Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 207 of 1461 FirstFirst ... 202203204205206207208209210211212 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 14610

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -2061
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My end of the world song.....

[youtube]Adgx9wt63NY[/youtube]

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

2. -2062
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ****, is the world ending tonight at midnight? I thought it was tommorow.

Only my dumbass would mix up the days to the end of humanity. Loaded up on booze i was saving for tommorow, trying to decide if i should start power drinking tonight instead.
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

3. -2063
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    ****, is the world ending tonight at midnight? I thought it was tommorow.

Only my dumbass would mix up the days to the end of humanity. Loaded up on booze i was saving for tommorow, trying to decide if i should start power drinking tonight instead.
    Do some coke, meth, roxies and get a hooker too.
    Quote Quote  

4. -2064
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Do some coke, meth, roxies and get a hooker too.
    I approve this message.
    Quote Quote  

5. -2065
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Has anyone seen the Lars von Trier film Melancholia? I found it sort of odd and disjointed through the middle, but it begins and ends with a marvelously baroque BANG! featuring the destruction of Earth by an exoplanet, set to the music of Wagner. Totally over the top, but awesome.

I offer here the ending (which if you haven't seen it and are interested in watching it, doesn't really give anything away, since the opening of the movie -- which is even more spectacular than this end scene but I can't find on youtube or elsewhere -- shows the Earth being destroyed from space).

I advise this watched full screen and with good sound.

http://movieclips.com/R7umj-melancho...at-worlds-end/
    Read up on the movie, the way the director plays with the subject of depression interested me but not enough to watch it yet. Checked out the clip, as i was watching i thought it would be better with a space shot.
    Quote Quote  

6. -2066
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Read up on the movie, the way the director plays with the subject of depression interested me but not enough to watch it yet. Checked out the clip, as i was watching i thought it would be better with a space shot.
    Yeah, basically it's a movie about depression. The notion of an exoplanet heading toward Earth is supposed to relate to this somehow (by making life even more pointless than it seems when you're depressed, maybe?) but it seemed sort of an awkward fit. It didn't even really deal with the people's emotional reaction to inevitable destruction because (minor spoiler here) the characters spend most of the movie thinking it's not going to hit the Earth. The terrible realization hits only at the end.

The space shot occurs at the beginning, and it's spectacular. The whole beginning is this sort of surreal montage of the exoplanet gliding through space intercut with weird slow motion shots on Earth that look like they're from dreams -- all set to Wagner -- concluding in what Marvin the Martian would call an "Earth shattering kaboom" (shown from space, which is why I don't think Von Trier showed it at the end). That's really the clip I wanted to show but couldn't find it.

Despite it being sort of a strange movie I'll admit it's stuck with me. The Wagner piece that's all over the movie is from Tristan and Isolde (from the scene where Isolde dies, I think, which would make sense because the love Tristan has for Isolde is like the love we have for life, or at least our mourning at the thought of losing life). I found that piece of music particularly mesmerizing and it's something I've listened to frequently since then.

The movie is showing often for anyone who has DirectTV. The next showing is at 2:20 tomorrow on channel 552, in fact... which means you can record it and watch it right about the time the world is ending for extra meta-reality points. As a bonus the movie also features Kirsten Dunst's absolutely cracking tits in several scenes, which is a good way to get your mind of her snaggle tooth... and the end of the world.

The version I tivoed originally cut out from weather interference about five minutes from the end (to my disbelief and fury) but I was able to find a fairly good quality streaming copy on the internet. I might be able to dig that up if anyone's interested.
    Last edited by TheWalrus; 12-21-2012 at 12:58 AM.
    Quote Quote  

7. -2067
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Yeah, basically it's a movie about depression. The notion of an exoplanet heading toward Earth is supposed to relate to this somehow (by making life even more pointless than it seems when you're depressed, maybe?) but it seemed sort of an awkward fit. It didn't even really deal with the people's emotional reaction to inevitable destruction because (minor spoiler here) the characters spend most of the movie thinking it's not going to hit the Earth. The terrible realization hits only at the end.

The space shot occurs at the beginning, and it's spectacular. The whole beginning is this sort of surreal montage of the exoplanet gliding through space intercut with weird slow motion shots on Earth that look like they're from dreams -- all set to Wagner -- concluding in what Marvin the Martian would call an "Earth shattering kaboom" (shown from space, which is why I don't think Von Trier showed it at the end). That's really the clip I wanted to show but couldn't find it.

Despite it being sort of a strange movie I'll admit it's stuck with me. The Wagner piece that's all over the movie is from Tristan and Isolde (from the scene where Isolde dies, I think, which would make sense because the love Tristan has for Isolde is like the love we have for life, or at least our mourning at the thought of losing life). I found that piece of music particularly mesmerizing and it's something I've listened to frequently since then.

The movie is showing often for anyone who has DirectTV. The next showing is at 2:20 tomorrow on channel 552, in fact... which means you can record it and watch it right about the time the world is ending for extra meta-reality points. As a bonus the movie also features Kirsten Dunst's absolutely cracking tits in several scenes, which is a good way to get your mind of her snaggle tooth.

The version I tivoed originally actually cut out from weather interference about five minutes from the end (to my fury) but I was able to find a fairly good quality streaming copy on the internet. I might be able to dig that up if anyone's interested.
    The articles i read on it suggested the focus of the movie was peoples reaction to the inevitable and how those who suffer from depression are the only ones able to properly deal with tragedy. Or something to that effect, its been awhile since i read up on it. That they didnt figure out the end was nigh until close to the end of the movie is....interesting. Perhaps an examination of peoples emotions, the highs and lows? Without seeing it, i probably shouldnt speculate. I'll have to look into it.

Oh, and boobs, **** yeah!
    Quote Quote  

8. -2068
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    OK Bitches....LAST DAY GOING OUT OF LIFE EVENT. Only here on earth. If i don't see ya on the other side, it's because you ******* are all burning in Hell, and i'm sipping Crown and Coke with Jesus, laughing at everyone swimming in the lake of fire....

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

9. -2069

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Anyone need some relaxation techniques for Armageddon?

Quote Quote  

10. -2070

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My favorite End of The Universe movie rules ALL ass

Quote Quote