Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 242 of 1442 FirstFirst ... 237238239240241242243244245246247 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 14413

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -2411
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Calling it before the game starts:

30-27, Ravens over 49'ers.

Enjoy gentlemen, will return drunk at a later time.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

2. -2412
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Calling it before the game starts:

30-27, Ravens over 49'ers.

Enjoy gentlemen, will return drunk at a later time.

I'm going Ravens too!!!!

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

3. -2413
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    I took the middle section out because I don't want to start a union thread.

What is that supposed to mean? I think it is pretty clear. People who are against government spending should think about what they are against. It is not just the direct flow of government money to people but also the indirect flow of money. Our entire nation depends on government money. If it is not directly it will be through those who receive government money i.e. medicare recipients pay salaries at hospitals, doctor offices, medical centers yep even birth centers. So if you are championing against government spending I wonder if you can live with the consequences of possibly losing a job.

And I find it ironic and right down sad to go against 'something' but that 'something' is good enough to put food on the table. What would you do without that 'something'? If I have a certain ideology I should live by that, otherwise I am just a hypocrite. It is the great irony of today's society to bitch about stuff yet act in a completely different way because it is just too convenient. Bitch about the hand that feeds you.

You are a freak.

So let me get this straight, government, through very little help of mine has gotten so big (what is it now 24-25%GDP?) that it intertwines in almost every aspect of our economy and life.

I have almost no option as far as a job is concerned, in taking a job that does not either directly, or indirectly depend on at least some gov...sorry, i meant TAXPAYER money, and because I feel government spends WAY too much, especially on defense, you label me as a hypocrite...

Amazing, you really add much to the discussion, maybe you can tell me a job that does not at least partially depend on government spending. I'm in the electrical industry, and we benefit from state and federal government spending, I didn't know I was against it all, a little thing like opening up bids to non union companies would save a bunch, i'm for that.

Again,you are a liberal freak, way to make an argument, take your opponents view so far to the extreme as to make it laughable, and then argue there.

That's what you do when you have no argument.

I have said before the first step we should take to balance our budget is to go to a zero baseline...wow, why don't you argue that point (would have saved us 9.5 TRILLION over ten years)?
    Quote Quote  

4. -2414
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    You are a freak.
    If you can't argue the subject resort to.....

Honestly, it is not my fault that people are hypocrites when it comes to government spending. They like freedom and liberty when it benefits them and vice versa. Same with government spending.

BTW, you labeled yourself as a hypocrite. I talked about people in general. But if the shoe fits.....

Have a wonderful Sunday evening...
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

5. -2415
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    My wife's office put a cap on medicaid clients. Only 5 a month. The majority are private insurance. Medicaid pays crap so private insurance is always the prefered customer. They pay probably 30 to 40% more.
    5????
    What do they do if a pregnant lady comes in and has only medicaid and would be #6? Reject her?
    Let me rehash that: government is spending too much on Medicaid yet they are paying crap (which goes totally against this "government is wasting money"). And if government is spending too much, yet they pay private medical facilities crap, and REAL insurance companies pay 30-40% more what does that say about our insurance industry?

So the birth center your wife is working for is nothing for lower middle class and if a lady comes in with an emergency she would be rejected if she is not one of the lucky 5?
    Quote Quote  

6. -2416
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    If you can't argue the subject resort to.....

Honestly, it is not my fault that people are hypocrites when it comes to government spending. They like freedom and liberty when it benefits them and vice versa. Same with government spending.

BTW, you labeled yourself as a hypocrite. I talked about people in general. But if the shoe fits.....

Have a wonderful Sunday evening...
    Yep, like I said, freaks usually take an argument of their opposition, increase it to ridiculous, extreme levels, and then argue there, as if their opponent argues from there.

There is a reason people of your own ideological beliefs have you on ignore...opposite beliefs, it happens, same beliefs...you are a freak.

Try and find where I have EVER said all government spending is bad, it is obvious to the reasonable people deficits like we have cannot go on forever.
    Quote Quote  

7. -2417
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Power went out at the SuperBowl?!?!?! Merica died today and phins4ever is a douchebag. Dan Marino is loving this.
    Quote Quote  

8. -2418
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    Yep, like I said, freaks usually take an argument of their opposition, increase it to ridiculous, extreme levels, and then argue there, as if their opponent argues from there.

There is a reason people of your own ideological beliefs have you on ignore...opposite beliefs, it happens, same beliefs...you are a freak.

Try and find where I have EVER said all government spending is bad, it is obvious to the reasonable people deficits like we have cannot go on forever.
    You stepped into the discussion dear. You quoted my post with a union comment though I didn't say anything about unions. My post must have hit home because, as I recall, I didn't make any accusations, did no name calling, just said "I wonder.....". But you couldn't help yourself, tried to go for it and two posts later when you couldn't argue your position anymore you are trying to be all smarty with some stupid name calling. This is what you have with everybody in common outside my 'ideology' (though you have no clue how I feel or what I think or what my ideology is) - when in doubt, throw your hands up in the air and try to make it personal. Meeehhhhh..won't work.

In my posts I also spoke in general terms if you put that shoe on then this is up to you. Don't make your failures my faults.

And I certainly don't care who and when someone ignores me. That is up to the individual posters. I know only of one person who ignores me but only because he announced it. Now when you speak in plural about 'people of my own ideological beliefs' than you have more info then I do. But again, I could care less. If that knowledge gets you going - good for you. Obviously you can't argue the subject.
    Quote Quote  

9. -2419
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    So right when you should have been enjoying an empty nest, you get all that thrown at you? Thats nuts.
    It sucks but I wouldn't have it any other way. They are both well taken care of and that means a lot to my wife and I.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

10. -2420
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    It sucks but I wouldn't have it any other way. They are both well taken care of and that means a lot to my wife and I.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    I could only imagine what all goes into that though. For the last year or so of my grandfather's life he lived at home, but needed a lot of help. Even with a few of us rotating responsibilities at his place, it was still a lot of work. He didnt even fully lose his mind either. I cant imagine handling an elderly person in your home thats slipping mentally is an easy task at all. Props to you for not throwing him in an old folks home or whatever though. Thats the easy choice. I cant imagine ever putting my parent in one of those.

Quote Quote