed C&H merchandise at that time, thats how much respect i have for the man.

If ya run into him again, get his addy, call me and we'll go hang with him together. I bet he'd open both our eyes. Especially yours if you ever ask him how he came to name them Calvin and Hobbs
    That's kind of an obvious question I never bothered to ask him. I didn't talk to him at all about his comics actually. I figured he was bombarded with those questions on a daily basis. It was really just small talk. He loved Santa Fe because it is pretty much an artist haven, and that despite people knowing who he was when he went out, most left him alone. I'm gonna google why he called them Calvin and Hobbes, though. You've piqued my curiosity...
    Quote Quote