Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 204 of 1328 FirstFirst ... 199200201202203204205206207208209 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 13280

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -2031
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    List of School Shootings & Anti-Depressants (SSRI's)

http://ssristories.com/index.php?p=school

I thought this was interesting enough for it's own thread, but I figured we probably have enough on the subject as is.

--

On a semi-related note (not saying anti-depressants made these kids do what they did), sometimes I feel that psychiatrists are too quick to doll out the pills. ADHD is vastly over-prescribed, & how many of these kids now-a-days that are getting prescribed these things really have mental imbalances, & how many are just depressed because of a break-up? Or issues at home, or just being a lost, confused kid in general? These things have their legit uses, I just think there's a bunch of kids right now that are on ADHD medication, or anti-depressants, or whatever else have you, that don't really need to be.
    I'd say at least 60% of my class (probably way undershooting it actually) are on prescribed adderall. Street dealers are only missing the degree.

Quote Quote  

2. -2032
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    I'd say at least 60% of my class (probably way undershooting it actually) are on prescribed adderall. Street dealers are only missing the degree.
    /shudder
    Quote Quote  

3. -2033
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've never taken adderall, but do people really have that hard a time concentrating while studying? For me the problem has always been about getting to the point where I am studying or reading or writing or whatever.

If it helps you get to that point where you want to concentrate, then heck I'm all for it. I've known plenty of musicians who couldn't write music unless they were stoned and plenty of writers who couldn't write unless they were drunk. If adderall helps produce the work and doesn't have a whole bunch of ****ty side effects, then godspeed.
    Quote Quote  

4. -2034
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    I've never taken adderall, but do people really have that hard a time concentrating while studying? For me the problem has always been about getting to the point where I am studying or reading or writing or whatever.

If it helps you get to that point where you want to concentrate, then heck I'm all for it. I've known plenty of musicians who couldn't write music unless they were stoned and plenty of writers who couldn't write unless they were drunk. If adderall helps produce the work and doesn't have a whole bunch of ****ty side effects, then godspeed.
    Adderall works wonders for studying and writing. Straight wonders. I never used it before this year and dont use it often simply because I dont like taking medication unless I have to, but if youre in a jam and need to cram or crank out a long paper quickly, its a miracle pill.

Quote Quote  

5. -2035
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Prescription drugs is a problem period: anti depressants, ADD drugs, cholesterol drugs, high and low blood pressure drugs and what else.....
    You go to a doctor and you get a drug. Rather than battling the problem you get a symptons-hiding drug. A friend of mine was overweight for many years and had to take blood pressure and cholesterol meds for years. He started losing weight and the doc took him off. Unfortunately doctors prescribe drugs for kids now as well. It starts early so you are well trained and become a dependent on the pharmaceutical industry.

Your body is so ****ed up that your natural immune system and your chemical balance is so screwed up that you think you need your drugs for the rest of your life. Prescription drugs are the biggest scam and simply legalized drug trading. Yet they piss on themselves for a lousy couple grams of Marihuana. Pathetic.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Quote  

6. -2036
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I got put on ADD meds for perhaps the first month my freshman year of HS. After weeks of having no appetite, feeling depressed, crying in the shower for no reason at all, and walking around feeling like a zombie, I was done. My mom took me off it. Turned out I was just a dumbass HS student like everyone else. I didn't even want to take percocet and vicodin my senior year after I had to have shoulder surgery but my shoulder was throbbing so bad I had to. And after only 3-4 days of taking those I was so backed up I couldn't **** for days.

****in done with prescription drugs. Smoke a joint every once in a while, never had a single issue. No side affects. What more could you want?
    but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Quote Originally Posted by King Stannis Baratheon
    Lord Seaworth is a man of humble birth, but he reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights. I had the cart before the horse, Davos said. I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne.
    Quote Quote  

7. -2037
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Adderall has amphetamines in it. Probably not something one should be taking on a daily basis. I've also heard some horrible addiction stories.

@ CO, I can sympathize with where you're coming from. My brother was prescribed adhd pills back in middle-school, & after a week of similar zombie-esque symptoms, we took him off it (he's perfectly fine now, no need for him to be on anything). I honestly think it's an absolute travesty how many kids brain chemistry's we're messing with via the vast over-prescribing of such medications.
    Quote Quote  

8. -2038
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Quote  

9. -2039
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    wtf

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

10. -2040
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote