Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 294 of 1661 FirstFirst ... 289290291292293294295296297298299 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 16602

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

  1. -2931
    Statler Waldorf's Avatar
    Bench Warmer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    1,262
    vCash:
    1284
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Well, technically a FH message board thread in a sub-forum you frequent wouldnt be behind your back...

    They didn't know I frequent this thread because of the time difference, so if you're talking about someone when you think they are not listening and they just happen to hear you, you were still talking behind their back ;-)
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2932
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,868
    vCash:
    5448
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesBW43 View Post
    Eh, you alcoholics needed to be hosed down anyway.


    Where've you been anyways James? Seems like you disappeared right around the same time Zest stopped posting...

    If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

    Quote Quote  

  3. -2933
    Spesh's Avatar
    #freespesh

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    8,428
    vCash:
    1215
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Well, technically a FH message board thread in a sub-forum you frequent wouldnt be behind your back...
    Especially since he admitted to stalking Locke's post.

    ---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    So you view moving from talking about drinking, drugs, and the like to science, origins, and philosophy is somehow me "devolving" the discussion? No wonder you're an atheist! Lol
    Key part of your post, answers the question of why the thread devolved.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -2934
    rob19's Avatar
    Soul Rebel

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    7,542
    vCash:
    9622
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    On Thursday I made roast beef in the crock pot since I'm a fan of making things that you just throw into a pot and eat a day later. I had some of it yesterday, and predictably it was delicious. So this morning when I finally pried myself out of bed, I walked into the kitchen to see my so-called-vegetarian wife leaning over the crock pot and smelling it. She claims she was just looking to see what I put in there, but I'm pretty sure I saw her getting a big whiff of amazing roast beefy aroma. We've been married about 2 years, and dated for 3 beforehand, and I've never seen her even glance at meat, nevermind look interested in trying some. I could never be a vegetarian, but I've always been supportive of her decision and have never tried to get her to eat anything she didn't want. But now I'm wondering if I should broach the subject. It would be nice to not have to make 2 separate meals every night...
    I tried going vegetarian about a year & a half back. I lasted about 2 & 1/2 or 3 months before I cracked. Chicken wings & hot sauce broke me... I'm only so strong.

    That being said, just let her do the vegetarian thing. For most people it's a moral issue rather than a taste issue.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -2935
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,868
    vCash:
    5448
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    They didn't know I frequent this thread because of the time difference, so if you're talking about someone when you think they are not listening and they just happen to hear you, you were still talking behind their back ;-)
    What time difference? If you're in Oregon, you're one hour behind me. I'm up pretty regularly until 1-2 AM and I've never seen you in this thread. You're by far the most pathological liar I've ever come across. Get help. Seriously...
    Quote Quote  

  6. -2936
    tylerdolphin's Avatar
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    12,564
    vCash:
    6991
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    On Thursday I made roast beef in the crock pot since I'm a fan of making things that you just throw into a pot and eat a day later. I had some of it yesterday, and predictably it was delicious. So this morning when I finally pried myself out of bed, I walked into the kitchen to see my so-called-vegetarian wife leaning over the crock pot and smelling it. She claims she was just looking to see what I put in there, but I'm pretty sure I saw her getting a big whiff of amazing roast beefy aroma. We've been married about 2 years, and dated for 3 beforehand, and I've never seen her even glance at meat, nevermind look interested in trying some. I could never be a vegetarian, but I've always been supportive of her decision and have never tried to get her to eat anything she didn't want. But now I'm wondering if I should broach the subject. It would be nice to not have to make 2 separate meals every night...
    A girl I went out with a few times had never in her life eaten red meat or pork. She had eaten chicken and fish before, but not in years. Her mom is vegetarian and her dad only eats some meats now and then. Her brother used to eat pretty much anything though. Seemed so sad that someone could never know what a good ribeye tastes like.




    Quote Quote  

  7. -2937
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,868
    vCash:
    5448
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    I tried going vegetarian about a year & a half back. I lasted about 2 & 1/2 or 3 months before I cracked. Chicken wings & hot sauce broke me... I'm only so strong.

    That being said, just let her do the vegetarian thing. For most people it's a moral issue rather than a taste issue.
    I actually tried to go vegetarian for a while back before we got married. I lasted 2 weeks, if that. My body just craved meat. No matter how much I ate, I was still hungry. I got credit for trying by the wifey, and went and bought the biggest bag of beef jerky I could find. Suffice to say, I nearly blew a load in my pants after that first bite...
    Quote Quote  

  8. -2938
    JamesBW43's Avatar
    You're standing on my neck

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2005
    Posts:
    3,903
    vCash:
    6755
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post


    Where've you been anyways James? Seems like you disappeared right around the same time Zest stopped posting...
    Studying for the LSAT and putting together law school applications. Took me forever to write a personal statement. I think I wrote about twenty different versions before finally settling on one.
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -2939
    tylerdolphin's Avatar
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    12,564
    vCash:
    6991
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesBW43 View Post
    Eh, you alcoholics needed to be hosed down anyway.
    Hey man, cool it. I CAN STOP DRINKING ANYTIME I WANT TO.

    ---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I actually tried to go vegetarian for a while back before we got married. I lasted 2 weeks, if that. My body just craved meat. No matter how much I ate, I was still hungry. I got credit for trying by the wifey, and went and bought the biggest bag of beef jerky I could find. Suffice to say, I nearly blew a load in my pants after that first bite...
    How people live on tofu is mind blowing. They always say "its not bad." And they are right. Its not bad. Its just blah. Useless. It doesnt taste at all. Its not bad, but its not good either. **** a tofu.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -2940
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,868
    vCash:
    5448
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesBW43 View Post
    Studying for the LSAT and putting together law school applications. Took me forever to write a personal statement. I think I wrote about twenty different versions before finally settling on one.
    I don't envy you my friend. The GRE is nothing compared to the LSAT, and I spent weeks studying for that stupid test. I've always been a decent writer, so the personal statements weren't too bad. I did redo it probably 3 or 4 times, though. Perils of being a perfectionist...
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6718
    Last Post: 08-08-2013, 03:17 PM
  2. Replies: 1716
    Last Post: 02-04-2008, 03:37 PM
  3. can we keep this thread alive in the PoFo?
    By Maynard the Hammer in forum Questions and Suggestions Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2006, 11:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •