Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 304 of 1535 FirstFirst ... 299300301302303304305306307308309 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 15349

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -3031
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Saw 'The Campaign' last night. Funny, & sad satire of the American election process.
    Quote Quote  

2. -3032
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    An ideologue is an idealist you don't agree with, that's all. Actually, even "idealist" carries with it sort of a negative connotation of naivete. Idealists generally prefer the term "principled", and label the "pragmatic" as "sell outs".

It's all a nice big pile of bull****.

#freespesh
    Quote Quote  

3. -3033
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke
    I'm using it in terms of someone who pushes for things that are unrealistic just because they feel that's the way it should be.
    Do you believe there are ideologues on both sides of the political aisle in this forum?
    Im somewhat disappointed that more African Americans dont think for themselves and just go with whatever theyre supposed to say and think."

- Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

4. -3034
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    Saw 'The Campaign' last night. Funny, & sad satire of the American election process.
    Someone got it for me over the holiday. Not a fan of post-Anchorman Will Ferrell. In that light, is it worth spending an evening watching? Or should i keep kicking the can down the road?
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered

#freespesh. Because HIPAA
    http://www.finheaven.com/showthread....e-Recap-Thread
    Quote Quote  

5. -3035
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Someone got it for me over the holiday. Not a fan of post-Anchorman Will Ferrell. In that light, is it worth spending an evening watching? Or should i keep kicking the can down the road?
    I like almost everything Ferrell's done in varying degrees; especially all his impersonations of George Bush. In this movie he's basically playing a loose version of his impersonation of Bush, & I think there's a little Ricky Bobby in there as well. It's not a great movie by any stretch of the imagination, but it wasn't bad either. Had some really funny parts, & other times it dragged a bit. Overall I'd say it's watchable; pop it in for 15 minutes & see how you like it before you commit to it.

I also saw one of the newly added documentaries on Netflix called 'Hippie Masala'. Wouldn't really recommend it for anyone on this board though. They chronicled maybe 5 or 6 westerners who moved to India in the 60's & 70's in search of self-realization. Was definitely interesting but not something I think many of you would consider entertaining.
    Quote Quote  

6. -3036
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    An ideologue is an idealist you don't agree with, that's all. Actually, even "idealist" carries with it sort of a negative connotation of naivete. Idealists generally prefer the term "principled", and label the "pragmatic" as "sell outs".

It's all a nice big pile of bull****.
    Interesting way to look at it. I consider myself an idealist, but I also keep in mind what's pragmatic. I guess my annoyance is with those who refuse to acknowledge the pragmatism of the various situations. Ron Paul is a good example of this. He refused to discuss how pragmatic his ideas were and just harped on his ideologies. It was hard to take a man serious who harped on ending the fed, but refused to acknowledge the difficulties and consequences of doing so...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

7. -3037
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post
    Do you believe there are ideologues on both sides of the political aisle in this forum?
    You're trying to argue a point I never made. I never specified what kind of ideologues. I named them in general. I find some of the ideologues in PETA to be just as destructive as the ideologues in Westboro.

I don't get you man. You're obviously a smart dude. And you seem educated. You always seem to have a grasp on what you're talking about, even if I don't agree with it. But then you'll just pop in out of nowhere and make ridiculous claims like that birther bull**** you posted earlier today. At least with someone like Statler there is consistency on what's going on. You're all over the place...
    Quote Quote  

8. -3038
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Interesting way to look at it. I consider myself an idealist, but I also keep in mind what's pragmatic. I guess my annoyance is with those who refuse to acknowledge the pragmatism of the various situations.
    Which comes from starting with principles and looking for facts rather than facts informing principles, imo. There's a reason why logic and facts never persuade religious people like Statler. His view of the world doesn't come from logic or deductive reasoning (despite his amusing bull****). It comes from his heart. Only an emotional appeal can even hope to make a dent because emotion is what got him where he is.

Ron Paul is a good example of this. He refused to discuss how pragmatic his ideas were and just harped on his ideologies. It was hard to take a man serious who harped on ending the fed, but refused to acknowledge the difficulties and consequences of doing so...
    Don't get me started on Ron Paul.
    Quote Quote  

9. -3039
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    I like almost everything Ferrell's done in varying degrees; especially all his impersonations of George Bush. In this movie he's basically playing a loose version of his impersonation of Bush, & I think there's a little Ricky Bobby in there as well. It's not a great movie by any stretch of the imagination, but it wasn't bad either. Had some really funny parts, & other times it dragged a bit. Overall I'd say it's watchable; pop it in for 15 minutes & see how you like it before you commit to it.

I also saw one of the newly added documentaries on Netflix called 'Hippie Masala'. Wouldn't really recommend it for anyone on this board though. They chronicled maybe 5 or 6 westerners who moved to India in the 60's & 70's in search of self-realization. Was definitely interesting but not something I think many of you would consider entertaining.
    Liked his older stuff on SNL. Celebrity Jeopardy with Norm McDonald and Darrell Hammond used to crack me the **** up. Liked Old School and absolutely loved Anchorman. Talladega Nights had some amusing moment i suppose but was pretty much done at that point. Everything he did became formulaic. Or perhaps its more accurate to say everything he did was formulaic and it just became more obvious.
    Quote Quote  

10. -3040
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Anal bum cover.
    Quote Quote