Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 236 of 1439 FirstFirst ... 231232233234235236237238239240241 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 14384

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

  1. -2351
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,786
    vCash:
    4752
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Totally thought your steps would lead to:



    ...and Statler as a underpants gnome wouldnt surprise me, fairly certain he goes after Lockes on a regular basis.


    I only laugh so I don't cry...

    If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

    Quote Quote  

  2. -2352
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    8,282
    vCash:
    30549
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...193820748.html

    Know what that pastor should do? Turn the other cheek. Its unfortunate that pastors dont have a moral code to follow, perhaps in the form of a book that instructs them how to behave during difficult or embarrassing situations. Oh well.
    What a gal, that pastor. First she stiffs a waitress on a tip for an utterly bull**** (though creative) reason. Then, when publicly humiliated, instead of finding the waitress and making amends, she works to get the waitress fired. What's next, pissing in the waitress' gas tank? Stealing her significant other?

    I love that she called stiffing the waitress on the tip "a lapse in my character and judgement", too. Gonna call foul on that one. No only does it fit in with her character and judgement, but what do you want to bet this pastor has done this dozens of times before? You don't just wake up one morning and decide to have this philosophy. This is something you've seen before and thought about and have made a part of the way you act. Nobody gets a bigger tip than God. Not Taxi drivers. Not the pizza delivery guy. Not a bartender. No one. 10% is the max, with options only heading down.

    Would anyone have believed Mr. Pink if at the end of that scene in Reservoir Dogs he was like, "Sorry. It just seemed wrong right now. Normally I tip like a regular ****ing human being but today for some reason I'm having a lapse in my character and judgement."
    Quote Quote  

  3. -2353
    MoFinz's Avatar
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    3,052
    vCash:
    1016
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why are people insisting the pastor "stiffed" the waitress? The grat was auto added to the tab...the pastor didnt "stiff" her. Both the waitress and the pastor come off as small and bitchy here.

    BTW, i over tip like a mo-fo. Unless you totally foul up my experience with ineptitude or lack of desire to serve, then you get 40% on up depending on how well you treated me. And yes i do take into account how busy they are...i dont penalize for popularity.

    Plus....what means a little to me means a lot to them.....random acts of kindness rule


    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

  4. -2354
    MoFinz's Avatar
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    3,052
    vCash:
    1016
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    I certainly did not flag your post, in case you are trying to imply that. If a mod gave you an infraction it was done by them or someone else flagged the post. I don't flag posts. Insults or personal attacks are just a sign of helplessness. I usually let it stand or respond in-kind.

    I'd say the mods do a darn good job in controlling the PoFo which is not easy to do. They also do a good job differentiating between attack the post and the poster. Saying "your post is stupid" is not equal to saying "you are stupid". Saying "your opinion sucks" is not equal "you suck".

    And then of course: reputation. Reputation can be a bitch.
    Eat **** and die you ****** small ogre
    Quote Quote  

  5. -2355
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    8,282
    vCash:
    30549
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    Why are people insisting the pastor "stiffed" the waitress? The grat was auto added to the tab...the pastor didnt "stiff" her. Both the waitress and the pastor come off as small and bitchy here.

    BTW, i over tip like a mo-fo. Unless you totally foul up my experience with ineptitude or lack of desire to serve, then you get 40% on up depending on how well you treated me. And yes i do take into account how busy they are...i dont penalize for popularity.

    Plus....what means a little to me means a lot to them.....random acts of kindness rule
    The pastor wrote the "total" as the pre-tip added amount. Her bill was $34.93. The automatic tip would have been like $6 and change. The pastor scratched that out and signed the bill for $34.93.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -2356
    MoFinz's Avatar
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    3,052
    vCash:
    1016
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Im definitely one of the more lenient mods when it comes to infractions and such. You have to be blatant about it for me to hit you up. Most of the time if its borderline I just shoot a PM or something telling the parties involved to keep it calm and civil. If I see a post calling someone a "queer little troll," Im hitting you up 100 times out of 100. Thats about as blatant as it gets. I cant tell if youre joking about finding fault in that or not. If youre serious, all I can tell you is that nobody uses queer to mean strange anymore. This aint the 1600's.

    Besides, points only matter if you intend on repeatedly receiving infractions. You wouldnt believe it based on the length of our banned users list, but getting banned is pretty hard.

    So....if someone watches West Side Story today and sings that they feel pretty and witty and gay......that doesnt mean theyre happy, it means theyre fags......gotcha.

    No worries......God forbid anyone understand a word in the context of the statement it was made in.......cuz if ya look at my history, i have such a record of ridiculing people as gay.

    Im still calling bull****....i dont care what any of ya say.......youre the small minded ones about this, not me. I just cant believe you cant see it
    Quote Quote  

  7. -2357
    MoFinz's Avatar
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    3,052
    vCash:
    1016
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    The pastor wrote the "total" as the pre-tip added amount. Her bill was $34.93. The automatic tip would have been like $6 and change. The pastor scratched that out and signed the bill for $34.93.
    Doesnt matter what the pastor wrote on the ticket, unless she wrote in a higher amount accounting for an additional tip...the auto grat would be included in the charge, thats the whole point of auto grat. She would have been charged the amount above the write in on the ticket.

    Only the manager could have waived the autograt, and they obviously didnt or this wouldnt be the issue it is
    Quote Quote  

  8. -2358
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    8,282
    vCash:
    30549
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    So....if someone watches West Side Story today and sings that they feel pretty and witty and gay......that doesnt mean theyre happy, it means theyre fags......gotcha.

    No worries......God forbid anyone understand a word in the context of the statement it was made in.......cuz if ya look at my history, i have such a record of ridiculing people as gay.

    Im still calling bull****....i dont care what any of ya say.......youre the small minded ones about this, not me. I just cant believe you cant see it
    A relative of mine who believed in UFOs, the Mayan Apocalpyse, the idea that they faked the moon landings and did not accept Newton's law of the conservation of energy used to say this same thing.

    You're being quite dumb about this, and that comes from someone who cares a lot about the English language and it's proper usage. West Side Story was made in a time when gay was widely used to mean "happy." Anyone who watches that movie now knows that and recognizes the historical context. Calling someone "queer" today is different. You know that. Everyone knows that. It's a ****ing troll job at this point.

    ---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    Doesnt matter what the pastor wrote on the ticket, unless she wrote in a higher amount accounting for an additional tip...the auto grat would be included in the charge, thats the whole point of auto grat. She would have been charged the amount above the write in on the ticket.

    Only the manager could have waived the autograt, and they obviously didnt or this wouldnt be the issue it is
    Look at the image again.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -2359
    Buddy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    3,587
    vCash:
    13170
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Re: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    The pastor wrote the "total" as the pre-tip added amount. Her bill was $34.93. The automatic tip would have been like $6 and change. The pastor scratched that out and signed the bill for $34.93.
    The idiot gene is alive and well among the clergy/pastors/ etc. as well as everywhere else. The Applebees probably has a sign at the entrance staying that the gratuities would be added to parties of a certain size. I agree that thus is not the first time the pastor pulled this...shame on her, she is supposed to be a role model.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

  10. -2360
    MoFinz's Avatar
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    3,052
    vCash:
    1016
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    A relative of mine who believed in UFOs, the Mayan Apocalpyse, the idea that they faked the moon landings and did not accept Newton's law of the conservation of energy used to say this same thing.

    You're being quite dumb about this, and that comes from someone who cares a lot about the English language and it's proper usage. West Side Story was made in a time when gay was widely used to mean "happy." Anyone who watches that movie now knows that and recognizes the historical context. Calling someone "queer" today is different. You know that. Everyone knows that. It's a ****ing troll job at this point.

    ---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------



    Look at the image again.
    Now, lets talk about being dumb....someone uses a legitimate word contextually correct, but is supposed to not use said word because it did not offend anyone, but merely was interpreted by someone as being offensive. But I'm being dumb.

    And you look at the image.....have you ever worked in restaurants? Do you know how AUTO grat works? People can write whatever they want on a receipt, including QUEER.....the amount is always going to be the subtotal + taxes + autograt if applicable + additional tip TOTAL when entered into the credit card machine? Dont believe me? Try it....tell your server youre leaving them all cash....the manager is the one who has to remove the auto grat.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6718
    Last Post: 08-08-2013, 03:17 PM
  2. Replies: 1716
    Last Post: 02-04-2008, 03:37 PM
  3. can we keep this thread alive in the PoFo?
    By Maynard the Hammer in forum Questions and Suggestions Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2006, 11:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •