Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 293 of 1609 FirstFirst ... 288289290291292293294295296297298 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 16086

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -2921
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    Funny how you didn't cite the source of your definition, I know why you didn't. Evolutionists calling ID creationism doesn't make it so. If all IDers are creationists then why is one of the founders of the Discovery Institute (Berlinski) an agnostic? So someone who doesn't believe in God believes God created the Earth? Get real.
    If you want to say Dawkins believes life on Earth might be the design of intelligent alien beings, that's fine & that's one thing. It'd be no different than believing an architect designed a building. If you want to say "Dawkins if moving towards ID", as if to imply he's reconsidering his stance on creationism, then you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Statler
    You still dodged my question, so are there Christians who believe the Earth is 6,000 years old who are not "crazy" in your opinion? Answer the question please.
    It might not necessarily make them crazy, but the belief is crazy nonetheless.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2922
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    If you want to say Dawkins believes life on Earth might be the design of intelligent alien beings, that's fine & that's one thing. It'd be no different than believing an architect designed a building. If you want to say "Dawkins if moving towards ID", as if to imply he's reconsidering his stance on creationism, then you're wrong.
    Intelligent aliens seeding life on Earth IS intelligent design! There are scientists who believe that very thing and belong to the Discovery Institute. They even use your analogy of buildings. If Dawkins believes aliens seeded life on Earth, then he believes in intelligent design and is not merely moving that direction as I asserted. I don't think he believes that yet, but he is definitely more friendly to the idea than he was ten years ago.

It might not necessarily make them crazy, but the belief is crazy nonetheless.
    Ok, so a person can believe in a young Earth and not be crazy, so then why do you believe I am "crazy"? No reason?
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

3. -2923
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Godamnit. Our thread of drinking, drug talk, and general shenanigans got hijacked by Statler's insanity. Is nothing sacred anymore? There's not escaping it...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

4. -2924
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Godamnit. Our thread of drinking, drug talk, and general shenanigans got hijacked by Statler's insanity. Is nothing sacred anymore? There's not escaping it...
    Agreed, was just going to post something similar. A thread that Statler posts in "devolves" into a discussion on evolution? Who would have thought.
    Quote Quote  

5. -2925
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Don't forget "talking about Statler behind his back!" Aww poor baby :P
    Quote Quote  

6. -2926
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    Don't forget "talking about Statler behind his back!" Aww poor baby :P
    Well, technically a FH message board thread in a sub-forum you frequent wouldnt be behind your back...

Quote Quote  

7. -2927
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Agreed, was just going to post something similar. A thread that Statler posts in "devolves" into a discussion on evolution? Who would have thought.
    So you view moving from talking about drinking, drugs, and the like to science, origins, and philosophy is somehow me "devolving" the discussion? No wonder you're an atheist! Lol
    Quote Quote  

8. -2928
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    On Thursday I made roast beef in the crock pot since I'm a fan of making things that you just throw into a pot and eat a day later. I had some of it yesterday, and predictably it was delicious. So this morning when I finally pried myself out of bed, I walked into the kitchen to see my so-called-vegetarian wife leaning over the crock pot and smelling it. She claims she was just looking to see what I put in there, but I'm pretty sure I saw her getting a big whiff of amazing roast beefy aroma. We've been married about 2 years, and dated for 3 beforehand, and I've never seen her even glance at meat, nevermind look interested in trying some. I could never be a vegetarian, but I've always been supportive of her decision and have never tried to get her to eat anything she didn't want. But now I'm wondering if I should broach the subject. It would be nice to not have to make 2 separate meals every night...
    Quote Quote  

9. -2929
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Eh, you alcoholics needed to be hosed down anyway.
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

10. -2930
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Intelligent aliens seeding life on Earth IS intelligent design! There are scientists who believe that very thing and belong to the Discovery Institute. They even use your analogy of buildings. If Dawkins believes aliens seeded life on Earth, then he believes in intelligent design and is not merely moving that direction as I asserted. I don't think he believes that yet, but he is definitely more friendly to the idea than he was ten years ago.
    Whatís your point then? Of course itís a theoretical possibility, but when you responded to mofinzí post in which he said he believes in ID versus (or as opposed) to evolution, then you implied that Dawkins was starting to lean towards ID as opposed to evolution when that clearly isnít the case. Dawkins said in the video that even if life was seeded here by Aliens that those Aliens ultimately arose by some Darwinian means.

So weíre talking about two different things when we say ID. When I think of ID (as Iím sure is the case with most people), I think people are referring to whether or not a deity created the universe, not if an intelligent being designed any old thing.

Ok, so a person can believe in a young Earth and not be crazy, so then why do you believe I am "crazy"? No reason?
    It could be ignorance on their part, they might not know any better. People used to believe the Earth was flat but that didnít necessarily make anyone crazy. In your case, the fact that you pretend not to know why everyone thinks your crazy is what makes you crazy; among other things.

---
    Speaking of dodging questions, Iím going to give you a specific scenario that I want you to answer. At any point in time, do you believe the act of two male adults who consent to fornicate with one another is an act worth being executed over? Yes or no.
    Quote Quote