Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 241 of 1136 FirstFirst ... 236237238239240241242243244245246 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 11356

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -2401
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    I take that personally, I mean how many more times do I have to say how much I hate Bush, the Republicans, heck I even do not like Reagan anymore.

Actually how many more times do I had to say it didn't just get bad in january 2009, I remember, I was there. I would have to have amnesia. I remember siting in front of my tv, watching Taxidriver in our new house we could barely afford in late 2007. We had one daughter that was less than a year old, and my wife told me she was late. I said you have to be kidding me, you have an IUD, you can't get pregnant.

I soon found out how wrong I was, much like how wrong I am several times on this forum. The economy was TERRIBLE, and I was literally scared ****less. It was more than a year before Obama took office, and we were in a mess.

I do not like Obama, but truth be told, my financial well being has improved under him because my wife ended up finishing her degree and becoming a RN. I feel our biggest problem is that people only hold the other party responsible for problems, I have no party, unless you include the independent, or libertarian party, they are the only ones I feel comfortable with.
    You got that super sperm.

My story is close to that. I got laid off back in 2007 from the highest paying job I ever had. I was a construction supervisor in charge of 30 guys. Things were going good then the bottom dropped out. 2 months later my wife got laid off. We were up s***creek without a paddle. My wife still had her part-time job helping deliver babies at a birth center. She worked her way up and is now the office manager running the place. If it wasn't for her we would be in big trouble. I've managed to get more work but the pay isn't what it used to be. In many ways she's become my sugar mama. That's happening all over the country.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

2. -2402
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I take that personally, I mean how many more times do I have to say how much I hate Bush, the Republicans, heck I even do not like Reagan anymore.

Actually how many more times do I had to say it didn't just get bad in january 2009, I remember, I was there. I would have to have amnesia. I remember siting in front of my tv, watching Taxidriver in our new house we could barely afford in late 2007. We had one daughter that was less than a year old, and my wife told me she was late. I said you have to be kidding me, you have an IUD, you can't get pregnant.

I soon found out how wrong I was, much like how wrong I am several times on this forum. The economy was TERRIBLE, and I was literally scared ****less. It was more than a year before Obama took office, and we were in a mess.

I do not like Obama, but truth be told, my financial well being has improved under him because my wife ended up finishing her degree and becoming a RN. I feel our biggest problem is that people only hold the other party responsible for problems, I have no party, unless you include the independent, or libertarian party, they are the only ones I feel comfortable with.
    I wasn't referring to you either 3411. I should have clarified that. I was trying not to mention anyone specifically, as I didn't want to get into a flame war...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

3. -2403
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post

My story is close to that. I got laid off back in 2007 from the highest paying job I ever had. I was a construction supervisor in charge of 30 guys. Things were going good then the bottom dropped out. 2 months later my wife got laid off. We were up s***creek without a paddle. My wife still had her part-time job helping deliver babies at a birth center. She worked her way up and is now the office manager running the place. If it wasn't for her we would be in big trouble. I've managed to get more work but the pay isn't what it used to be. In many ways she's become my sugar mama. That's happening all over the country.
    Very similar story here too, wracking up the cash as a construction manager in 2008 then crash...laid off. Three terminated contacts/layoffs later I have finally started climbing back as the director of a medical center. While my wife and I were flat on our butts, we got full responsibility for the care of my wife's dad (dementia) and our granddaughter (parents are idiots). Talk about terrified and wondering who I ticked off. A lot of prayer and hard work dug us out combined with a willingness to go wherever and do whatever needed to be done to succeed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

4. -2404
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Very similar story here too, wracking up the cash as a construction manager in 2008 then crash...laid off. Three terminated contacts/layoffs later I have finally started climbing back as the director of a medical center. While my wife and I were flat on our butts, we got full responsibility for the care of my wife's dad (dementia) and our granddaughter (parents are idiots). Talk about terrified and wondering who I ticked off. A lot of prayer and hard work dug us out combined with a willingness to go wherever and do whatever needed to be done to succeed.

So right when you should have been enjoying an empty nest, you get all that thrown at you? Thats nuts.

Quote Quote  

5. -2405
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Super sperm, yeah that was the joke for a while about how I could just be in the same room with someone and boom, they're pregnant.

Actually, for some reason my wife rejected the IUD, and when they went to take it out, it wasn't even in her uterus, no sense in letting anyone know the truth on that though, as far as most my friends go, I'm just potent. Lol
    I get you with the sugar mama comment too. I'm lucky, I have a good job, but I can't keep up to the pay and benefits my wife makes, even sold my old Grand National and bought a Z06, if you're a car guy, they don't exactly suck.
    Quote Quote  

6. -2406
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Super sperm, yeah that was the joke for a while about how I could just be in the same room with someone and boom, they're pregnant.

Actually, for some reason my wife rejected the IUD, and when they went to take it out, it wasn't even in her uterus, no sense in letting anyone know the truth on that though, as far as most my friends go, I'm just potent. Lol
    I get you with the sugar mama comment too. I'm lucky, I have a good job, but I can't keep up to the pay and benefits my wife makes, even sold my old Grand National and bought a Z06, if you're a car guy, they don't exactly suck.
    I've been married for 12 years and for the first seven I was the main bread winner. Now my wife holds that title. I still pull my share but she definitely has the better paying job. I read a study some where saying that's the norm for a lot of families now.
    Quote Quote  

7. -2407
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post

Interesting....I wonder how much money of 9954's wife's birth center and Buddy's medical center receive through government supplemental programs (i.e. medicaid).
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Quote  

8. -2408
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    Interesting....I wonder how much money of 9954's wife's birth center and Buddy's medical center receive through government supplemental programs (i.e. medicaid).
    What is that supposed to mean?

My wife belongs to a union, I happen to have a very low opinion of unions for some very good reasons including some from area district attorneys that have prosecuted them. One of them went into detail about the MILLIONS of dollars an area union had cost taxpayers in increased construction costs.

You take the job you can get to put food on the table, my problem is with the people that advocate for these problem people, parties, groups etc., if you cannot see the difference, I don't know what to possibly tell you.
    Quote Quote  

9. -2409
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What is that supposed to mean?

You take the job you can get to put food on the table, my problem is with the people that advocate for these problem people, parties, groups etc., if you cannot see the difference, I don't know what to possibly tell you.
    I took the middle section out because I don't want to start a union thread.

What is that supposed to mean? I think it is pretty clear. People who are against government spending should think about what they are against. It is not just the direct flow of government money to people but also the indirect flow of money. Our entire nation depends on government money. If it is not directly it will be through those who receive government money i.e. medicare recipients pay salaries at hospitals, doctor offices, medical centers yep even birth centers. So if you are championing against government spending I wonder if you can live with the consequences of possibly losing a job.

And I find it ironic and right down sad to go against 'something' but that 'something' is good enough to put food on the table. What would you do without that 'something'? If I have a certain ideology I should live by that, otherwise I am just a hypocrite. It is the great irony of today's society to bitch about stuff yet act in a completely different way because it is just too convenient. Bitch about the hand that feeds you.
    Quote Quote  

10. -2410
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post

My wife's office put a cap on medicaid clients. Only 5 a month. The majority are private insurance. Medicaid pays crap so private insurance is always the prefered customer. They pay probably 30 to 40% more.
    Quote Quote