Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 262 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 257258259260261262263264265266267 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 11453

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -2611
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

The ****?
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    its all right, Im a rice dick apparently.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2612
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post

The ****?
    Thats the problem with the internet...we've gotten to the WTF section, where all rational hillarity has been used up and we get this **** passed off as funny to us

Sad

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

3. -2613
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    No but I am gearing up for it this summer. How does the clay pot work? Sounds very interesting. Is it like an egg smoker? Pics?
    It's a version of the Alton Brown clay pot smoker. He talks about it in an episode of Good Eats, but the show doesn't really give you enough information to build one. I used this Web site to fill in the details. Finding a hot plate you can take apart was the key:

http://www.naffziger.net/blog/2008/0...er/#idc-ctools

Locating the actual clay pots was the hardest part. Very difficult to find ones of the right size and slope of side to fit the grill grates the right way.

I make my own rub and sauce. I smoke with a combination of apple and hickory and finish off the last few hours in a braise of apple cider vinegar, onions and a few other ingredients (I cook it until it gets to 185-190 degrees).

Here's a pic of my rig:

The blue tape seals the edge and prevents the chunks from smoking too fast, and helps the heating element not have to work as hard. The whole thing cost less than $150, including the groceries. A green egg on the other hand runs, what? $800? For that extra money it's easier to load more wood and the Egg monitors the temp for you. But hey, monitoring the temp is part of the fun. I basically spend all day outside drinking beer and fiddling with the controls to try and keep it as close to 225 as I can.
    Last edited by TheWalrus; 02-14-2013 at 06:22 PM.
    I'm giving you a choice: either put on these glasses or start eatin' that trash can.
    Quote Quote  

4. -2614
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Has anyone here ever smoked a brisket? I have my own homemade clay pot smoker I've thus far only ever used for pork shoulder but was thinking of tackling brisket next.
    I have a dude that works with me that used to do competitive BBQ. I'm hoping that he'll teach me how once his kitchen is done being remodeled.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Diecast: Fade Away
    http://youtu.be/bDWlJL5dTxA
    Quote Quote  

5. -2615
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    If i could give anything related to cooked pork more than one thumbs up i would....Im with John Travolta in Pulp Fiction....Yeah, but bacon tastes good, Pork Chops taste good.....
    I fully agree that pork makes everything taste better!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

It's a version of the Alton Brown clay pot smoker. He talks about it in an episode of Good Eats, but the show doesn't really give you enough information to build one. I used this Web site to fill in the details. Finding a hot plate you can take apart was the key:

Finding the actual clay pots was the hardest part. Very difficult to find ones of the right size and slope of side to fit the grill grates the right way.

I make my own rub and sauce. I smoke with a combination of apple and hickory and finish off the last few hours in a braise of apple cider vinegar, onions and a few other ingredients, to finish it off (I cook it until it gets to 190 degrees).

Here's a pic of my rig:

The blue tape makes for a seal to prevent the chunks from smoking too fast, and for the heating element not to have to work as hard. The whole thing cost less than $150, including the groceries. A green egg on the other hand runs, what? $800? For that extra money it's easier to load more wood and it monitors the temp for you. But hey, monitoring the temp is part of the fun. I basically spend all day outside drinking beer and fiddling with the controls to try and keep it as close to 225 as I can.
    That is outstanding!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

6. -2616

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Locating the actual clay pots was the hardest part. Very difficult to find ones of the right size and slope of side to fit the grill grates the right way.

I make my own rub and sauce. I smoke with a combination of apple and hickory and finish off the last few hours in a braise of apple cider vinegar, onions and a few other ingredients (I cook it until it gets to 185-190 degrees).

Here's a pic of my rig:

The blue tape seals the edge and prevents the chunks from smoking too fast, and helps the heating element not have to work as hard. The whole thing cost less than $150, including the groceries. A green egg on the other hand runs, what? $800? For that extra money it's easier to load more wood and the Egg monitors the temp for you. But hey, monitoring the temp is part of the fun. I basically spend all day outside drinking beer and fiddling with the controls to try and keep it as close to 225 as I can.
    I just want you to know im gonna forward that pic to Homeland security and tell them ive seen you buying loads of ammonium nitrate and you fly your flagupside down........
    Quote Quote  

7. -2617
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    I just want you to know im gonna forward that pic to Homeland security and tell them ive seen you buying loads of ammonium nitrate and you fly your flagupside down........
    Mmmmm.... ammonium nitrate. Yummy.
    Quote Quote  

8. -2618

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oh yeah...Wallys gonna put a jihad on us....go Wally...its yo Birfday....

Oh yeah...Wallys gonna put a jihad on us....go Wally...its yo Birfday....
    Last edited by rob19; 02-15-2013 at 11:57 AM. Reason: duplicate
    Quote Quote  

9. -2619

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

10. -2620
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks

Here's a pic of my rig:

Yeah man all the time! Briskets are cheap and cooked right will fall apart! I cooks several a year I bet, along with Turkeys and Ribs, we used to have an annual pig roast (we ran it for 30 years at the lake), cooked a whole pig, couple of briskets or sirloin tips, couple of turkeys, dish to pass, kegs a band....the works. We killed the party because it started to become friends of friends of etc...and kids would show up like it was a college kegger so we had to stop.

Anyhoo I usually cook my ribs, brisket and turkeys in a garbage can like this:

I have two or three garbage can spits at any given time and use them for everything. Of course in the winter it takes a **** load more charcoal lol.

It's cool as hell you made Alton's ceramic BBQ, I have been wanting to try and make that sucker for a couple years now! If you look up his recipe for bourbon glazed, ginger snap crusted Ham, I bet that would be ****ing fantastic to make in that ceramic pit.

Nevermind lol I looked it up for you:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/a...ipe/index.html
    Hold My Beer and Watch This!
    Quote Quote