Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 199 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 194195196197198199200201202203204 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 13819

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -1981
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    It made me laugh when an otherwise serious post I had in the shootings thread posted and had random smiley faces all over it...
    We should create a Statler icon too. You mother-Statler.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

2. -1982
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    We should create a Statler icon too. You mother-Statler.
    I can't even begin to imagine what a Statler icon would look like. Maybe a smiley punching itself itself in the face repeatedly while wearing a vacant expression...?

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

3. -1983
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can't even begin to imagine what a Statler icon would look like. Maybe a smiley punching itself itself in the face repeatedly while wearing a vacant expression...?
    Quote Quote  

4. -1984
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've met the author of the Calvin and Hobbes comics, Bill Watterson. My best friend grew up living next door to him in Santa Fe, NM. He took me to a BBQ Watterson was having at his house before he moved out-of-state. One of the more intelligent guys I've met. A bit eccentric, as I'm sure anyone who has read Calvin and Hobbes would imagine. Nice guy, though...
    That's ing amazing. you.

Calvin and Hobbes is one of the greatest artistic achievements of the 20th century, in my view. Right up there with the greatest pieces of music, greatest movies, greatest literature and greatest architecture. People look down on it because it's a cartoon, but that's honestly their loss. It's a treasure of the imagination.

Like MoFins, I won't buy any unlicensed Calvin and Hobbes stuff out of respect, though I was once greatly tempted to buy a hand made Hobbes doll as a gift for my brother.

I kept the link:

http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/prod.../dolls/animals
    Quote Quote  

5. -1985
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That's kind of an obvious question I never bothered to ask him. I didn't talk to him at all about his comics actually. I figured he was bombarded with those questions on a daily basis. It was really just small talk. He loved Santa Fe because it is pretty much an artist haven, and that despite people knowing who he was when he went out, most left him alone. I'm gonna google why he called them Calvin and Hobbes, though. You've piqued my curiosity...
    Calvin was named for John Calvin, he of Calvinism, a religious philosopher who believed in predestination (whose philosophy was popular with early American settlers). Hobbes was named for Thomas Hobbes, also a philosopher, he of the notoriously dim view of human nature.

A typical Hobbes quote:

"The condition of man... is a condition of war of everyone against everyone."
    Quote Quote  

6. -1986

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    That's ing amazing. you.

Calvin and Hobbes is one of the greatest artistic achievements of the 20th century, in my view. Right up there with the greatest pieces of music, greatest movies, greatest literature and greatest architecture. People look down on it because it's a cartoon, but that's honestly their loss. It's a treasure of the imagination.

Like MoFins, I won't buy any unlicensed Calvin and Hobbes stuff out of respect, though I was once greatly tempted to buy a hand made Hobbes doll as a gift for my brother.

I kept the link:

http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/prod.../dolls/animals
    Agreed completely. That's why I made my buddy take me to this BBQ. I couldn't pass on the chance to meet the guy. He is the reason I have so little patience for these modern comic strips. It's almost not fair to them that Watterson set the bar so high.

My buddy still has the hand-made invitations he gave out. I'll see if he'll take a picture of it and send it to me. If so I'll post it here for you guys...
    Quote Quote  

7. -1987
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Shhhhh...don't ruin it for him ya ing wanker

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

8. -1988

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Agreed completely. That's why I made my buddy take me to this BBQ. I couldn't pass on the chance to meet the guy. He is the reason I have so little patience for these modern comic strips. It's almost not fair to them that Watterson set the bar so high.

My buddy still has the hand-made invitations he gave out. I'll see if he'll take a picture of it and send it to me. If so I'll post it here for you guys...
    Apparently it's in storage and not easily accessible, but I swear he has it. It was a drawing of Calvin holding a box and said something along the lines of "we're moving, come to our BBQ". Probably worth a fortune to the right people. He wouldn't ever sell it, though...
    Quote Quote  

9. -1989
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I just gave myself a huge pat on the back for already knowing why he chose the names Calvin and Hobbes before I opened this page.
    but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Quote Originally Posted by King Stannis Baratheon
    Lord Seaworth is a man of humble birth, but he reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights. I had the cart before the horse, Davos said. I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne.
    Quote Quote  

10. -1990
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Been bedridden the past two days because of some ridiculous pain in my hip (I've had broken bones, this is way worse). Went to the hospital this morning; apparently I have tendinitis or a slight tear in the tendon in my left hip.

On the bright side, I got a scrip for percocet.
    Quote Quote