Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 271 of 1139 FirstFirst ... 266267268269270271272273274275276 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 11389

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -2701
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Vodka. No idea why, but vodka gets my blood going. I completely swore it off years ago and havent touched it since. Seemed like every time i touched the stuff some messed up **** happened.

And my bad rob, coulda sworn you stated you avoided drinking for other interests. Then again, ive had a few in me...which i suppose proves one of the points you were making.
    A lot of my friends swear different alcohols give them different drunks and I tell them all they are full of ****. Its all the same to me.

Now what WILL make me act the fool is this one drinking game called pass out. Its was meant to be a pretty intense drinking game with beer, and we decided it works best with half and half mixed drinks. That usually did not end well for a few people who got ****ed over by the dice. I once downed one of those litre sized bottles of anejo in a little over two hours. Cause I wasnt gonna be the ***** who couldnt handle the lows of the game. I dont think I threw up, but I wasnt pretty. I will never do that again. My point was proven.

Quote Quote  

2. -2702
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    A few weeks back I saw this dude bragging about how hard he parties. He proceeds to throw up everywhere after about 10 beers . Theres no worse person than this.

I get the worst hangovers ever and can't drink like some people I know doing shot after shot and still stay upright, but I can hold it together and not show it like a champ. I was once pulled over after 10 beers and a shot and the cop never even bothered to ask me if I had been drinking. Had me out of the car and everything, just chatting. I made a turn on red without coming to a complete stop. The hard part was not breathing in his direction while we were talking.
    I'm giving you a choice: either put on these glasses or start eatin' that trash can.
    Quote Quote  

3. -2703
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A lot of my friends swear different alcohols give them different drunks and I tell them all they are full of ****. Its all the same to me.

Now what WILL make me act the fool is this one drinking game called pass out. Its was meant to be a pretty intense drinking game with beer, and we decided it works best with half and half mixed drinks. That usually did not end well for a few people who got ****ed over by the dice. I once downed one of those litre sized bottles of anejo in a little over two hours. Cause I wasnt gonna be the ***** who couldnt handle the lows of the game. I dont think I threw up, but I wasnt pretty. I will never do that again. My point was proven.
    Well, Vodka is the excuse im using

Worse drinking game i played was Bet Your Liver. Not because of the game, which i had played many times before, but because we tried to use a metalic coffee mug as the gambling cup. Cheap beer in a cheap metal container? I was almost vomiting from the get go. After i let some of the "winners" take a sip, we agreed id just drink absurdly later. Hardly the worse drinking game ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    its all right, Im a rice dick apparently.
    Quote Quote  

4. -2704

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well, Vodka is the excuse im using

Worse drinking game i played was Bet Your Liver. Not because of the game, which i had played many times before, but because we tried to use a metalic coffee mug as the gambling cup. Cheap beer in a cheap metal container? I was almost vomiting from the get go. After i let some of the "winners" take a sip, we agreed id just drink absurdly later. Hardly the worse drinking game ever.
    I can imagine. Pass Out and **** the Dealer are the only two drinking games I really ever took a liking to. Those are good ones. Usually when people bring up drinking games around me I go into the Jim Jefferies stand up routine about them. Back in the Bahamas we got this drinking game...you finish your drink and then you pour another one. Rinse and repeat
    Quote Quote  

5. -2705

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Love Jim Jefferies. This bit is so true . Hell with a beer pong.

Quote Quote  

6. -2706
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Never heard of the trash can smoker. I bet it takes a ton of charcoal to make that fly, the aluminum's so thin.

Never thought to make a ham. Not a big fan of hams, other than in a sandwich. But bourbon glazed anything can't be all bad.

The biggest downside of my rig is it's a huge pain to open it to do anything. Doing a shoulder I only open it three times. Once after three hours to load in more wood, one more time after another three hours to load the shoulder into a braising liquid, and then the last time, to eat. If a thermometer falls out or starts giving an obviously bogus reading, you just have to live with it, pretty much. I put two probes into the meat for that reason, with a third probe monitoring the air temp. I put a bi-metal thermometer at the top but only as a sort of a valve for air flow. If the smoke's billowing, I close the opening somewhat and vice versa.

Got any tips for brisket? Do you brine and/or inject? Thoughts on styles of rubs? The rub I use for the pork shoulder is pretty spicy, but I've heard that brisket likes black pepper a lot more than sugars or cayenne or paprika. This is my pork shoulder rub, for reference:

• 1/4 cup paprika
    • 2 tablespoons salt
    • 2 tablespoons sugar
    • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
    • 2 tablespoons cumin
    • 2 tablespoons chili powder
    • 2 tablespoons black pepper
    • 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
    Yes I do actually as I cook brisket a lot, as you know slow and low wins with anything like ribs or brisket (250 and for a large brisket 6 hours, if you have to feed people quick 300 for 4 with smaller briskets are better but they are a little tougher usually if you cook them that fast). Your rub above is fabulous, there isn't anything wrong with it and I've used many other similar rubs, I have a well stocked spice rack and sometimes I just grab **** and hammer it home but the basic paprika, garlic, pepper, salt and (brown) sugar can be a platform for so many variations.

I tend to inject my brisket and I try to keep it simple with the injection, I want it to add to the flavor of the meat not take it over, what I do is first grab whole garlic and peal it but leave it whole, I cut slits in the meat and wedge the garlic cloves under the surface of the meat in about a dozen locations. Next I'll mix up a batch of injection (1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar and 1/4 cup of chicken or beef stock or a bouillon cube dissolved in water). After that I will dry rub the brisket and your rub above would be perfect, speaking of perfect for those who want to keep a good all purpose rub around the house buy Durkee Six Pepper Blend, it's cheap and all the basics are in there.

With the trash can in summer I tend to use one whole large bag of charcoal and if it is winter two or even three, I did turkeys for a Snowmobile Club Party in February one year and it was 5 degrees and I ended up putting wood on the damn thing lol but we got'em cooked up. That was an event that particular party lol, we had to use one of those weed burners that hook to a ten pound propane tank to thaw an area big enough to peck out the area we used for the cans and spits. You have to dig down about three inches so the can is below ground and we didn't have a pick ax all we had were shovels and a big ass touch but it worked in the end lol.
    Hold My Beer and Watch This!
    Quote Quote  

7. -2707
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A few weeks back I saw this dude bragging about how hard he parties. He proceeds to throw up everywhere after about 10 beers . Theres no worse person than this.
    Dude, something happened over the last year and a half to where I can't really drink as much as I used to. Maybe I try and do too much too fast, I don't know. The last party we had around September, I don't remember large chucks of that night. I remember every part of that bachelor party where I drank so much, but not much of this night. I also seem to throw up more often than I used to. So I pretty much stopped. I still drink from time to time, but not to get drunk anymore.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Matthew Santos: Shadows in a Shoebox
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaV9yPc_EYw
    Quote Quote  

8. -2708
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    Yes I do actually as I cook brisket a lot, as you know slow and low wins with anything like ribs or brisket (250 and for a large brisket 6 hours, if you have to feed people quick 300 for 4 with smaller briskets are better but they are a little tougher usually if you cook them that fast). Your rub above is fabulous, there isn't anything wrong with it and I've used many other similar rubs, I have a well stocked spice rack and sometimes I just grab **** and hammer it home but the basic paprika, garlic, pepper, salt and (brown) sugar can be a platform for so many variations.

I tend to inject my brisket and I try to keep it simple with the injection, I want it to add to the flavor of the meat not take it over, what I do is first grab whole garlic and peal it but leave it whole, I cut slits in the meat and wedge the garlic cloves under the surface of the meat in about a dozen locations. Next I'll mix up a batch of injection (1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar and 1/4 cup of chicken or beef stock or a bouillon cube dissolved in water). After that I will dry rub the brisket and your rub above would be perfect, speaking of perfect for those who want to keep a good all purpose rub around the house buy Durkee Six Pepper Blend, it's cheap and all the basics are in there.

With the trash can in summer I tend to use one whole large bag of charcoal and if it is winter two or even three, I did turkeys for a Snowmobile Club Party in February one year and it was 5 degrees and I ended up putting wood on the damn thing lol but we got'em cooked up. That was an event that particular party lol, we had to use one of those weed burners that hook to a ten pound propane tank to thaw an area big enough to peck out the area we used for the cans and spits. You have to dig down about three inches so the can is below ground and we didn't have a pick ax all we had were shovels and a big ass touch but it worked in the end lol.
    That's great info, thanks. Never thought about the garlic cloves before. That's interesting. Only 6 hours at 250? I thought brisket took much longer than that. That's crazy about the torch. I think maybe the weather was trying to tell you something about doing barbeque.
    Quote Quote  

9. -2709
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Love Jim Jefferies. This bit is so true . Hell with a beer pong.

I've never really fooled with drinking games other than matching the shots other people were doing.
    Quote Quote  

10. -2710
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So he sleeps with dogs and dry humps shrubbery. Outstanding. You are quickly becoming my favorite poster.

Though i shudder at the thought of jim beam. Never again. I used to drink that stuff like the worlds supply was running out. One day, i just couldnt take it anymore. It was like a flicking a light switch. Partied one night while drinking it, a few nights later couldnt get down a shot. Usually drinking Jameson, though ive been trying to branch out. Makers Mark is officially on my **** list after the stunt they're pulling. For those that havent heard, they decided their to successful so they are watering down their whiskey. Of all the inhuman crimes in this day and age, that might take the cake.

Hit me with a drone strike, i dont care, but dont you touch my booze.

These are pretty minor compared to some of my more extravagant adventures. I'd dish on some of her stories, but I'm a fan of having intact balls...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote