Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 249 of 1509 FirstFirst ... 244245246247248249250251252253254 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 15087

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -2481
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'll drink a beer for you brother. And if she murders you, you have my word that I'll murder thousands of pixilated zombies in your honor...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

2. -2482
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    What the problem really is, is that in a video game or a project you are put in a position where you are forced to solve problems for a girls. Girls hate solutions. They cant stand them. If you give them one, youll be called an *******, most likely. The proper thing to do is to empathize with them and pretend to listen to their feelings about them. No solutions.

For example, if she is upset because Sally is mad at her, the last thing you want to do is offer real, tangible advice on how to smooth the situation over. In their mind, you arent listening to them and youre an *******.
    Spoken with truth gained from experience. If you give them advice, best case scenario is they accuse you of "not getting it", worst case you have to deal with an argument because "your trying to solve their problems for them".

Best solution ive found is to just grunt when asked and occassionally drop an "i agree" randomly into the discussion. Your both fueling their anger while remaining dismissive enough for their daddy issues. Plus you get to focus on more productive things. You know, like anything other than that conversation.
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

3. -2483
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Oh and while Im on the topic, it blows my mind how girls can get into a mode where they refuse to accept that what they wanted to happen simply isnt feasible or even possible and will get mad at YOU because of it.

For example, lets say, theoretically, youre in a small town in the middle of nowhere visiting your brother. This girl you went up there with is insistent upon partying on Saturday night, but downtown is far away and theres nothing else going on and she was told this before we left. You dont want to tell her that youre all going back to your brother's place to play XBox, watch TV and drink beer and that everyone can have more fun there than at some lame ass cabin party throw by a bunch of freshman. If you do that, she may flip out, call you an *******, slam doors, threaten to leave, call her friends bitching about what an ******* you are while you are playing Madden, end up sleeping on the bathroom floor, then not talk to anyone in the apartment at all the next day.

Quote Quote  

4. -2484
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Spoken with truth gained from experience. If you give them advice, best case scenario is they accuse you of "not getting it", worst case you have to deal with an argument because "your trying to solve their problems for them".

Best solution ive found is to just grunt when asked and occassionally drop an "i agree" randomly into the discussion. Your both fueling their anger while remaining dismissive enough for their daddy issues. Plus you get to focus on more productive things. You know, like anything other than that conversation.
    Because as guys we don't get it. We think the "problem" they're having is their actual problem, when most of the time for women the "surface" problem (known to guys as "the actual problem") is never really the problem. It's just a metaphor for something else. By suggesting a "solution" to the surface problem what we as guys are saying is that we don't understand what their problems really are, or that we don't care about them.

Your solution is the correct one, though. Even if you can burrow your way to the real problem it's almost never worth it, and just sets you up to hear all of them. Just offer some empathy and look for a good opening to change the subject.
    Quote Quote  

5. -2485
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I'll drink a beer for you brother. And if she murders you, you have my word that I'll murder thousands of pixilated zombies in your honor...
    Speaking of beer, im boozing up while shes off marauding for flesh. I mean eating dinner. Shes not drinking so i figure ill be at an advantage when i curse her out.

And speaking of zombies, hows dead space. Heard it went the way of Resident Evil 6(which, incidentially is what i agreed to play with psycho). Boring and frustrating.
    Quote Quote  

6. -2486
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Oh and while Im on the topic, it blows my mind how girls can get into a mode where they refuse to accept that what they wanted to happen simply isnt feasible or even possible and will get mad at YOU because of it.

For example, lets say, theoretically, youre in a small town in the middle of nowhere visiting your brother. This girl you went up there with is insistent upon partying on Saturday night, but downtown is far away and theres nothing else going on and she was told this before we left. You dont want to tell her that youre all going back to your brother's place to play XBox, watch TV and drink beer and that everyone can have more fun there than at some lame ass cabin party throw by a bunch of freshman. If you do that, she may flip out, call you an *******, slam doors, threaten to leave, call her friends bitching about what an ******* you are while you are playing Madden, end up sleeping on the bathroom floor, then not talk to anyone in the apartment at all the next day.
    Also, as a rule, I'd suggest not getting drunk and telling a lady you're involved with to clean the sand out of her vag because it's making her grumpy. I don't think I've ever seen Nina that mad. She STILL brings it up occasionally...

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Speaking of beer, im boozing up while shes off marauding for flesh. I mean eating dinner. Shes not drinking so i figure ill be at an advantage when i curse her out.

And speaking of zombies, hows dead space. Heard it went the way of Resident Evil 6(which, incidentially is what i agreed to play with psycho). Boring and frustrating.
    I like it. Much more difficult than Resident Evil. Not as scary as the first one, but it plays smoother, kind of like Mass Effect 3. I'm playing it co-op with my brother, and it's a good time. This coming from a guy who didn't like Resident Evil 6 that much...
    Quote Quote  

7. -2487
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Because as guys we don't get it. We think the "problem" they're having is their actual problem, when most of the time for women the "surface" problem (known to guys as "the actual problem") is never really the problem. It's just a metaphor for something else. By suggesting a "solution" to the surface problem what we as guys are saying is that we don't understand what their problems really are, or that we don't care about them.

Your solution is the correct one, though. Even if you can burrow your way to the real problem it's almost never worth it, and just sets you up to hear all of them. Just offer some empathy and look for a good opening to change the subject.
    I have yet to come across a situation in which learning the real problem was worth it. Its always convoluted and based on personal insecurities. That **** wont be fixed until they fix it themselves. As for changing the subject, that works occassionally but most of the time ive found you just have to deal with it like a natural disaster. Board the windows, have plenty of water, put your head down and ride it out.
    Quote Quote  

8. -2488
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Also, as a rule, I'd suggest not getting drunk and telling a lady you're involved with to clean the sand out of her vag because it's making her grumpy. I don't think I've ever seen Nina that mad. She STILL brings it up occasionally...
    Similarly, if youre drunk and a girl is bitching at you, you probably want to avoid bringing up the fact that her boyfriend does crack and beats her. Turns out it touches a nerve.

I actually felt legitimately bad for that one after the fact.
    Quote Quote  

9. -2489
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like it. Much more difficult than Resident Evil. Not as scary as the first one, but it plays smoother, kind of like Mass Effect 3. I'm playing it co-op with my brother, and it's a good time. This coming from a guy who didn't like Resident Evil 6 that much...
    Heard the co-op was significantly better then the single player. The horror is gone in either case, but a good co-op game is a good time anyways.

And agreed on RE6, even without Crazybitch209 it was more frustrating than entertaining. If we dont beat it tonight and she has another meltdown im thinking of selling it. Figure the amusement i get from that reaction should cover the ****iness of the game. Or come close at least.
    Quote Quote  

10. -2490
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have yet to come across a situation in which learning the real problem was worth it. Its always convoluted and based on personal insecurities. That **** wont be fixed until they fix it themselves. As for changing the subject, that works occassionally but most of the time ive found you just have to deal with it like a natural disaster. Board the windows, have plenty of water, put your head down and ride it out.
    I don't even think most women want to discuss whatever "real" problem they're having when they're dating you, because a lot of the time the problem is you or is somehow related to you. Discussing that **** is what her friends (or those poor saps in her friend zone) are for.
    Quote Quote