Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 219 of 1595 FirstFirst ... 214215216217218219220221222223224 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 15942

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -2181
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    I would shoot Assad in the head if I got the chance, and I don't mean that flippantly. I'm absolutely ready to murder him.

At the same time, though, the rebels aren't good guys either. They've stated their intention to commit genocide against Syria's Alawite population. I can't lend my support to a rebel group with that kind of intention, no matter how many innocent civilians are caught in the middle.

It's shocking how many of the problems in the Middle East can be traced back to Western Europe's arbitrary drawing of lines and divvying up of natural resources. Ethnic groups were mixed that really should not have been mixed. Iraq is the poster boy for this but Syria has been damaged by it also. A shame really, not just for the obvious toll in bloodshed but for the damage done to Damascus, which is one of the world's historical treasures.
    Syria sucks. It's a complete stalemate right now and it won't end anytime soon. As long as the rebels hold the border crossings with Turkey like they do they'll keep getting their smuggled weapons, but they'll still be outgunned by the government forces and I don't think they'll ever be able to take the important cities they need in order to win the war (Damascus, Aleppo). Both sides are fighting for victory, not a UN resolution. They're so hell bent on it that nobody can even broker a workable temporary cease-fire. And with all the outside forces exerting their influence, this thing will be dragged out as long as necessary and a lot more people are going to die before it finally ends. Iran, Russia, and Hezbollah want Assad to stay, and the Saudis and NATO want him gone.

It is hard to watch the footage without wanting to do something about it. I watched the Vice videos on YouTube a few weeks ago and it was hard to finish especially when they show the doctors trying to revive a guy who looks pretty well dead and caring for minutes-old babies who are still slimy and gunfire can be heard outside. And there are plenty of videos that can be found online of the executions, piles of corpses and body parts, and people being thrown off the tops of buildings.

But I don't see the benefit of getting involved either. Saddam was scum too but that war was a complete waste that got just under 4,500 of our soldiers killed. And like you said, the score-settling is inevitable when the guard changes in those countries. Right now the Shiites, Alawites, and Christians are preparing for the worst. If that country gets taken over by Sunni extremists, they could be even worse than Assad only they would direct their tyranny at religious minorities rather than political dissidents like the Assads have done for decades.

It will get worse before it gets better. Lebanon's civil war lasted 15 years and in that time Israel got involved, Hezbollah was founded, and ~150,000 people got killed. Syria could easily pass that number within the next couple years if this thing doesn't get resolved and neither side can win it.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2182
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Quote  

3. -2183
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I LMAO at Sundays Family Guy.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

4. -2184
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

5. -2185
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    Thats basically me except replace The Wire with Sons of Anarchy

Quote Quote  

6. -2186
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

7. -2187

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Quote  

8. -2188
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We disagree a lot on this board and in this thread, but can we at least all be in agreement that user dolphans1 is retarded?
    Quote Quote  

9. -2189
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [youtube]QZXc39hT8t4[/youtube]

It's the mother****ing D-O-double-G (SNOOP DOGG!)

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

10. -2190

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by COphinphan89 View Post
    We disagree a lot on this board and in this thread, but can we at least all be in agreement that user dolphans1 is retarded?
    Who?
    Quote Quote