Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 228 of 1378 FirstFirst ... 223224225226227228229230231232233 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 13774

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -2271
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What is your degree in Dr. Locke?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2272
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    What is your degree in Dr. Locke?
    Clinical psychology. I'm hugely against medication in general, so I stayed away from psychiatry. Besides, I had no interest in medical school. At some point I'd like to have my own practice, but seeing as I can't just walk into that, I'll have to put up with working for someone else for a while...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

3. -2273
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Clinical psychology. I'm hugely against medication in general, so I stayed away from psychiatry. Besides, I had no interest in medical school. At some point I'd like to have my own practice, but seeing as I can't just walk into that, I'll have to put up with working for someone else for a while...
    What about criminal behavior. Any interest in working for law enforcement or the feds?
    Quote Quote  

4. -2274

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    What about criminal behavior. Any interest in working for law enforcement or the feds?
    That was actually my initial interest: criminal psychology. My concentration is in mental illness, so I may still be able to do that. I hadn't thought about it in a while. That's a good call Ted, I appreciate that. Might even give me an excuse to move elsewhere...
    Quote Quote  

5. -2275
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Grats Locke.
    Quote Quote  

6. -2276

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    Grats Locke.
    Thanks man, but it's still a few months away. I have to present my dissertation to the department heads, which is probably the most stressful thing I've done. It's really just a formality for most PhD candidates, but it's never fun being put in the spotlight and having people who are pretty much experts in the field judge your contribution to it. Not sure what I'm going to do with my free time. My old band broke up and half the people moved away, so getting back into that isn't an option. Maybe starting a new band, but finding people who share your view on music is tough to do. Especially with everyone who wants to join a band preferring to play bad metal or cookie-cutter hardcore...
    Quote Quote  

7. -2277
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91

Quote Quote  

8. -2278
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Congrats Locke, what was your dissertation on?
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

9. -2279
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I'm just finding out about this now, but you all remember the National Championship game when Brent Musberger was talking about A.J Mccaron's girlfriend?

Apparently, he, & the network, HAD TO ****ING APOLOGIZE FOR THAT ****. Oh my ****ing lord does that piss me off. I'm reading articles on it how Musberger's "gotta go", or "must be held accountable". **** you. You people are exactly the type of CUNTY TWATS that are making people not want to live in this country.

Same **** with Rob Parker & First-Take, or Chad Johnson cursing at a press conference. You disagree with him? fine. Don't watch. Or watch & realize that you're not going to ****ing agree with every god damn thing someone says. Don't get a sandy-vagina though & write letters or tweets, or make calls demanding someone be fired though just because their mouth-noises offended you're self-righteous dumb-ass, & your delusional sense of self-importance. BUT THE KIDS?!?!?!?! **** YOU. You're a ****ty parent who can't communicate with your kid.

The people who want any of these people fired are the same CUNTY TWATS that would complain to a manager if they found an employee smoking in the store on his break. Go stick your cunty twat of a head in a ****ing meat-grinder, you silly bitches.

I can't stand all this politically correct bull****. It's like we're moving backwards towards the 50's.

You know who I ****ing love? Dana White. He's the head of the UFC & drops f-bombs like a ****ing sailor, & if you don't like it he tells you to stick your money up your ass because he doesn't want **** to do with your podunk retarded sad excuse of a human life.

/rant
    Quote Quote  

10. -2280

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Congrats Locke, what was your dissertation on?
    I looked into the depression rate among young adults (21-35) in relation to the frequency they participate in sexual activity, taking into consideration factors that include religosity, marital status, how often they are social, personal expectations, etc. Obviously we know the more sexual activity a person has, the less depressed they tend to be. This was meant to delve into it deeper, looking into what factors cause some of the deviation we see in those results. It ended up being pretty convoluted, which I'm worried about. I spent most of the last year writing and re-writing it, trying to find the most parsimonious way to format it. I pretty much came to the conclusion that I'm not going to be able to present it in a format that doesn't make you want to drink a bottle of Jaeger, so I just went with it. At this point I don't care if they go cross-eyed reading it, as long as they give me my degrees and let me get on with my true passion: boozing...
    Quote Quote